fozzie:
barcelona murcia madrid but it was my first time :smiley:

first time for what :exclamation: :open_mouth: :wink: :wink:

And I wear a tie :open_mouth:

Coffeeholic:
ā€¦
East - TiszaƃĀŗjvƃĀ”ros,

Thats easy for you to sayā€¦!!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

the first trip driving europe and im very pleased for you about wearing a tie but why you telling me :smiley:

Thessalonika, Greece.

With a brand new Land Rover 110 Tdi in 1999 for the Kosovo relief project.

A friend was the TM for Save the Children Charity. Got posted to Skopje, Macedonia on this project. Hadnā€™t heard from him in years. He phoned me from a mobile out the blue one evening, was on for over 30 minutes, asked me if i could collect a new Land Rover at Brooklands and meet him in Thessalonika with itā€¦ ever so casual like!

Hitched it on a Bank Hol Monday afternoon to Chertsey. B & B for the night there. Thanks to the Threllfalls driver for the one-hit lift :slight_smile:

Collected the motor Tues AM. Fuelled up & down to Dover, on the phone arranging an emergerncy dentist visit on the way down! I had terrible toothache!

Sailed Dover - Calais later afternoon. Stopped at a truck stop near Laon (spelling? def. not Lyon) that night. slept in the motor.

Wednesday swiss to Aosta. Hotel for the night up the hill opposite side of the highway to McDonalds.

Thursdays to Bari. Had NO IDEA about ferries, frequency, times, where to, nothing. They were so short staffed in the office in London, my only contact with them was to phone in once a day to let them know i was ok & where i was.
They had no time to assist me by pre-booking feries etc. I was on my own!
By sheer luck, just caught the night boat to Igumanitsa.
Had terrible toothache on the boat. The dentist had given me penicilin & it didnā€™t work.

Friday up thruā€™ the mountains & into Thessalonika. 3 days exactly to the hour almost. Canā€™t remember the total mileage. 1800 sound right?

I couldnā€™t take it into Macedonia as it was classed as a war zone & they couldnā€™t get it insured for me to go there. My mate got a taxi down to Thesso & met me there. He has arranged to meet with some volunteer doctors & nurses at the hotel who were to travel back with him.

Saturday was R & R

Sunday Flew home.

There were 6 more Land Rovers to go out & he offered me the job. Sadly, i had to decline it as i had too many other things going on.

Furthest iā€™ve been (not driven) in a truck was Rome, story here:

tinyurl.com/2tdgpt

Furthest in one hit? Preston to Fraserburgh & back in a Ford Transit Car transporter.

Jonathan

Furthest Iā€™ve run was about 5 mile in 1997!! :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously though - nowhere near as far as some of the previous answers. Respect. :wink:

Iā€™ve been to the four corners of this wonderful island of ours (more or less), a bit of Ireland and northern France once.

Besides, if they send me north of Stamford I get a nosebleed. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

in the uk
north, baltasound, unst ,shetland (thats as far as you can go in this country)
west, anglessey
east , lowestoft
south, never driven a truck further down than weston supermare.

continent.
north, billund , denmark
westā€¦drove a truck in the states once (nah, that dont count)
east berlin once
south, drove trucks down the falklands, and drove a coach round sardinia.

my respect to to the guys that do turkey, middle east etc. :sunglasses:

1975 - Kodari: the Nepal -Tibet border, effectively Chinese territory, due to their occupation of Nepal, in a Fiat bus starting from Istanbul.

My longest straight run = Naples to Grorud (Norway)

Limits of known world:

North = Grorud (Norway)
South = Milazzo (Sicily)
East = Belgrade (Former Yugoslavia)
West = Cork (ROI)

Now? Counselling required for journeys past Brum.

My respects still go to the Middle-East guys. :wink:

Sheeter:
1975 - Kodari: the Nepal -Tibet border, effectively Chinese territory, due to their occupation of Nepal, in a Fiat bus starting from Istanbul.

Cor blimey Sheeter, that was some hike. RESPECT.

You did it in a Fiat :astonished: RESPECT and more RESPECT. :wink:

Liverpool to Doha, Tip pipes Doha load plastic granules for Dubai and Sharja, backload 40Tons Macaroni for Doha. I dont suppose the backload counts!! Then load Plastic again for the Jordan Valley, I could see the Holy Land across the river.

GS OVERLAND:
Liverpool to Doha, Tip pipes Doha load plastic granules for Dubai and Sharja, backload 40Tons Macaroni for Doha. I dont suppose the backload counts!! Then load Plastic again for the Jordan Valley, I could see the Holy Land across the river.

When I worked for Chapman and Ball,they had an office in Amman.I was returning from Saudi on one trip and was asked to go down to the Dead Sea,(Jordan side),where Wimpey Laboritories were drilling in the bed of the Dead Sea for Phosphate,to load drilling equipment back to the UK.I could see the Hotels on the Israeli side of the Dead Sea where they were probably drinking iced Guinness.
On another trip,in the same area,I spent Christmas day on the Ramtha customs park waiting to exit Jordan.I made myself a Christmas dinner of tinned stuff my wife had packed in case I didnā€™t get home.There was presents from my kids,and I was listening to Christmas carols from Bethlehem,blub,blub.

GS OVERLAND:
I could see the Holy Land across the river.

what, you could see right into Yorkshire from there? wow :wink:

GS OVERLAND:

Blimey, i bet the truck & trailer was groaning a bit. :question: :unamused: :question:

jj72:

GS OVERLAND:
I could see the Holy Land across the river.

what, you could see right into Yorkshire from there? wow :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Like it!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pendig

Coffeeholic:
ā€¦
East - TiszaƃĀŗjvƃĀ”ros

Bless you :laughing:

Need a hankee?? :wink:

Sockpuppet:
Is there room in Gibraltor for an Artic?

No they park on the Spanish side and throw the goods across the runway to Iceland and the other places :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously yes mate, but not much :blush: :wink:

Of course if your just nipping in ā€œunit onlyā€ for some lunch and a spot of shopping itā€™s much easier :wink:

dave:
westā€¦drove a truck in the states once (nah, that dont count)

why not some people would :laughing: :laughing:

I would include my several years driving over there, along with Europe, the ā€œblocā€, North africa and Ireland :blush:

But that would be IF I wanted to play the ā€œWho can pee highest gameā€ (class jj) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

and I doubt I my lucky stumbling around could nold a glimpse of a candle to the M/E boys RESPECT to all of them :blush: :blush: :blush:

Whats next a highest and lowest game :open_mouth:

Been on Concorde and down a mine so I might win this one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Trujillo in Spain, loved it.

Ive only been up to John O Groats northwards and down to Antibe southwards but read about a swiss bloke doing a run to Vladivostock!!
see globetrucker.org/tourlive_frame_engl.php3
for details.