What would you do to drive a new Actros MP4?

money wages id drive anything even a revival in a ec 10 erf its about money dont give a ■■■■ if its a topliner and 530 horses blah blah its whats in your paypacket

They have one at the place I work and I’ve used it a few times. I found the cab very “bouncy” and the exhaust brake very aggressive.

I much prefer a Volvo.

as thereal-john says its just a wagon,i would not like a new wagon anyway ,i would be worried about damaging it,you would probably have the bossman looking over it behind your back to look for damage

I asked Mercedes to take one for a spin, guess what they said…

Id always like a new truck but wouldn’t ask for it or try and creep for it. If I get one its always for merit or everyone has got one.

It surprises me that drivers bang and scrape them, don’t clean them and always trying for an early finish, but then stab you in the back when you get a new truck and they don’t.

Nothing. .I already have one.

Like someone said they will have had names for them since they were ordered! In my experience the best way to get a new lorry is keep your head down, do the work your given well, and look after the lorry you’ve got. So if the week before they go on road people are trying to impress I imagine its too late for them

we`ve got some new ones coming at the end of the year.
the amount of rim licking atm is embarrassing.

jessicas dad:
Id always like a new truck but wouldn’t ask for it or try and creep for it. If I get one its always for merit or everyone has got one.

This

It is strange how some drivers get about new trucks, especially when they work for fleets that change trucks regularly so nothing is more than 2 or 3 years old.

Although I have to admit asking the bosses father about new trucks at a place I worked at many years ago. :blush:
In my defence they had started buying new trucks to replace the ageing, cramped and under powered fleet of Renault G290’s the one I had was 8 years old and I was away all week in it.
I don’t know if I was already earmarked for it, but a few weeks later I did get the keys to a brand new Reanult Major with a massive 340bhp. :laughing:

The chance to drive a new Merc? I’d probably offer the boss some of my wages, 20% pay cut at least. I’d go down to 200pw if he put some rad looking lights on it and gave me a name plate.

commonrail:
we`ve got some new ones coming at the end of the year.
the amount of rim licking atm is embarrassing.

What good is licking the wheels gonna do? :wink:

Just got one, nice truck to drive , plenty of room etc etc, but given the choice of that, or keep my old one with a decent pay raise there would be no contest, I stopped getting excited about trucks yearrrs ago.

The Pariah:
The chance to drive a new Merc? I’d probably offer the boss some of my wages, 20% pay cut at least. I’d go down to 200pw if he put some rad looking lights on it and gave me a name plate.

I assume you are joking mate, but I’d bet a months wages that some on here either would, or even have done, just that. :unamused: but worse still try and justify it :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

daftvader:
Nothing. .I already have one.

Me to nice truck but nothing special fare bit of room but designers must try harder[WINKING FACE].

new truck = digicard= no fun. :smiling_imp: …driver paranoia about that 1st scratch,all the running in bollox,your watched like a hawk for fuel economy,plus your at the mercy of all your “workmates” who didnt get picked to be flavour of the month. old,decent,clean,and hooked up has to be the drivers best friend.( apologies in advance to the jobsworth brigade)…each to their own. and with mercs everythings made to suit the german driver not the uk(just to remind us they didnt take kindly to coming in 2nd) :laughing:

dieseldog999:
new truck = digicard= no fun. :smiling_imp: …driver paranoia about that 1st scratch,all the running in bollox,your watched like a hawk for fuel economy,plus your at the mercy of all your “workmates” who didnt get picked to be flavour of the month. old,decent,clean,and hooked up has to be the drivers best friend.( apologies in advance to the jobsworth brigade)…each to their own. and with mercs everythings made to suit the german driver not the uk(just to remind us they didnt take kindly to coming in 2nd) :laughing:

Haha class