Welsh Border and Mid Wales Hauliers 1950's onwards

pete smith:
D.G Hayward have just chucked the towel in after 45 years, another one gone :frowning:

Hi pete , bit of a sad loss that one , they did alot out of Swansea steels . any idea who owned that Vulcan ? Looks like that pic was taken in Shrewsbury up by the Mount , regards Keith .

kingswinford kit:

pete smith:
D.G Hayward have just chucked the towel in after 45 years, another one gone :frowning:

Hi pete , bit of a sad loss that one , they did alot out of Swansea steels . any idea who owned that Vulcan ? Looks like that pic was taken in Shrewsbury up by the Mount , regards Keith .

Hi Keith,
Yes Shrewsbury definately, it may have belonged to a Preece from near Bridgnorth, only going on the initials on the front of cab, it rings a bell as I sent DTR some photographs of that company but 800 odd pages is a too many to check! Cheer’s Pete

S & M Tymms Bronnington, another company that used to frequent the A41 daily, Brymbo to Midlands and reload scrap bales out of Parkfield Iron and Steel on Bilston Road Wolverhampton,

CZC00047-07.jpg

pete smith:
S & M Tymms Bronnington, another company that used to frequent the A41 daily, Brymbo to Midlands and reload scrap bales out of Parkfield Iron and Steel on Bilston Road Wolverhampton,

Hello pete , yes they were the main haulier in Brymbo , did more then Caddys , but you have surprised with your picture did not realise they did fridge work , im thinking it would be ABP Ellesmere , thank you Trevor ,

images upload
One for Trevor .

tastrucker:

pete smith:

Hello pete , yes they were the main haulier in Brymbo , did more then Caddys , but you have surprised with your picture did not realise they did fridge work , im thinking it would be ABP Ellesmere , thank you Trevor ,

Hi Trevor , who are /were Primor freight from the Oswestry area , used to see them ,but not lately , regards Keith .

chepstowchap:

images upload
One for Trevor .

thank you Aaron , you always find them ! Your picture shows what a smart little fleet this was , thank you Trevor ,

Dee Valley, turning over the river bridge by the station in Llangollen?

pete smith:

What / where is the monument in the background Pete?

gingerfold:

pete smith:

What / where is the monument in the background Pete?

Hi Graham,
It is Lord Hills column and it is outside Shire Hall (council offices)in Shrewsbury,

Hi Pete, thanks for confirming that. As soon as I’d asked the question I realised it was Shrewsbury.

gingerfold:
Hi Pete, thanks for confirming that. As soon as I’d asked the question I realised it was Shrewsbury.

It is taller than Nelsons column according to google! When they build by-passes you soon forget some of the old roads, the Shrewsbury “ring road” is one i will not forget as I detested it! Cheer’s Pete

Pentons,

CZC00047-09.jpg

A couple thanks to Richard Says.
Oily

Wales Richard 31243179392_2f50d44a41_rsk.jpg

oiltreader:
Oily

Hey Oily , great pics ! They have i understand a 143 that is in preservation , regards Keith .

A Dee Valley, looking a bit rough?

kingswinford kit:

oiltreader:
Oily

Hey Oily , great pics ! They have i understand a 143 that is in preservation , regards Keith .

Cheers Keith, a couple in preservation.
Oily

oiltreader:

kingswinford kit:

oiltreader:
Oily

Cheers Keith, a couple in preservation.
Oily

Hi Oily , brilliant stuff , keep em coming , regards Keith .

tastrucker:
Hello geraint , yes there was a driver with Direct named Chris he drove the last Foden 8 wheeler they bought new , an S80 cab i think they were called . Your father would probably remember the likes of George Mayers and Alf parry , thank you Trevor .

Hello Trevor , …my father certainly remembers Caddys …and some of their drivers …they were according to him …a very handy set of lads …then hauling out of Bryngwyn Gorsienon …with F88 Volvos …and the odd Daf …
Geo Mayers he can remember …but not so sure of Alf Parry …Geraint .

kenfig bill:

tastrucker:
Hello geraint , yes there was a driver with Direct named Chris he drove the last Foden 8 wheeler they bought new , an S80 cab i think they were called . Your father would probably remember the likes of George Mayers and Alf parry , thank you Trevor .

Hello Trevor , …my father certainly remembers Caddys …and some of their drivers …they were according to him …a very handy set of lads …then hauling out of Bryngwyn Gorsienon …with F88 Volvos …and the odd Daf …
Geo Mayers he can remember …but not so sure of Alf Parry …Geraint .

Hello Geraint , yes Caddys had some game drivers ! They would certainly show other drivers the way home over the beacons , thank you Trevor .