what would you do

If it’s a night run traffic shouldn’t generally be a problem so I would just get on with it. If you need a 45 on the way down, take one. You have two 10h drives a week so it can go wrong 2 days out of 5 without any danger of you breaking driver’s hours rules. If you run out of driving time half an hour from the yard on the way back on the other three days they’ll have to send someone out to fetch you as the chances are you’ll only be half an hour or so away at most so they would be mad to ask you to have 9h off and then run in.

If it turns out that they have to come and fetch you on a regular basis they might rethink the whole thing and change it to something more sensible.

Paul

As said before I would do it legally as regards speed and hours and if it is not possible then all concerned including you will find out.
Always find it best to keep my mouth shut and apply the above and then you have done it without pre-empting the situation and nobody can accuse you of trying to sabotage the job.
And rememember nobody can critisise you for keeping to the speed limits. Are you on Isotrak cos that can help to strengthen your case.

bjd:
Some numpty has no dout been on google or aa route finder to see if it can be dome unfortunatley they dont take account of what your driving or allow for delays the word tossers comes to mind …

Or Paragon. :imp:

Ken.