What do you have for lunch?

Cheese, ham and Branston sandwich. A boiled egg, carrot sticks, an apple and an orange. Well under 2 quid for the lot. I sometimes vary the sandwich content with (home made) Coronation chicken, beef (or ham or chicken) salad etc.

Dairy lea triangles tomorrow.
I’ll open a tin of spam,on Tuesday…which will last me the rest of the week.

14.30 euros including wine. Do your own translation.

Brie , tomato , cucumber , beetroot and 2 slices of bread with jam

Cottage pie broccoli and cabbage in Castleford truckstop.
Slept it off in nhs supplies…over the road.

Lamb burgers pigs in blankets 50/50 sweet potato/yam mash carrot and broccoli for tea…followed by a gallon of best.

Living the dream

does no one have a pork pie and a yorkie chocolate bar anymore?

I used to have sandwiches but since new year I have dropped bread from my diet. I now get these meals from Asda called ‘Gym Kitchen’ which are about £3 each or 2 for £5.

4 minutes in the microwave and everyone so far has been great. Had Harissa Chicken today, something new but absolutely spot on. They honestly don’t taste like the usual stuff you stick in a microwave.

thegymkitchen.com/range/

I thought about batch cooking my own stuff but by the time you’ve bought everything and prepped it, the saving just isn’t worth it. I work 4 on 4 off so for me, it’s £10 a week for my lunch. Chuck in a 4 pack of Pink Lady Apples and some popcorn bags and that’s me sorted for about £13 a week. Less than an hour’s pay.

I’ve been on a health and fitness kick since the start of lockdown 1, having spent a load of money equipping a home gym, so far I’m a couple of stone lighter.
I’m batch cooking/meal prepping stuff, lasagna, shepherds pie, stews etc, both for home and work. It allows me to be more efficient with less waste especially when cooking meals for one. Some new 1ltr klick top lid Pirex glass dishes I got mean that I can take food from freezer or fridge direct to the oven or microwave. Lunch tomorrow is a piri piri chicken salad with turmeric rice, mixed vegetables and hummus, followed by homemade strawberry cheesecake.
If it’s sandwiches it’s usually ham/chicken salad on wholemeal bread with fruit yogurt and a couple of pieces of fruit for snacking.

peirre:
I’ve been on a health and fitness kick since the start of lockdown 1, having spent a load of money equipping a home gym, so far I’m a couple of stone lighter.
I’m batch cooking/meal prepping stuff, lasagna, shepherds pie, stews etc, both for home and work. It allows me to be more efficient with less waste especially when cooking meals for one. Some new 1ltr klick top lid Pirex glass dishes I got mean that I can take food from freezer or fridge direct to the oven or microwave. Lunch tomorrow is a piri piri chicken salad with turmeric rice, mixed vegetables and hummus, followed by homemade strawberry cheesecake.
If it’s sandwiches it’s usually ham/chicken salad on wholemeal bread with fruit yogurt and a couple of pieces of fruit for snacking.

Be careful of those fruit yogurts as they’re full of sugar :imp:

blue estate:

Tbh I’m more interested in how much protein is in them as most of the sugar is from the fruit pulp. I’d be more concerned about the contents (salt etc) of so called “healthy” ready meals

Whatever is warm at Greggs.

peirre:

blue estate:

Tbh I’m more interested in how much protein is in them as most of the sugar is from the fruit pulp. I’d be more concerned about the contents (salt etc) of so called “healthy” ready meals

A better option might be plain yoghurt with a handful of pieces of fresh or dried fruit or berries lobbed in. Free sugars (and that is largely what you get in fruit juice and purees) are ingested much more quickly, with excess being converted and stored as fat.

The reason the sugar content of whole fruit is regarded as being OK is that these sugars are contained in the structure of the fruit and so are released more slowly.

Not suggesting for a moment that shop bought fruit yoghurt is bad for you, but if you are on a healthy eating kick it is something to consider.

BTW - Well done for the weight loss! [emoji106]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I’m eating natural and Greek yogurt’s regularly at home and have a stash of dried and frozen fruit and berries

eagerbeaver:

Do they sell furburgers? Coz the one I had on Saturday night was rancid

eagerbeaver:

I’ll leave Robroy to stick the knife in here. :wink: