What happens if Keyfuels card declined after filling?

corij:
iv been in a station where the person couldnt pay i cant remember exactly how its handled but of course it must happen say youve left your card at home or whatever .I recall you drive away on a promise to pay a special form i saw getting filled in.

He’s already said he doesn’t want to sign his own name to that form

Ask for a non payment form and put the company details on it not your own details. Pass it to the company and it’s up to them to sort it out. Garages don’t like doing it but you should not have to pay out of your own pocket and then try and claim the money back. They may moan about it but there is nothing much they can do about it, you have presented the card for payment and it’s not your fault it hasn’t gone through for whatever reason.

Not paying for fuel is a crime as it is called “bilking” but if you have attempted to make payment then it is not theft, garages will try it on saying it’s a crime if you can’t make the payment.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Again just because a card is declined does not mean the company is in trouble. It happened a lot when I was at DHL, we used to ring the office and they would give a spare care number over the phone if the garage would manually input it to make payment as well.

Tailschwing:
Anyway, what happens if next time I say company will have to pay and refuse to use my card?

You absolutely under no circumstances should be paying out of your own pocket. If the card is declined you go park up until your employer sorts something out or if they won’t you just keep on rolling til it runs out of fuel and they have to do a callout.

If you’ve put the fuel in and the card is declined then as mentioned, non payment form and company details, not yours. For the name of the driver put down the transport manager or the manager.

I had same thing happen at bb Trafford park.
Filled up card was declined.
Company worked for at time was based in Trafford park.
Rang office and was told to drive off give them your name and details just drive off we use that station almost daily they should know you .we will sort it out later
Was told by bp store manager.
If I drive off it will be treated as theft police will be called in. And will go against me not the company as I was the driver.
In the end I just blocked the pump up for half an hour untill someone turned up with a valid card to pay the bill

edd1974:
I had same thing happen at bb Trafford park.
Filled up card was declined.
Company worked for at time was based in Trafford park.
Rang office and was told to drive off give them your name and details just drive off we use that station almost daily they should know you .we will sort it out later
Was told by bp store manager.
If I drive off it will be treated as theft police will be called in. And will go against me not the company as I was the driver.
In the end I just blocked the pump up for half an hour untill someone turned up with a valid card to pay the bill

Complete rubbish. It is only theft if you make off without paying for it. If you have provided a payment card and the card has been declined it is not theft. And a no means payment form can be filled in, with the company details not your own, it is not your vehicle and you are not responsible for the card or paying for the fuel.

The police would not be interested after you have told them you have offered a payment card and the card was declined, they would tell the garage to give you a no means of payment form In such a case. Don’t be fooled by scare tactics.

OK cheers guys.

I’ve been assured the limit has been raised again, but I’m going to try and ensure I fill at the services rather than the local family garage I sometimes use. If it doesn’t work I’m going to just say company need to pay.

Conor:

Tailschwing:
Anyway, what happens if next time I say company will have to pay and refuse to use my card?

You absolutely under no circumstances should be paying out of your own pocket. If the card is declined you go park up until your employer sorts something out or if they won’t you just keep on rolling til it runs out of fuel and they have to do a callout.

If you’ve put the fuel in and the card is declined then as mentioned, non payment form and company details, not yours. For the name of the driver put down the transport manager or the manager.

This , every time. I was bitten once many years ago when derv was 40 odd p a litre, still waiting for my money as Mr Bushnell is now long gone he just laughed and plain refused to reimburse me , I was young and naive , never again.

Conor:
. If the card is declined you go park up until your employer sorts something out or if they won’t you just keep on rolling til it runs out of fuel and they have to do a callout.

Hmmm …I think I would only do that if I cared nothing about the job, as I reckon it would be sackable.
It’s maybe a good job that suits his circumstances down to the ground… but for a ■■■■ poor firm,.so he puts up with a lot. :unamused:.

If that was case, I’d deal with it by telling them I’m leaving truck there (he does only locals as far as I can gather:) planting the keys, and getting a lift home, rather than run out tbh.

But I reckon it would be enough to urge them to get their arses into gear anyway if they saw he really ‘wasn’t playing’.

Never ever pay for fuel. Ring the office and they can sort it over the phone. One day you will fill up and get to the yard to find the gates locked up. I have a friend who is still bitter with Canute he filled up on the day they went bust.The fuel card had been declined and he used his own by the time he finished paying he was told head back to the nearest depot and hand in your truck.

WheelsofCardiff:
Never ever pay for fuel. Ring the office and they can sort it over the phone. One day you will fill up and get to the yard to find the gates locked up. I have a friend who is still bitter with Canute he filled up on the day they went bust.The fuel card had been declined and he used his own by the time he finished paying he was told head back to the nearest depot and hand in your truck.

But first… Drop trailer, and head round to your, (or your mate’s) yard/farm/or a lay by (that is hidden from the road, ) and syphon the diesel that you paid for,.and more for the value of your last week’s wages they owe you for. :bulb:
Always be one step ahead on these things, it makes for less grief in life. :bulb:

No way on gods Green earth would I pay for it unless I get the money first.

Their fuel card, their problem.

Ken.

I filled the lorry up a few times , wick , Cornwall , got it back next pay day so didn’t loose any sleep over it , stick it on credit card if you’re that bothered , don’t you get a month to pay it back before you pay interest

I just cannot believe there are drivers stupid enough to fill the trucks tank to the tune of £400+ and then pay gor it with their own money.
What the hell is going on■■?

msgyorkie:
I just cannot believe there are drivers stupid enough to fill the trucks tank to the tune of £400+ and then pay gor it with their own money.

How long have you been in the job exactly mate?
Drivers are stupid enough to do any ■■■■■■■ thing …trust me.

I’m at the stage now that NOTHING that some drivers do, either what they are told or off their own bat… surprises me any longer. :unamused:

robroy:

msgyorkie:

How long have you been in the job exactly mate?
Drivers are stupid enough to do any ■■■■■■■ thing …trust me.

I’m at the stage now that NOTHING that some drivers do, either what they are told or off their own bat… surprises me any longer. :unamused:

Yeah but it’s job and knock remember. Can’t possibly have a hold up. Much better to spaff 400 of your own squids than waste half hour getting the office to sort it…

msgyorkie:

With my old boss it was very rare and the money would be back in my account within a couple of hours. Sitting for two hours before starting my shift could easily add 3-4 hours in total to my day as I’d hit the morning rush hour and then end up stuck on the M6 in the afternoon rush on way back. Not great when on a day rate.

It was better to just pay with the knowledge I’d be home three hours earlier with the money in my account by then.

But new boss is a dismissive ■■■■ so I’m not prepared to do it anymore.

robroy:

Conor:
. If the card is declined you go park up until your employer sorts something out or if they won’t you just keep on rolling til it runs out of fuel and they have to do a callout.

Hmmm …I think I would only do that if I cared nothing about the job, as I reckon it would be sackable.
It’s maybe a good job that suits his circumstances down to the ground… but for a ■■■■ poor firm,.so he puts up with a lot. :unamused:.

If that was case, I’d deal with it by telling them I’m leaving truck there (he does only locals as far as I can gather:) planting the keys, and getting a lift home, rather than run out tbh.

But I reckon it would be enough to urge them to get their arses into gear anyway if they saw he really ‘wasn’t playing’.

You’ve hit the nail on the head there.

I only see my employers every few weeks as I contract at a plant. All the lads are sound. The driver loading before me even puts my truck under so I get an extra half hour in bed. What more could a bloke ask for lol.

It’s just this bad management of the fuel cards.

Tailschwing:
It’s just this bad management of the fuel cards.

There’s only one reason why a fuel card would be declined and that’s because the company hasn’t paid the bill. That is a huge red flag to me. I’ve worked for a few firms which have gone bust and having the fuel card declined on an increasingly regular basis is normally an early warning sign.

If the card is declined, just phone the firm and tell them, then the boss can pay it over the phone with his own credit card. If he has to be woken up at four o’ clock in the morning to do that, well you’re awake so why shouldn’t he be?