Well pissed off Wight Strensham services now

Conor:

the nodding donkey:

Conor:
And meanwhile half of the parking bays at the far superior Gloucester services will be empty.

Not all of us are on superstar agency wages.

£23 to park at Gloucester services and it comes with a £5 meal voucher and free showers .

Are you tramping now Conor?
Thought you’d jacked driving.What happened to the electrician’s job?

(Did ask you on another thread, but you can’t have seen it…or maybe you just ignored me :wink: . :laughing: )

toby1234abc:
Ross on Wye cattle market, no way Jose, the food there would make a Billy goat puke.
My mixed grill resembled dog food from a can of Pedigree Chum.
A stinky old Portakabin with no heating.

Sounds lovely… :grimacing:

Re the services for £31, parking charges seem to have spiralled out of control in the UK… :frowning:

wrighty1:

toby1234abc:
Ross on Wye cattle market, no way Jose, the food there would make a Billy goat puke.
My mixed grill resembled dog food from a can of Pedigree Chum.
A stinky old Portakabin with no heating.
Even Rocket Man from North Korea would not waste a rocket nuking it.
Turn left out the moo market for a tenner park in the fuel station.

Like I said food is shocking but parking is fine, also the fuel station is more than a tenner now and not many spaces. Plus the usual issues of constant noise.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you’re parking at these services it’s easy to drive into the space then you’re away from the noise a bit more and it’s just a straight reverse out and off you go .

AndrewG:
Re the services for £31, parking charges seem to have spiralled out of control in the UK… :frowning:

Thing is, they know that proper o/night parking facilities are few and far between, they also know that most drivers will put with anything rather than go off the beaten track to find somewhere better, so they know they can get away with providing a crap service for a premium rate.
As for Strensham s/b, whoever designed that sardine can parking lay out should be dry analled by a bull…twice! :smiling_imp:

It’s a ■■■■ up of the highest degree, obviously designed by someone who knows nothing about trucks and amount of manoeuvrability and space needed. :unamused:

At Gloucester services north and southbound, if you buy an adult meal, for only £1, you get a kids meal.
You do not have to have a child with you for the offer.
Some say its expensive but its quality food sourced locally helping local business.
If you wait before the shop shuts , the bread and patisserie is reduced by 75 per cent or more.
On both directions, the take away cafe is no longer open 24 hours and shuts at 22.00.
There is a pedestrian tunnel that goes under the motorway to link the two.
If you are on a 24 hour break there, there is a pub, about 30 minutes walk, they do a roast carvery on Sundays, all day.
Strensham southbound is being refurbished, made bigger.
Hence the price hike.
I do like the noodles franchise.
If you speak to the security man Gerry, he works north and southbound, the bloke will fill you in with the policy and future plans to expand the lgv parking.
The southbound coach parking is a shambles, designed by a drunk, dysfunctional, dyslexic 15 year school boy high on crack.
If you park with your cab facing the rear of the coach park, expect to have your cab or mirrors ripped off by a tight turning trailer.

Oh and northbound whsmith has tunnocks 4 for a £

On the subject of poorly designed Msa,s,Cobham is ridiculous.
Whoever thought the Lgv parking would be adequate for an international route.
They should have built two not one.
One on the Gatwick direction.
One for Heathrow direction .
There is ample land on both directions.
Trucks now spill out all over the place.
Its a gamble if you are running out of time , if you get a space after 18.00.

The same for Beaconsfield M40.
Lincoln Farm Birmingham, full up every night 250 trucks, an old school truck stop.
It does what it says on the tin.

London is pathetic for parking, want the goods but now get out of here.
Compare to Madrid with its many motorways, loads of free parking with drivers menus, fixed price meals with white linen table cloths, a full set of clean cutlery, and waited on by staff in tradidional uniform.

robroy:

AndrewG:

Thing is, they know that proper o/night parking facilities are few and far between, they also know that most drivers will put with anything rather than go off the beaten track to find somewhere better, so they know they can get away with providing a crap service for a premium rate.
As for Strensham s/b, whoever designed that sardine can parking lay out should be dry analled by a bull…twice! :smiling_imp:

It’s a [zb] up of the highest degree, obviously designed by someone who knows nothing about trucks and amount of manoeuvrability and space needed. :unamused:

Whilst I may have fond ( :open_mouth: :laughing: ) memories of my early driving career and nights in the Ross on Wye truckstop, I have wised up, and parked elsewhere for years. Minutes from Weatherspoons too… :grimacing:

I only ever stop on the Northbound side. If I’m heading south I’ll always make a bee-line for Gloucester. We are on account for both Moto and Roadchef so paying for parking isn’t an issue but I don’t mind paying for Gloucester.