What Magazine?

dieseldave:

Denis F:
one ?

I read CM, T & D and Trucking !!!

and Private Eye :wink:

:smiley: Did you forget to mention the Daily Llama :question: :wink:

with the latest news update of Thursday, 23 March 2006, it is an ex llama, bereft of life it rests in peace, :wink:

Those monthly mags are neraly a fiver over here so unless theres something really good iin them i just flick thru in easons then put it back. CM is a bit cheaper but it’s half ads which is a killer.

I avoid reading any of them, except possibly the news pages of CM.

I find T&D teeth-clenchingly patronising in it’s tone and predictable in it’s content - although Dave Young’s stuff is generally worth reading and Shobba can raise a smile - and CM veers between spectacular generalisation (in some of it’s features about Employment Issues, for example - they would fit just as well into Warehouse Monthly or Retail Today) and page-filling minutae (as in some of the interviews with business owners etc.). Trucking is just plain boring and Truckstop News is…well…Truckstop News.

I guess I’m just picky… :blush:

fiesta! :laughing:

trucking and truck and driver

use to get truckstop news by post until they moved now they won’t even acknowledge their emails

scaniaman2006:
use to get truckstop news by post until they moved now they won’t even acknowledge their emails

I would have thought that was a plus point. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Just buy the Daily Sport, it has about the same amount of relevant, accurate trucking news in it as Truckstop News, and the classifieds aren’t much difference. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I used to be first in the queue for T+D, and Trucking International, now I only buy them if I am really bored T+D is ok if you want news on transport in Africa and other far flung destinations.

Truking International is in a way trying to take off Truck magazine with the technical stuff.

It has been known that T+D have almost the exact same features as Trucking International but a month later.

Truckstar is a must read when i am in Holland.

CM, usually a secondhand copy :wink:

Coffeeholic:

scaniaman2006:

I would have thought that was a plus point. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Just buy the Daily Sport, it has about the same amount of relevant, accurate trucking news in it as Truckstop News, and the classifieds aren’t much difference. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought that where they have put the display in Ashford is very apt. You can just about reach a copy through the toilet door if you are taken short :wink:

the speed in which truckstops are closing wont be long before ‘truckstop news’ is renamed ‘layby latest’…

I find all the mags are decidedly going in the direction of leaving drivers behind and concentrating purely on the management side of the industry.

If the mags are supposedly for drivers then why, when they actually get around to featuring a truck, do we get 15+ photos of how good it looks in a livery, and one miniscule photo of the cab and dash, where the drivers would be spending 9/10 hours of their day

Surely we should be seeing loads of photos of how easy it is to reach the tacho from the drivers seat? or new storage solutions? or where the washer bottle filler is?

Instead we get figures on things that only the management care about, and are as much use to us drivers as a instant tip at some site you went to yesterday.

There really isn’t a “for drivers” mag in the UK at the moment, which is sad. Given the fact that 4 individual publications are made regularly, so there is obviously the market for them!

Alex

CM & MT because I somehow managed to wrangle a free subscription when I was working in the traffic office.

T&D because a 1 year free subscription came as part of the ‘goody bag’ for getting to the finals of Scania YETD 2007.

:wink:

Denis F:
with the latest news update of Thursday, 23 March 2006, it is an ex llama, bereft of life it rests in peace, :wink:

Yes Denis, sad but true.
:laughing: Mind you, I still have my policy from the Crimson Assurance Company to help me through life’s little upsets :wink: