Wed 10/1 J25 - J26, M6 closed

Police have today launched a fresh witness appeal after confirming details of the man who died.

A spokesman said the deceased was a 37-year-old man from the Manchester area.

toby1234abc:
There was no time to do anything, because the slip road he was on was very short.
A poor design of a slip road .
As I came around the bend of the motorway, you have no clear view of joining traffic , which don’t have right of way to pull out, until its clear to do so.
The point I’m making is, the truck on the slip road should adjust his speed .
He used the momentum of the down hill slope to then expect everyone to get out of his way.

Of course there is time to do something!

I’m not so certain these type of accidents are caused by tail-gating. They are more likely to be caused by a HGV hitting stationary traffic due to the driver not paying attention.

Cosmic:
I’m not so certain these type of accidents are caused by tail-gating. They are more likely to be caused by a HGV hitting stationary traffic due to the driver not paying attention.

Probably a bit of both in reality. Any truck driver that follows another truck too close has no idea about what is happening on the road ahead and the inevitable happens.
Also many drivers don’t allow for the unexpected which happens from time to time and again the inevitable happens.