Whats your ride

So Wolfie also drives for the little red X company

You’ve lost me there, the little red X company?

wolfie your photo has come back with a red x

OOoops! :blush: it’s working here lol

just changed the settings for my online photos, can you see them now?

Nope :laughing:

OK let’s try photobucket

Yeah Wolfie, thats better mate… we can see the pics now… :wink:

If he can do it, why don’t it work for me :question: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

:laughing:

My ride at the moment is this…

What does the “L” stand for?

LOST :laughing: :laughing: well i would be

I think it is something to do with low noise emisions :confused:

Correct,low noise.Trucks with an L on them mean they are fitted with a ‘whisper kit’ which surronds most of the engine to reduce noise.
This is for Austria,and without it you will pay more road tax and more toll’s for the Brenner Pass etc.

It has to be fitted by the dealer who then authenticates it and the truck is issued a certificate by the Austrian authorities which you must carry with you,in case they ask to see it.

Years ago,you could only drive between 22.00 and 05.00 in Austria if you had an ‘L’.
I believe the same still applies,but now you get charged almost twice as much road tax if you want to drive between those times.

Interesting. Here in NY, they are starting to enforce truck noise laws. The courts have declared that the “no engine brake” laws are illegal, so instead, noise laws are being enforced. I was driving on NY 13N the other day, heading into Ithaca, and there was a sign posted at the top of the long downgrade that said “90 dB maximum”.

So we are supposed to carry decibell meters now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This country has some very stupid laws :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OK it might be small… but it’s not the size it’s how you use it!! :laughing:

[/img]

By the way that’s not my car it’s the daughters!! I drive a flying brick Volvo 850R Estate

Dave

That grass could do with a trim

KW:
Correct,low noise.Trucks with an L on them mean they are fitted with a ‘whisper kit’ which surronds most of the engine to reduce noise.
This is for Austria,and without it you will pay more road tax and more toll’s for the Brenner Pass etc.

It has to be fitted by the dealer who then authenticates it and the truck is issued a certificate by the Austrian authorities which you must carry with you,in case they ask to see it.

Years ago,you could only drive between 22.00 and 05.00 in Austria if you had an ‘L’.
I believe the same still applies,but now you get charged almost twice as much road tax if you want to drive between those times.

Can anyone tell me why Iceland Deeside’s FM12’s are fitted with them then :question: :grimacing:

Rob K:

KW:

Can anyone tell me why Iceland Deeside’s FM12’s are fitted with them then :question: :grimacing:

i think it has something to do with nighttime deliverys to certain town centres in the uk.

jon