Where is the news?

Carryfast:

the maoster:

ROG:
I wonder how many wish Charles had not taken the crown and become the kings father letting William take the crown :question:
Bet the Americans do …

IMHO Charles is already doing a good job. He’s doing the right thing and making the right noises as one would expect from an apprentice of his standing! Time will tell

Doing a good job of foisting the climate scam on us when he can afford to heat the palace at £1 per kWh and no doubt he’ll be well away from our version of Chernobyl.

Earth to Carryfast, we’re in the 21st century now, care to join us?

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

the maoster:

ROG:
I wonder how many wish Charles had not taken the crown and become the kings father letting William take the crown :question:
Bet the Americans do …

IMHO Charles is already doing a good job. He’s doing the right thing and making the right noises as one would expect from an apprentice of his standing! Time will tell

Doing a good job of foisting the climate scam on us when he can afford to heat the palace at £1 per kWh and no doubt he’ll be well away from our version of Chernobyl.

Earth to Carryfast, we’re in the 21st century now, care to join us?

What’s the 21st century got to do with a royal who supposedly doesn’t do politics telling us that we have to go nuclear all electric at £1 per kWh so that our oil and gas can be exported.Based on the bs theory that CO2 cooked Venus.

Carryfast:

the maoster:

ROG:
Bet the Americans do …

I’m gonna regret asking you a sensible question but here goes- what facts are you basing your claim on that nuclear power is seemingly, in your mind, going to kill us all?

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

the maoster:

ROG:
Bet the Americans do …

I’m gonna regret asking you a sensible question but here goes- what facts are you basing your claim on that nuclear power is seemingly, in your mind, going to kill us all?

Don’t forget Carry slow still lives in a time before the transport act brought in by Barbra castle and the multi modal container wasn’t invented

I think maybe this was inspired by Windage

switchlogic:

Facts like these which you’ll no doubt deny ever happened.

theparisreview.org/letters-e … alexievich

Just like you’ll deny the price of going all electric at 50p per kWh and probably double that by April.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Just like you’ll deny the price of going all electric at 50p per kWh and probably double that by April.

You think I’ll deny Chernobyl ever happened?! Righty oh, apologies for attempting to initiate a sensible discussion, my initial thoughts about that were correct. I bid you good day. God save the King.

HOORAY - proper news is back :smiley:

ROG:
HOORAY - proper news is back :smiley:

Is it? Why? What happened?

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

You think I’ll deny Chernobyl ever happened?! Righty oh, apologies for attempting to initiate a sensible discussion, my initial thoughts about that were correct. I bid you good day. God save the King.

But you obviously are denying the details provided, regarding the results of what happened/s when it all goes horribly wrong.

You say that you agree that Chernobyl ( and Windscale and Three Mile Island and Fukushima all happened ) but you crearly are denying that nuclear is dangerous.Which is my point.
It’s actually far too dangerous for a civil energy source.
So dangerous and polluting that we rightly use it as the unthinkable strategic military deterrent and so far luckily it’s worked.
You’re obviously pushing the same narrative as the government, that subjecting the country to that risk, as detailed in the Chernobyl article, at the price of £1 per kWh to add insult to injury, is worth it.
All so that our oil and gas resources can be exported.
Sensible discussion indeed.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

But you obviously are denying the details provided, regarding the results of what happened/s when it all goes horribly wrong.

You say that you agree that Chernobyl ( and Windscale and Three Mile Island and Fukushima all happened ) but you crearly are denying that nuclear is dangerous.Which is my point.
It’s actually far too dangerous for a civil energy source.
So dangerous and polluting that we rightly use it as the unthinkable strategic military deterrent and so far luckily it’s worked.
You’re obviously pushing the same narrative as the government, that subjecting the country to that risk, as detailed in the Chernobyl article, at the price of £1 per kWh to add insult to injury, is worth it.
All so that our oil and gas resources can be exported.
Sensible discussion indeed.

Righty oh, apologies for attempting to initiate a sensible discussion you crackpot, my initial thoughts about that were correct. I bid you good day. God save the King.

#CluelessCarryfast

The reason I ask is because the facts simply don’t agree with you, but then you’ve always had a very tenuous grip on reality. 3 major disasters since 1951 (that’s a fact), Malfunction, incompetence, earthquake (another fact), One of which killed no one at all (pesky facts eh). What’s your preferred method of power generation Carryfast and how many deaths does it have per thousand terawatt hour, as it’ll be more than nuclear (bloody facts coming thick and fast)

Personally my view is nuclear power is the answer to all our problems but we are scared to use it, mostly based on scaremongering rather than facts. Was an interesting programme on Radio 4 yesterday about the work to make nuclear fusion an option for power generation, very exciting development.

From engineering.com/story/whats … gy-sources

switchlogic:
The reason I ask is because the facts simply don’t agree with you, but then you’ve always had a very tenuous grip on reality. 3 major disasters since 1951 (that’s a fact), Malfunction, incompetence, earthquake (another fact), One of which killed no one at all (pesky facts eh). What’s your preferred method of power generation Carryfast and how many deaths does it have per thousand terawatt hour, as it’ll be more than nuclear (bloody facts coming thick and fast)

Personally my view is nuclear power is the answer to all our problems but we are scared to use it, mostly based on scaremongering rather than facts. Was an interesting programme on Radio 4 yesterday about the work to make nuclear fusion an option for power generation, very exciting development.

