Where was I? Solved Martin

The Boot & Shoe :question:

It IS on the A1…

Andrew V8 closest now, starting to warm up a bit

I think there is a bit of a red herring here and if it’s the town I’m thinking of it is on the A1 but the picture is of The Great North Road, I think it’s St Mary’s Hill Stamford. if it’s right I’ll kick myself cause it was my first choice and I talked myself out of it.

You are stone cold again…

In a modern photo taken here, the current A1 would be visible…not necessarily on the same alignment. And you might find the buildings on the right missing.

Back to the drawing board. If you google St Mary’s hill looking down from the church I assumed the buildings on the right had gone and there is a similar building with the arched door way on the left, never mind, it was the only place I could think of near the A1 that looked similar.

Another try now that I know I am looking for a building that’s not there!!

You are on the A1 Southbound at Skellow and the loop road where those buildings are is now called Robin Hood’s Well. (The well is actually at the Southern end of that loop road)

Good job Martin. Spot on

This one is so weird, I was 100% sure that the pic was Bramham and even now checking that pic I posted it does look the same and I was convinced that I was right, I have even been in that pub many years ago!. But now I know where it is I really should be have got it right first time, I have overnighted in that loop road a few times and even delivered to the mini RDC thats down there!!

DOH and how many times have I driven past there, I’ve even taken breaks there.