What's your job like?

Absolutely despise my job.
Spoken to like utter crap from customers as well as from middle management.
Health and Safety non existent only when it suits them.
Earning same money 20 odd years ago.
Will be gone in the New Year.
And it can’t come soon enough.

Milk tanker driver for West Wales best known operator. Easy job, lots of waiting to tip and load then waiting while i tip/load and staff in every place we go to are friendly and helpful.Most strenuous thing I do is connect pipes, which is ■■■■ easy, but don’t even do that in most places, it’s done for us. 4 on 4 off - semi retirement as I call it. It’s a world away from general haulage and fridges where I’ve come from.

switchlogic:
Milk tanker driver for West Wales best known operator. Easy job, lots of waiting to tip and load then waiting while i tip/load and staff in every place we go to are friendly and helpful.Most strenuous thing I do is connect pipes, which is ■■■■ easy, but don’t even do that in most places, it’s done for us. 4 on 4 off - semi retirement as I call it. It’s a world away from general haulage and fridges where I’ve come from.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
dont you need to strap the milk in case you get pulled by vostapo,or can you get away with using internals?

by the way some of the questions are being asked then itl not be surprising to have that one flung in.
i was going to say it was a serious question but i suspect you would have told me to pull the udder one… :slight_smile:

Don’t milk it dd you know switch has the cream. Mind I bet in winter it can be a cow but he wouldn’t give you no bull.

I do general haulage , the only day I like working is Sunday’s as no one in office and it’s a simple pickup trailer go to Wales tip and back ,
Rest of the week is Zb [emoji49] planner who has golden boys , rubbish drops in either builders merchants or building sites , having to go to Palletways hub

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pallal:
Do checks
Go A
Wait
Go B
Wait
Go Home

^^^^ This with

Call office cancel Go C as they can’t plan hours so not enough.

Then go home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gone to s"£$% in the last 24hrs due to our good planner going off sick, and the ‘employee’ standing in thinks he’s god!!! :imp: :imp: :imp:

Goldfinger:
Gone to s"£$% in the last 24hrs due to our good planner going off sick, and the ‘employee’ standing in thinks he’s god!!! :imp: :imp: :imp:

Little hitler syndrome [emoji49]

Today
Tip load from yesterday ,waited 1 hour to unload
Then gone to pick up 15 pallets from one of our customers to take pack to yard been on bay 45 so far
Once loaded phone office and probably pick more stuff up at an other customer
Hopefully head home at 4 pm end of my week

dieseldog999:

switchlogic:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
dont you need to strap the milk in case you get pulled by vostapo,or can you get away with using internals?

by the way some of the questions are being asked then itl not be surprising to have that one flung in.
i was going to say it was a serious question but i suspect you would have told me to pull the udder one… :slight_smile:

:smiley:

I am glad I gave up a mix of general haulage and pallet network just as DVSA were getting ridiculously pedantic about load security, this will outrage the Trucknet pros but I hardly ever used to strap anything! And guess what? Never lost anything either

Job is sound, beats working for a living