what is Swing?

stu675:

nedflanders:
An american term thats used in the film industry when vehicles get moved from one location to another

Thank you! I can turn up now and pretend I know what I’m doing [emoji2]

They will be a lot of drivers there that wont have a clue what they are doing , its an easy number , the hardest part been travelling to and from the vehicle you are moving and the waiting around to actually move the vehicle , sometimes you might only move the vehicle a mile or less especially if doing it in city centres

nedflanders:

stu675:

nedflanders:
An american term thats used in the film industry when vehicles get moved from one location to another

Thank you! I can turn up now and pretend I know what I’m doing [emoji2]

They will be a lot of drivers there that wont have a clue what they are doing , its an easy number , the hardest part been travelling to and from the vehicle you are moving and the waiting around to actually move the vehicle , sometimes you might only move the vehicle a mile or less especially if doing it in city centres

It was that! [emoji23][emoji106]

msgyorkie:
A childs playground apparatus?

I’d like at this point to share a story about myself of 45 years ago living in a northern town - it may raise a smile.

On my way home from the pub after late departures and being quite bladdered I used to walk home through the local park which was supposed to be closed at night.

One evening I decided that as there was nobody about I would revert to being about seven and try out all the rides one by one giggling and giving a commentary to myself - I did the lot, roundabout, swings, that bell thing on a central pivot, seesaws the whole shebang.

It was only when I had finished I noticed this courting couple sitting on a bench in the half light.

I had to walk past them - they never said a word and neither did I as I went on my way glowing with embarrassment.

But I could just make out the looks on there faces - I did wonder for a while afterwards whether I had been to school with them. :blush: :blush:

Why is this in Bully’s?
I posted it in the Professional Drivers forum?
Mods can you please transfer it back?

Probably my fault for posting an off-topic response - apologies if that’s the case.

Socketset:
Probably my fault for posting an off-topic response - apologies if that’s the case.

No need! You weren’t the only one, anyway it’s better to learn with a bit of humour involved or we would all give up.