Wearing a tie for work

Cruise Control:

The Sarge:
If the gaffer supplies it - I’ll wear it :slight_smile:

what drag outfit, fish nets and suspenders :question: :question: :wink: :open_mouth:

that would get the forkies to unload you quicker :exclamation: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

"hello boys… :wink: :wink: "

You saw me in my last job then, did you? :wink:

davepenn54:
There was an article in one of the Truck mags recently about that company ‘Rick Bestwick’ does speciallity foods, think they are from the Chesterfield area :question: run white FH’s & pulling white reefers and Im sure it said their drivers had to a wear a shirt & tie, not sure about the rest of the uniform though :question: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

They do wear shirt and tie and run a very smart outfit. I would wear a shirt and tie for work if needed, havent got a problem with it.

TheFan46:
a chap my dad used to drive with on the tippers has wore a tie for the last 30 years…look’s really odd coverd in bitumen and dirt with a tie lol

That wouldnt be aidy by any chance would it■■?

I think wearing a tie for work is OK, but it’s best to wear a shirt with it normally :open_mouth:

There is a Turners of Soham silo driver who I see sometimes in Escaudouvres who wears a tie every day,
He takes pride in his appearence, nothing wrong with that at all.
Pity some of neandertal drivers take the ■■■■ out of him for it.

i drive for Samworth brothers…they insist on shirt and tie…i hate it…some drivers like wearing it but i dont…i admit that i only put it on when i go into 1 of our depots…the rest of the day its OFF…i personally find it embarrasing…but thats just me… :smiley:

If the company provided one and insisted it be worn then it would be. Without compulsion fat chance.

talked to a Rick Bestwick driver at M5 jct24 the other day after he saw me drooling at his truck , i asked about the tie , & he said it was uniform , but seeing as he was on good money , top spec FH, stayed clean in his cab he didn’t mind the tie, took a bit of time to get used to it , but he’s so used to it , he hardly notices it now .

Would i wear one ? if i had to i suppose , although it’s unlikely it’ll ever happen

Never gonna see me in a shirt and tie in my job, just an old polo shirt, tatty jeans and rigger boots, perfect for those muddy building sites. The site workers seem more helpful and friendly if your dressed as ‘one of them’ whereas the guys from the big firms in their nice clean uniform, shiney hi vis and boots tend to get the cold shoulder.

SWEDISH BLUE:
Pay me £500 a week take home and i will wear a skirt if they want me too :open_mouth:

Even with a cut in wage I wouldn’t wear one :unamused:
Can’t see a Curtain sider driver wearing one, H&S and all that BS. :wink: I hope they are clip on Ties for those that do.

I wear a tie for work… :wink:

DAF95XF:

What do you do?

dinosteveus1:

DAF95XF:

What do you do?

Drive a coach :laughing:

DAF95XF:

dinosteveus1:

DAF95XF:

What do you do?

Drive a coach :laughing:

Ahhh :smiley: Nice one :wink:

we have shirts but no ties,they are heavy duty hard wearing type,they look smart but are crap to work in…

If it was the right job and it required me wearing a Tie then I’d wear it.

But it really doesn’t matter what uniform you give some drivers they’ll still look a mess, and other will look clean a tidy in jeans and a t’shirt.