Welsh Border and Mid Wales Hauliers 1950's onwards

aerial view of mandator units in scrap behind garage

Great pics, Neil. Thanks for the memories!

neil rich:
aerial view of mandator units in scrap behind garage

Hey Neil ,great nostolgic shots ! Yes i can remember those Mammoth Major 8 wheelers on stock work ,think they were ex London Brick (rtk) on the headboards ?,would be taking cattle to baxters Northampton ?
Can not remember the Mandators or where they came form , didnt Knills have a few Leyland comets ?
Middletons had a Borderer with a sleeper cab ,ex Pughs Lydbury North ,taken by Chepstowchap ,which has already appeared on Daves thread ,several pages back . More please regards Keith .

hi keith i used to go to baxters northhampton barrett and baird lydgates of knowle british beef hatherleigh whitney gloucester waltham jaspers devon and lots of others esp for a bloke called ali all over the midlands i have lots of pics but dont know what dave posted or where cant find any pics of knills octopus or mandators even off the blokes that are left that drove them i had the ex pughs atki after the j reg that used a gallon of oil a day

Great stuff, Neil - keep posting the pics!

hi keith here is a pic of knills 6 wheeler albion in the background with what looks like tow bar the pic is clarice habberleys kimos widow who is in pic with one of bills short lived dodges which you could hear miles away pic is clarices

couple of pics lent to me by pete knill of the dodges new and un registered i think it is of the two as the i is under the d on one and n is under the d on other they were new from auto palace colwyn bay but didnt last long gearboxes kept blowing up

Of to Hereford Truck show tomorrow just miss my Dave coming to. But I’m going to take the camera and take photos so will post some on here. That’s what Dave would like. I do miss him loads he will never be forgotten. Thanks Tracy.

Dave the Renegade:
Of to Hereford Truck show tomorrow just miss my Dave coming to. But I’m going to take the camera and take photos so will post some on here. That’s what Dave would like. I do miss him loads he will never be forgotten. Thanks Tracy.

Hiya,
Tracy if it’s any consolation to you we all miss Dave and I was
determined to meet up at one of the gatherings before I got
too long in the tooth and it was planned for this year but now
it can’t happen,but he’ll never be forgotten, looking forward
to the pics.
thanks harry, long retired.

Dave the Renegade:

Took photos at Hereford Truck show today will upload more in the coming days .
Thanks Tracy.

Dave the Renegade:

Dave the Renegade:

Took photos at Hereford Truck show today will upload more in the coming days .
Thanks Tracy.

Thank you Tracy, I look forward to seeing your photos, Take care pet, Regards Larry.x

Taken at Hereford truck show yesterday .