Who’s still at work

Sat at home. It’s crap. Wouldn’t be so bad if you could jump in the car and go for a spin but you can’t. If one thing has become abundantly clear it’s that retirement is going to be really really crap when I finally get to that point. I now understand why the 72 year old bloke I work with still drives every week despite not needing the money.

We’re still in as apparently delivering as much booze and potnoodles as will fit into
A cage to convenience stores is “critical work”
I did get told I deserved a medal this morning but I’ll just have to take the 10% pay rise and extra discount at Tesco

gazsa401:
I’m still working very busy as I work in food distribution

+1…

Been flat out since last week. Now I remember why I quit full time and went casual, I’m hekin’ knackered after 3 shifts.

Still in, the boxes are dribbling in & out of Southampton
[emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji1696]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

polytrotter:

Straight from Wuhan Province with crap we used to make that we don’t need any more

Ironically now is the perfect time for a blast.
My kids live an hour away…collecting and taking them back at the weekend was never done so quickly or with less frustration

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:

polytrotter:

Straight from Wuhan Province with crap we used to make that we don’t need any more

[emoji40][emoji40][emoji40][emoji40]
[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

2 days a week on boxes, Friday doing the thing I do on Fridays. Surprised Prudhoe don’t want anybody in to do extra bogroll.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Our place is still going but have said they are now looking for volunteers if they have to furlough people.
I’ll be putting my name forward because trying to sort out childcare is becoming almost impossible. His usual nursery has shut, we sorted out a replacement while we were isolating, but they have now closed before he’s been able to start there. We’re now on nursery number 3, but I’d be better off financially staying at home on 80% than working and paying nursery fees.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Working. Have laid off most of the agency drivers (about 70% of the workforce) though. Problem for our lot is that supermarket work accounts for around 30% of our work whereas the rest is delivering to foodservices places such as Brakes, 3663, Bidfood etc and obviously they’ve got naff all work on.

no change here,
I do a couple of days a week for Mail & Parcel co,
Parcels are up, whilst we cart some medicines & food, there’s been a surge in online crap,
would you believe Ipswich depot put 70 inflatable Jacuzzi’s into the hub last week,
and I just bought back a load of lawnmowers today ■■?
Is this ■■■■ really essential ■■?

Well I was asked (or more like told) that I would be going on this Furlow thurlow?? thing.
So being the complete arse that I am :unamused: , I kicked off (mildly and tactfully) that I thought it unfair seeing that the actual job I did was still running, so why tf should I be laid off, just to let one of his teararse clowns do it, and f it up for me.
So he basically give me my own way. :neutral_face:

Got a bit of grief off the Mrs and the (grown up) kids,.and on reflection I should have took him up on it, …then to add insult to injury I’ve been asked to go in a day early tomorrow,.seeing as he’s laid off other drivers. :smiley:

I would have looked a complete ■■■■ if I’d back pedaled and said ‘I’ve changed my mind,.want to be off’ …so still getting family brief and earache. :unamused: :smiley:

So bit the bullet, doing a trip down to East Midlands tomorrow and then my usual S.West job for rest of week…me and my big gob eh? :smiley:
What a ■■■■ hero I am :laughing: :unamused:

Thought today was my last day as all the other drivers doing brick and block were furlouhed on Friday. Phoned my line manager after my last drop to be told yes that’s it now park up when you get back the yard and we’ll be in touch. Hadn’t even got off the phone when another manager was phoning me to ask if I wanted to drive one of his lorries. So I guess I’m still hanging in there for the time being.

Working as a mechanic in a bus garage, we are working 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off.
No more overtime ( normally do 65 hrs + a week)
My week is now going to be a permanent Wednesday to Saturday night and on call for 15 hours on a sunday for 4 hours pay…
Only one of us on each shift and a couple of cleaners as they sent most of them home for 12 weeks.
On 80% pay for the weeks that we’re off.
Passenger numbers have dropped 95% in the last 3 weeks and 45 of our 65 strong fleet have been sorned for the foreseeable.
I’m the last one in so I’m expecting to be gone if things get worse. I’m only grateful that I have no young kids and no debts.

Saw email from gov via fta and they have been told all transport/haulage etc is considered essential, wether it’s keeping hospital, supermarket or a non existent building site supplied. [emoji2369] MSA’s also been made essential services and have been instructed to have showers/toilet facilities available and cleaned regularly. No word on wether they gonna charge us £20/£30 or £5million for this privilege but it’s a help i suppose…[emoji106]

Still ounlt and about. Same as the bread guys. Takings are up and more and more so we are thinking about home deliveries after nightshift.

Sustainable. I will do my cpc online in the meantime for when all of this is over so i can either setup a company in haulage or go back into the trucking life.

Yes today., but work has gone off a cliff
Spent half of today repairing and replacing trailer internal straps
Now running trailers to our storage yard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conor:
Sat at home. It’s crap. Wouldn’t be so bad if you could jump in the car and go for a spin but you can’t. If one thing has become abundantly clear it’s that retirement is going to be really really crap when I finally get to that point. I now understand why the 72 year old bloke I work with still drives every week despite not needing the money.

Oh dear, you sound just like one of my mates back in the UK. He is due to retire at the end of the year and is dreading it. No financial worries just hates not being at work.
I have a couple of other friends who despise it as well but I also know many like myself that love every minute of it.

My advice if you are interested is make sure you can afford to have the lifestyle you want and have enough hobbies to keep you busy especially in the winter months.
Other than that you could carry on working but I personally can’t understand anyone that would want to do that unless they needed the pennies.

jakethesnake:

Conor:

Oh dear, you sound just like one of my mates back in the UK. He is due to retire at the end of the year and is dreading it. No financial worries just hates not being at work.
I have a couple of other friends who despise it as well but I also know many like myself that love every minute of it.

My advice if you are interested is make sure you can afford to have the lifestyle you want and have enough hobbies to keep you busy especially in the winter months.
Other than that you could carry on working but I personally can’t understand anyone that would want to do that unless they needed the pennies.

Oh dear. You sound like an old pompous ■■■■ who thinks hes better than everyone. Probably sat on the toilet whilst typimg out his glorious lifestyle. Some pictures of you in another country would be verified.

I am happy to post my daily photos if needed.

You are one of the panic merchants. Roger over out.

When I told my employer I was having to take the 12 shielding , I was asked for the keys and phone and told bye bye no longer employed, he wouldn’t consider SSP or the 80% wage thing , strange to see my job advertised :frowning: .
No contact from him or replies to e-mail or phone calls .
DWP don’t answer the phone ant the online claim thing keeps crashing ffs.
And to make it worse the wife is in isolation with Me :cry: