Well that’s ironic

the nodding donkey:

DCPCFML:

alamcculloch:
Maybe some of those single mothers should have kept their knickers on. Hospital workers and care home staff like drivers ought to be paid more.

Agreed. My sympathy meter isn’t even flickering for the former. You make your bed in life…

Not all single mothers are chain smoking, bacardi breezer swilling, kincker dropping slags (have I missed any of your prejudices?). Some are where they are, because they were left holding the baby.
You can set out to make your bed as much as you like, if life kicks you in the teeth, it matters not. Sneering at those dumped in the gutter doesn’t make you a better person.

I get that and agree to a large extent. I’m always wary of hating whoever the press tell me I should hate, and I’ll never deny that there are a lot of feckless fathers out there who really deserve sterilising as a service to the community, but there are occasions when after the fourth child to the fourth different father some intervention is probably required.

On the plus side I notice that Tesco’s are doing Father’s Day cards in packs of five!

DCPCFML:

the nodding donkey:

DCPCFML:

alamcculloch:
Maybe some of those single mothers should have kept their knickers on. Hospital workers and care home staff like drivers ought to be paid more.

Agreed. My sympathy meter isn’t even flickering for the former. You make your bed in life…

Not all single mothers are chain smoking, bacardi breezer swilling, kincker dropping slags (have I missed any of your prejudices?). Some are where they are, because they were left holding the baby.
You can set out to make your bed as much as you like, if life kicks you in the teeth, it matters not. Sneering at those dumped in the gutter doesn’t make you a better person.

IF that is the case then fair enough, but nearly all of them got themselves into that situation through choices of their own making. In fact many get themselves into that situation deliberately so that I can fund their lifestyle through taxation.

Is

DCPCFML:
nearly all of them got themselves into that situation through choices of their own making

accurate or just a repetition of a scandal sheet blaming the victims for everything?

DCPCFML:
In fact many get themselves into that situation deliberately so that I can fund their lifestyle through taxation.

Really? Where does that “fact” come from?

Widows and female divorcees are single mothers.
But I guess you are correct: their own choice to marry someone who got themselves killed, or marry someone who is a wife beater.

My original point was you can get the same amount of money working for McDonalds as working for some of the bigger haulage firms

Doesn’t make sense does it

I’ve fallen on my feet with my current job - pays well, day rate