What can my Transport Manager tell me what to do?

billythewhizz:

eagerbeaver:
He can tell you whatever he wants.

What you choose to do is your decision.

Wise words eagerbeaver but does that really work in reality?

It works for me because as soon as a TM starts taking the ■■■■, I go and get another job :grimacing:

billythewhizz:
Can he tell me how to load my truck up with roll cages? I like to put 2 on their side and then on on the end across the back of the truck while he seems to like them all on their end, none on their sides?

Am I understanding this correctly, when you say “I like to put 2 on their side” do you mean you lay the roll cages on their side rather than have them standing upright ?

tachograph:

billythewhizz:
Can he tell me how to load my truck up with roll cages? I like to put 2 on their side and then on on the end across the back of the truck while he seems to like them all on their end, none on their sides?

Am I understanding this correctly, when you say “I like to put 2 on their side” do you mean you lay the roll cages on their side rather than have them standing upright ?

Think he means 2 cages with the door facing the side of the wagon, and the 3rd one ‘straight’ as in the door facing the rear of the truck Tacho.

That’s how I used to do it at P&H.

eagerbeaver:

tachograph:

billythewhizz:

Think he means 2 cages with the door facing the side of the wagon, and the 3rd one ‘straight’ as in the door facing the rear of the truck Tacho.

Gotya, I thought I must be misunderstanding what he meant :smiley:

I go into different places all the time and the majority of the time it’s here’s the keys, here’s where you’re going. Bye.
In my experience people like him are pretty rare. If you want to keep working there do as he wants and try to have as little to do with him as possible. And don’t worry about it.

There is an interesting photograph on page 21 although there is not much on actual loading of cages.

hse.gov.uk/research/rrpdf/rr862.pdf

tachograph:

eagerbeaver:

tachograph:

billythewhizz:

Gotya, I thought I must be misunderstanding what he meant :smiley:

Apologies for the confusion.

eagerbeaver:

billythewhizz:

eagerbeaver:
He can tell you whatever he wants.

What you choose to do is your decision.

Wise words eagerbeaver but does that really work in reality?

It works for me because as soon as a TM starts taking the ■■■■, I go and get another job :grimacing:

That sounds just like me from now on. I tried to sort the situation out but he made it worse and now I am looking for a new job as I have finished today for good.