What do you reckon i should do?

After reading your replies I am going in in the morning with a new attitude!
What doesn’t get delivered stays on the truck and sod 'em!
Penfold is right - it isn’t worth risking your health for. I’ve had a terrible sleepless weekend worrying about a problem that isn’t mine.
There are blokes in the office who get paid for solving problems so let them earn their money!
40mph and stick to the law - you can’t get the sack for that surely!
Thanks for all your replies - I’ll keep you posted on how it pans out.
Cheers
Dave

johnny:
do like i have always done when proferred the saying ‘well so and so can do it’.

to which the reply is ‘well you had better give it to him then’.

well done johhny thats my reply as well… if your going to carry on doing it , they are going to carry on giving it…

I started with a Swiss outfit on the Swiss /UK run. First trip one pick-up in Swiss/ one drop UK. It was a big machine. At the delivery point was an old machine back to Swiss. Lovely!! After six months it got to ten drops & pick-ups both sides. The idiot that was running it just wanted to see how many drops he could get me doing. I left & a month later he had to leave.

davidj247:
The most frustrating part of it is that I’m not asking them to give me less drops or any special treatment. If the truck is loaded on nights you can do the job easily. One of the things he mentioned was for me to come in earlier - why should I when he’s got night shift loaders doing nothing between 6 and 7?
That 2 hours loading in the morning added to the time it takes to drive back to the depot, reload and get back down to Wolverhampton is mostly wasted time.
Only 10 more shifts to xmas then i’ll have a look around in the new year and see what’s about.

If you’re serious about lokking for something else I’d do it now not after Christmas cos it all goes a bit quiet until April,at least.

after 2 hours loading i hope your having a brew before you set off

its the law u know

Went in this morn as usual 7am - put tacho in and then started to load. Finished loading at 8.25 and then went to see TM and asked him again why the other truck was loaded and mine wasn’t when I have to come back in and reload. Also mentioned that the majority of my run was on A roads and questioned the legality of the previous driver on this run.

I nearly fell through the floor when he said he could see that I had a problem and that the first part of my run would be loaded on nights!!
He even took a drop off me today!!

Had a steady day, a full break, and got all my drops done without any stress.
It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow!
I wish I knew what had happened over the w/end to make him see my point of view - Maybe he reads these posts…
Spooky