What car do you drive?

Because im still a yooth here’s my yooth car :laughing:
1.4tsi, 184bhp

Anyone driving a Audi Q3 2.0 tdi , iam looking at buying one wondered if they have any common faults ?

Punchy Dan:
Anyone driving a Audi Q3 2.0 tdi , iam looking at buying one wondered if they have any common faults ?

Indicator problems & have a tendency to cut HGV’s up on approach to roundabouts, when driven by Arrogant Salesmen.

Punchy Dan:

Bit new for you Dan isn’t it?

For some reason I imagine you running around in an old jag; or am I getting you confused with CF?!?

My wife has a petrol q3 seems fairly good the stop start seems to not work most of the time. Most of her driving is round town which may be why.

F-reds:

Punchy Dan:

For some reason I imagine you running around in an old jag; or am I getting you confused with CF?!?

It’s for the indoor dept , been looking at 1 to 2 yr old q3 auto s lines , I can’t see what’s wrong with the current A4 Quattro 3L v6 it’s 56 reg and only done 87’000 by my thinking its good enough for 5 plus yrs yet !

martinviking:

Punchy Dan:

Indicator problems & have a tendency to cut HGV’s up on approach to roundabouts, when driven by Arrogant Salesmen.

It’s a woman thing ,I’ve noticed we go from 50 to a dead stop ,also the indicators the woman will hold her finger under the stalk but not indicate until turning .

F-reds:

Punchy Dan:

Carryfast drives a Morris ital

Krash - has you’re car been modified from new? Not being funny but if it hasn’t, not sure why you dyno’d a two (ish) year old car with manufacturers spec? Your money - your decision obviously, just not sure why you’d do that?

Re Audi’s - they CANNOT be overtaken by an inferior (in their eyes) car. The driver will always then overtake you for doing that :laughing: Even if it’s an old 80, they must be at the front lol.

Interesting point about the Toyota Prius - where are all the old cheap ones? They seem very expensive even for an eight year old model, but I can’t seem to find any older cheap ones on Autotrader etc. I saw a 16 year old model for £990, still seems too much. Do the batteries last ok?

europleb:
Heres my baby revo stage 4+ around 420/430bhp de catted lowered brembo brakes short shift kit uprated springs and shocks poly bushed,section 59 exhaust not sure how fast as i never go over 70 :wink:…the merc is my every day driver its an E320 cdi sport 7 speed tiptronic

Focus is stunning ,

bazza123:
Krash - has you’re car been modified from new? Not being funny but if it hasn’t, not sure why you dyno’d a two (ish) year old car with manufacturers spec? Your money - your decision obviously, just not sure why you’d do that?

Can see where your coming from but no its had a few things done (exhaust,intake etc) and its more of a pre-map health check as they’re prone destroying themselves

Vehicle number 3 has arrived

Along side the Reasonably priced VR7 - and money pit Series IIA this is now on the drive

wash2.jpg

Drives lovely and the body work and underneath is solid.
New cam belts, tensioners and Water pump ordered to be safe rather than sorry.
two brake lines have a slight corrosion advisory on the MOT
Only 65000 mile on the clock and a full 12 months MOT for a £1300 -

Everything works even the outdated Satnav and the in dash TV - shame the TV is only analogue :wink: .
Only minor issue is the dash IPK display is slightly delined but there is a chap in Essex that can fix that for not many pennies

Biggest issue is the fuel consumption - the temptation to hear that V6 work is just too much, She is not that quick off the line but once she winds up over 3000 revs she is a definite licence loser

Been driving this for eight years. An absolutely fantastic motor. £600 if you want it!
2 litre saloon this in Colorado Red with MOT until January 2018.

I bought this for £600 in December 2015, 2004 Saab 9-5 Aero.
It was MOT’d and had 127,000miles on the clock, but had been standing for a few months and was a bit grubby, took a bit of time to clean it inside and out.
But underneath the dirt and grime was a cracking car.
Now just shy of 150,000miles only thing it’s had other than regular servicing, is an alternator.

Bloody hell cars are cheap over there :smiley:

I drive this heap most of the time now, it’s a 2005 Volvo V50 2-litre diesel, a Ford Focus basically. It has 310 thousand kms on the meter and it’s been rolled back at least a hundred thousand more. Paid €3400 for it last year, use it mostly for my thousand-mile commute between Estonia and North Norway

Mondeo 1.8 Petrol, wheels aside it’s bog standard. I don’t think it has ANY redeeming features, it averages 30mpg, is glacially slow unless you rev the balls off it (mazda MX5 engine appparently) handles like a boat.

For MOT it needed 3 springs, the brakes re-piped, a strut mount and one of the wheel bearing has started growling. All at less than 130k miles. And the heated windscreen has just cracked across the bottom.

I had a MK2 version that never gave any problem apart from a coil pack, the MK3 is supposedly very similar to the X-Type Jag under the skin and it shows. It’s a bloody awful car.

Put it this way, it lay out the back for 6 months whilst I drove a 1.9 Fiat Scudo. That’s how crap it is.

xichrisxi:
Here’s our dirty diesel fleet…
Vauxhall Mokka 1.7cdti
Astra 2.0 cdti SRI

Sold the Vauxhall and went to Mercedes,Wife had a Brand new A class then a few months later I traded in the Mokka for the B Class Sport,fantastic cars to drive!!

IMG_1403.JPG

just purchased tfsi 2.0 top spec S3 auto Quattro 64 reg

F-reds:

Picked this up Tuesday, its the first car I’ve had that could be called quick, what a difference it makes :laughing: Its just so urgent and willing, its awesome for such a dinky little thing!

We have one of those, it goes like a stabbed rat and handles like a gokart…

Punchy Dan:
0just purchased tfsi 2.0 top spec S3 auto Quattro 64 reg

Factory finished Hi Viz orange :smiley: