What do you charge?

agreed rob…

i have a transport firm ringing me from london all the time with work ex widnes were im from… offering me nottinghams that i say id do for £320 a 206 mile round trip… =1.55a mile
which is fair… and the answer i get is 'hmmmm expencive that isint it…'soi say the same if he loads at 8am he’ll roughly get back to widnes late afternoon or reload from the midlands for a guess 150 to tip the nxt day… i said if you can run a 44 ton truck for less than 320 a day you better go and get a fleet!!!

robdorling:
A couple of problems with that Quinny

a . mileage between operators yard and HD2

b .mileage between MK12 and operators yard

340 is good for a 140 mile round trip but in this case assuming the operators yard is 15 miles from HD2 thats a round trip of 295 miles @ £340 works out at £1.15 per mile !!!

If you loaded at say 08.00 spent 1.5 hrs loading the drove for approx 3.5 hrs to destination then spent 1.5 hrs tipping making it now 14.30 , you then get offered a worthless back load for £190 (probably a little generous) which wont tip until the next day and if your lucky you may get loaded that day , Subsequently it has taken 1.5 days to earn 3/4 of a days money . To summarise that job should have been worth at least £575 and if you find a reload then its a bonus but most likely run home for a decent paying job the next day .