What a week to be suspended from work

I react in a similar way when shouted at, who the ■■■■ are you shouting at is my normal response. I’m usually full of smiles and politeness when I deal with people, but occasionally that’s a waste of time, then it’s a different game entirely.

If I’m dealt with in a condescending manner, I tend to act stupid and ask lots of questions, smiling all the while, hopefully letting them know that I’m taking the ■■■■. It amuses me to frustrate these angry little men.

I know it’s self inflicted, but I’ve had loads of problems checking in whilst wearing trainers instead of safety boots, I have size 12 feet and my boots resemble the ones worn by Ronald McDonald, which makes driving difficult as I can push all three pedals with one foot. Because of this my boots live in the side locker and I wear trainers, Adidas Gazelles to be precise, this usually sets off the security dudes and I explain that I have boots and will put them on when outside the lorry etc, as I’m only going to be walking from my cab to the office and hand in my notes, I feel that safety boots are a waste of time, but rules are rules, so I’ll put them on when I’m not in the cab, but that’s not good enough for some of them and they get all sergeant major on me, I don’t really have any argument, so I slip on my boots.

One time at Bookers in Hatfield the greasy slob on the gate went a little too far when he glimpsed my trainers, so I got a bit awkward pretending I didn’t speak English, eventually I put on my boots and was allowed on site, when leaving and having to go through the proving I hadn’t stolen anything procedure, including a glance in my cab, I took off my boots and socks, rolled up my jeans and walked bare foot to the bank of the trailer to meet up with my new best mate, it was at this point that I revealed that I spoke English, although I only used four letter words. Childish I know, but it amused me.

Sent from my SM-T805W using Tapatalk

I thought a site couldn’t hold you against your will? They can refuse you entry but not the power to detain you. A few years back a site I was working at refused to let one of the muckshift drivers out because he hadn’t sheeted his load (no sheet it was an old truck).
They refused to open the gate so he called the old bill who actually turned up. Police told the gate man he couldn’t detain the driver, and said it wasn’t law to sheet if the load was secure.

newmercman:
If I’m dealt with in a condescending manner, I tend to act stupid and ask lots of questions, smiling all the while, hopefully letting them know that I’m taking the ■■■■. It amuses me to frustrate these angry little men.

Agreed, but the questions have to be of a sort that massage his ego and feed his perceived authority. It always amuses me that he is the only one who cannot see that I’m ripping the ■■■■ out of him.

My other toy is to hear to them rant on and on without actually listening to them until they blow themselves out. Then just ask if they’ve finished and walk away completely ignoring them.

They would have great fun with me on them test if I ever had to do one with all my medication I would ask for the police to turn up so I could take there’s

You want me to do what ■■ - in a cup ■■
Are you joking ■■
Ok can you hold the cup ■■
Sorry I need both hands - no but I do .
Wanna see ■■ :grimacing: :grimacing: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

alix776:
Just because you signed something on entry they no legal right to hold or enforce breathe or drug tests in visiting drivers at an rdc they want that they can call the police to do it.

They cant hold u on there site you are free to walk away if they want a test and you dont want to do it. If the law are called that would be different.

I know you are all keen to find out what happened…

Well I’m still on suspension over two weeks on!

Honked:

Ok. Then basically, so far their petty pathetic poicies have cost them around a grand and a half (and counting).over a non event schoolboy style triviality…money well spent eh? :unamused:
How come the guy who has instigated this is still in a job? :open_mouth:
Don’t you just love this type of ‘‘modern management’’ firm eh. :unamused: :laughing:

Never mind mate, look at it this way,… it’s a complete result for you. :sunglasses: :bulb:

When they do ask you back, tell them you want to book a week off on hol, as you are going to Spain to spend your last 3 week’s ‘‘earnings’’ just to ■■■■ them off. :smiley:

Btw…any jobs going there, I could have a right laugh there winding up the ■■■■■■ in charge by the sound of it. :laughing:

Have fun - I managed to get suspended on full pay for 11 months (a non driving job) . When the boredom set in I joined an agency and got a bit of limping round . Worked out I was being paid 18 hours a day . Going back to work after all charges had been dropped and an apology issued was hard . :smiling_imp: :smiley: :smiley:

Honked:

Get on the Agency, double time.

If anyone speaks to me in anything less than a polite manner they usually get told “Talk to me properly or not at all”

Getting silly really. Took them 2 days to invite me for a disciplinary, I admit that I swore, then over a week to decide what to do next!
3rd week on pay, 3rd week with agency cover got to be cost effective

Honked:
Getting silly really. Took them 2 days to invite me for a disciplinary, I admit that I swore, then over a week to decide what to do next!
3rd week on pay, 3rd week with agency cover got to be cost effective

What member of royalty did you swear at? Three weeks off suspended for swearing…

I’m in the wrong job.

Well folks the decision is in…

Drum roll…

And the result is…

Sacked !

I know, who would have thought that a waste company in the back streets of Stockport would be so sensitive eh.

Employment Tribunal time,unfair dismissal…get a no win no fee solicitor on it.
Can’t sack you for swearing if you’ve heard people swearing in the offices before (you have btw)and they’ve not been sacked.

There’s always an ulterior motive to a spurious sacking like this Honked. You dont appear to be too put out by it so as the post above says why not take 'em to court? They’ve shown contempt to you for sacking you for an “offence” that probably occurs within their earshot a thousand times a day, so my thoughts would be to demonstrate my contempt of them by hurting them the only way that hurts them… in the wallet. Good luck.

xichrisxi:
Employment Tribunal time,unfair dismissal…get a no win no fee solicitor on it.
Can’t sack you for swearing if you’ve heard people swearing in the offices before (you have btw)and they’ve not been sacked.

Need to appeal first. Have to exhaust internal process before that. Make sure you put in your appeal grounds that you feel that they are punishing you excessively due to the errors that have dragged out your suspension and they have done this to justify the costs incurred. Thats as well as reason above and anything else you can think of.

Then call ACAS as they do informal conciliation that may save the expense of tribunal.

Call ACAS and get there opinion on the options available to you.

Hit the ■■■■■■■■ where it hurts, in the pocket!!!

the maoster:
There’s always an ulterior motive to a spurious sacking like this Honked. You dont appear to be too put out by it so as the post above says why not take 'em to court? They’ve shown contempt to you for sacking you for an “offence” that probably occurs within their earshot a thousand times a day, so my thoughts would be to demonstrate my contempt of them by hurting them the only way that hurts them… in the wallet. Good luck.

+1

Agreed, these companies dislike such publicity too, suspect an £offer to go away will be made before it gets too official.

Juddian:
Agreed, these companies dislike such publicity too, suspect an £offer to go away will be made before it gets too official.

And if they do refuse it, and take the effers to the cleaners. :bulb: …then you want your record cleaned, and an apology into the bargain.