From engineering.com/story/whats … gy-sources

All of those details within the Paris review are facts as to what happens when fissile material gets into the environment.
The nuclear power industry was and should stay purely a by product of nuke weapons production.It has no place as a civilian source of energy.
On that note we don’t have a strategic fossil fuel weapons programme and we don’t have a gas and coal and petrol bomb based deterrent for a reason in that regard.
While even if nuke energy was as safe as fossil fuel good luck with affording it at £1 per kWh.
Ironically it’s precisely because I support the idea of a military nuke deterrent that I’m against a civilian nuke energy policy.The idea of using nukes for civilian purposes is an oxymoron.The stuff is the antithesis of life just as Oppenheimer rightly said bearing in mind that it’s the polluting fallout and results on life, not the blast, which is the most effective part of it’s use as a weapon.

Now that’s prime Carryfast! You don’t believe in nuclear power but do agree with nuclear weapons

Carryfast:
While even if nuke energy was as safe as fossil fuel good luck

No, indeed, nuclear isn’t as safe as conventional means of power generation, it’s a lot lot lot lot safer

Talking of Nuclear weapons I got shown around an active in service United States nuclear submarine 4 years ago, that was super interesting. Dunno why I mention that but there we go.

switchlogic:
Now that’s prime Carryfast! You don’t believe in nuclear power but do agree with nuclear weapons

Carryfast:

No, indeed, nuclear isn’t as safe as conventional means of power generation, it’s a lot lot lot lot safer

Talking of Nuclear weapons I got shown around an active in service United States nuclear submarine 4 years ago, that was super interesting. Dunno why I mention that but there we go.

The facts regarding the Chernobyl release and that nuclear energy and fissile material pollution, is a terrifying weapon of mass destruction in terms of its lethality, is an oxymoron v a safe civil source of energy.
Ironically if it was as safe and economic as you say it is then civilian shipping would long ago have adopted nuclear power.
Also France wouldn’t be closing down nuke power production in favour of taking our gas resources.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

The facts regarding the Chernobyl release and that nuclear energy and fissile material pollution, is a terrifying weapon of mass destruction in terms of its lethality, is an oxymoron v a safe civil source of energy.
Ironically if it was as safe and economic as you say it is then civilian shipping would long ago have adopted nuclear power.
Also France wouldn’t be closing down nuke power production in favour of taking our gas resources.

You’re a walking oxymoron.You don’t know your arse from your elbow. Pro nuclear weapons but anti nuclear power is utterly hilarious. It is as safe as I say, I’ve provided facts, which I know you have a very distant relationship to at the best of times. Issue is too many believe the scare stories, you included. 3 incident in 70 years. 3. I think we’re done here, tho no doubt you’ll continue to rant against the facts. God save the king.

Also did you enjoy working for Carryfast, were they good to work for? As it made me laugh today how in this industry you’ve completely trashed the name Carryfast :smiley: :smiley: So that’s an achievement

Well, that was unexpected……

switchlogic:
Well, that was unexpected……

Nothing surprises me now anymore…

Here is the news - Mick Lynch, of the RMT union, speaking outside the Labour Party Conference in Liverpool today has said that many train operating companies are in crisis and “close to collapse”.
I wonder why?
Here are a few observations for you Mick :-
Trains need to carry a lot of goods and paying passengers, lots of them, in order to be financially viable.
Before the pandemic, passenger numbers on Britain’s railways were high. During the pandemic, for obvious reasons, those numbers fell dramatically (because we were encouraged to stay at home, in case you’ve forgotten) and the number of services were severely cut back. So for two years, hardly anybody used the few trains that your essential-worker members ran. Then, as restrictions eased and most of the population returned to some kind of normality, those train operators could start to run more trains on more routes and began to offer incentives such as £1 tickets and ‘make big savings by booking early’ schemes to get us travelling again.
So what do the Unions do to help?

• They called for industrial action.
    A series of one-day strikes that also affect running on both the day before and the day after the appointed day of action.
    So now, people are justifiably wary of booking early for fear of not being able to make or complete their journey. Potential income lost to road transport, public or private.
    And that’s before even considering rail-borne freight.
    Yes, everybody would like a fatter wage packet, but with the average rail workers income reportedly around £44K P.A. MOST of them are not exactly impoverished.
    Industries constantly need to make changes, sometimes unpopular, to keep up with both technology and a changing world.

The way they are going, those unions will, with the help of their members, destroy the very jobs they reckon to be fighting to protect.

Call off the strikes, take what’s offered, go back to work and give the public the confidence to return to the railways. That revenue will then help secure your future.
Rant over, for now.

fodenway:
Here is the news - Mick Lynch, of the RMT union, speaking outside the Labour Party Conference in Liverpool today has said that many train operating companies are in crisis and “close to collapse”.
I wonder why?
Here are a few observations for you Mick :-
Trains need to carry a lot of goods and paying passengers, lots of them, in order to be financially viable.

He knows, which is why he, and many others including myself, think trains should be in public hands. This is entirely down to the sell everything to the highest bidder ethos that’s cursed this county and left us now with very few assets and much of what should be in public hands owned by foreign companies