Welsh lowloaders

Graham gah1950 entering Dolyhir quarry Radnorshire with a Locotrac crusher onboard.

Both Scania have enogh power and is built to pull heawy loads.

Great see!

Lars-Gunnar :slight_smile:

hello lars.
there has over the years been a strong presence of volvo trucks in south wales particularly for heavy haul applications but scania trucks dominate the market it seems, we had an fh16 6x4 many years ago and i am sorry to say that i did not rate it as a very good heavy hauler,it was pretty troublesome with engine failure ,gearbox trouble and differential weakness,i am not condemning volvo as every truck comes with its own problems but on the balance i prefer a scania and up until recently the scania dealership was a family run concern so if there were any serious issues they could be taken up with the owner,something that volvo lost years ago in this area.
regards graham. :wink:

Hello Graham!

Yes, I understand you much well. Sometimes a Lorry can be very reliable and god and sometimes one can get scrap. The new Volvo has 750 hp. But what is that worth? Will there be more trouble when on power train? Before Volvo had lesser power and Scania always were more powerful. (70 decade) Suddenly AB Volvos people’s stands behind a new Lorry boasting how powerful their Lorry is without thinking of how it stands against heavy load. If the owner not is satisfied with a Lorry he sure changes to another make. I wonder if development of new Lorries can be too forced. I think upon Volvo VN880 for owner operators or what this model was called. It becomes a flop and AB Volvo didn’t say anything. The lorry barely disappeared from their homepage. This is the first time ever I got to se a flop of a new Lorry. To develop a new truck isn’t free so I ponder what the staff is doing or thinking. Their Australian homepage have been shooting down on a market they should sell trucks and are doing but something feels bad. Volvo have always been careful but that was ten years ago.

Kind regards

[/quote]
That looks as if it could be a NCK Atlas as it looks to wide to be a Pennine but I could be wrong again :unamused:
cheers Johnnie :wink:

komatsu 450:

They look as if they could be “Leyland Super Hippo’s” possibly Siddle C.Cook’s in the 60s
cheers Johnnie

komatsu 450:

Is these Lorries what was called Leyland Hippos? The hood reminds of Hippo

So funny, I and sammyopisite had come to same conclusion witot be avare that when we wrote.

I think I have a photo of Leyland Hippo in Sweden with BeGe-cabin bed and trailers. That truck were larger than Scania-Vabis and Volvo Lorrys but had only 140 hp I think.

sammyopisite:

That looks as if it could be a NCK Atlas as it looks to wide to be a Pennine but I could be wrong again :unamused:
[/quote]
I think its an NCK Eiger, looks too wide to be an Andes. Anybody else? :confused:

Hi Straight eight it is about 35 years since I came off Heavy Haulage I thought it was the Atlas after the Andes which were bigger than the Pennine as I was doing the same as you judging it by the width :blush:

hello all.
the nck is a1405 and probably owned by short bros,tony or john morgan would be able to verify that.
regards graham. :wink: