Welsh Border and Mid Wales Hauliers 1950's onwards

pete smith:

oiltreader:
Hi Trevor and Pete, all the gen on MFA297 i-bidder.com/en-gb/auction- … b900f51a54
Oily

Thank You for that Oily, usually I have a good memory but that day was the day after Saviem had passed away :frowning:

Hello Pete and Oily , that ERF we mentioned ,i got it wrong ! I meant Alf Whitehouse ,and not Arrowsmith ,thany you Trevor

Elwyn Griffiths Crossgates, a fine looking motor,

images hosting
A483 Builth Wells .

chepstowchap:

images hosting
A483 Builth Wells .

Lovely old picture Aaron . dont know if they are still going , were based at Penygroes , had some Atki 8 leggers as well . thank you Trevor .

A few more.
Oily

Shrops Richard 33313497634_81c09aefe3rs_k.jpg

Shrops Richard 33065391624_108c14298frs_k.jpg

Shrops Richard 32038685544_3bf3bfd1b4_rsk.jpg

Shrops richard 28705464101_a54c5eaa58_krs.jpg

Shrops Mark Hobbs 14350835563_892ac4a476mh_k.jpg

Shrops Mark Hobbs 10837315656_cbe5c91094mh_k.jpg

Nice to see Daves thread still going on here i do pop on and have a catch up . Im looking to go to Hereford Truck show in August as thats what myself and Dave enjoyed doing the most . so will post a few picts later in the year . Take care all .
Tracy.

Dave the Renegade:
Nice to see Daves thread still going on here i do pop on and have a catch up . Im looking to go to Hereford Truck show in August as thats what myself and Dave enjoyed doing the most . so will post a few picts later in the year . Take care all .
Tracy.

Nice to hear from you Tracy, Hope you are keeping well, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Dave the Renegade:
Tracy.

s

Yea im keeping well larry and Archie the cairn is to . Its 14 months now since Dave went but my feelings for him will always stay the same . I will try and take some photos on my travels . It just aint the same on the road without Dave . :frowning:

Dave the Renegade:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Dave the Renegade:
Tracy.

s

Yea im keeping well larry and Archie the cairn is to . Its 14 months now since Dave went but my feelings for him will always stay the same . I will try and take some photos on my travels . It just aint the same on the road without Dave . :frowning:

Hi Tracy,
Glad you and Archie are keeping well, get yourself to Hereford truck show and get some pics on for us!

Dave the Renegade:
Tracy.

Hi Tracy ,hope your doing OK ,will look forward to your pics from Hereford ,regards Keith .

Tracy Hi , Mansel Davies , one of Daves favourites , cc .

chepstowchap:

[
[/quote]
Nice photo and motor. The driver must of thought he was the dogs bo…cks driving that.

Whereabouts is it ? Looks like either Rhayader or Builth.](http://postimage.org/)

MAGIC:

chepstowchap:

[
[/quote]
Nice photo and motor. The driver must of thought he was the dogs bo…cks driving that.

Whereabouts is it ? Looks like either Rhayader or Builth.
[/quote]
Looks like Rhayader to me , and a load of tinplate from Pontarddulais ,regards Keith .](http://postimage.org/)

print screen
Magic and Keith ,yes it is Rhayader ,this is the A470 at Erwood ,cheers guys , cc .

Hi Everyone,

I do not know if you know that Stuart Gough sadly passed away at the end of Last Year. Stuart was one of the main reasons AE Gough and Sons have gotten so big.

Also, while I’m here, does anybody know what has happened to Huw Thomas and Daughters from Rhayader. Haven’t seen one in a year or so and I only live 15mins away.

Cheers

Stobartben:
Hi Everyone,

I do not know if you know that Stuart Gough sadly passed away at the end of Last Year. Stuart was one of the main reasons AE Gough and Sons have gotten so big.

Also, while I’m here, does anybody know what has happened to Huw Thomas and Daughters from Rhayader. Haven’t seen one in a year or so and I only live 15mins away.

Cheers

Got to say have not seen Huw Thomas around for sometime either , he did a lot of stuff out of BSW Newbridge ,regards Keith .

pete smith:

tastrucker:

pete smith:

oiltreader:
A couple more.
Oily

Hi Oily
The little Albion was for sale a while ago, ever since Bill Capper sadly passed away, not sure if it was sold and the ERF now belongs to Russell Cook and lives near Bridgnorth, I think it was originally a tanker belonging to a brewery then a recovery vehicle and was restored as it is presented now, Cheer’s Pete

Hello Pete ,i would say that ERF is ex Bass Burton on Trent , those colours are very similar to that of Alf Arrowsmith from Market Drayton ,he had an ERF like that one ,thank you Trevor .

Morning Trevor,
I’m sure that it was an Ind Coop motor now you mention Burton, I was talking to Russell,who owns it now, and he mentioned the brewery and I think it was based in South Wales when a recovery motor, Cheer’s Pete

Here’s the ERF as a wrecker:
MFA 297 Hills of Tredegar by Huw Morgan, on Flickr

pete smith:

Is that recent? I’ve not seen Elwyn and Jack for ages

fryske:

pete smith:

Is that recent? I’ve not seen Elwyn and Jack for ages

Hi Fryske,
I don’t know mate, I got sent it by an ex driver of mine, origins unknown, as I bought a E series from Griffiths a few years ago and he took me down to collect it, I have found a pic of the same motor on Flickr ( credit to Starman1954) which I presume is previous owner, are you going to Kelsall?