We need another cpc

Conor:

adam277:
This is obviously wrong as it’s non optional so every driver has to do it.

No they don’t but then again if you’d stayed awake you’d have known that. However thanks for demonstrating on a public forum you don’t even know the basics.

Made yourself look a bit of a prat there didn’t you after your comment about it being a snooze fest. Get the basics right, because something tells me had there been a written test for any of your modules you’d have failed, and maybe then you’d be fit to take an optional advanced version.

Yes, but having taken the DCPC yourself, you repeatedly stated on TruckNet, often in an aggressive and abusive manner that a driver could not legally take two consecutive reduced weekly rests at weekends. So it obviously doesn’t work, does it?

alamcculloch:
How about a pass or fail test for the DCPC presenters? Some of them spout ■■■■■■■■ and don’t know the subject. I ask other drivers when I meet them and no one has any thing positive to say , its a tax or its a scam basically.

Yes maybe a common syllabus which the instructors have to prove they can teach before being let loose on us, so I’ve been in 8 DCPC sessions with 3 training providers and 6 instructors, of which 1 was excellent, 2 were good, 1 was basically ok and 2 were dire and they were ex-drivers.

Harry Monk:

Conor:

adam277:
This is obviously wrong as it’s non optional so every driver has to do it.

No they don’t but then again if you’d stayed awake you’d have known that. However thanks for demonstrating on a public forum you don’t even know the basics.

Made yourself look a bit of a prat there didn’t you after your comment about it being a snooze fest. Get the basics right, because something tells me had there been a written test for any of your modules you’d have failed, and maybe then you’d be fit to take an optional advanced version.

Yes, but having taken the DCPC yourself, you repeatedly stated on TruckNet, often in an aggressive and abusive manner that a driver could not legally take two consecutive reduced weekly rests at weekends. So it obviously doesn’t work, does it?

Ave some of that!.png

muckles:

alamcculloch:
How about a pass or fail test for the DCPC presenters? Some of them spout ■■■■■■■■ and don’t know the subject. I ask other drivers when I meet them and no one has any thing positive to say , its a tax or its a scam basically.

Yes maybe a common syllabus which the instructors have to prove they can teach before being let loose on us, so I’ve been in 8 DCPC sessions with 3 training providers and 6 instructors, of which 1 was excellent, 2 were good, 1 was basically ok and 2 were dire and they were ex-drivers.

Yes seems to be a bit of an inherent problem with DCPC although I am sure some would still moan no matter who took the course. Suppose it all boils down to cost. Most people could deliver DCPC but as we see to do it well we need properly trained instructors. Even then unless they have a bit of ooomff and are able to add interest to a subject they could be just as boring.
Just glad all of mine were not too bad and just about bearable and even better will never go to another. :smiley:

jakethesnake:

muckles:

alamcculloch:

Yes seems to be a bit of an inherent problem with DCPC although I am sure some would still moan no matter who took the course. Suppose it all boils down to cost. Most people could deliver DCPC but as we see to do it well we need properly trained instructors. Even then unless they have a bit of ooomff and are able to add interest to a subject they could be just as boring.
Just glad all of mine were not too bad and just about bearable and even better will never go to another. :smiley:

I’m with you there if the instructor has no personality it’s going to be areally long day but some of the courses need a bit more substance to make them bearable,I did one on h&s and it was basically 500 different ways of saying if it’s too heavy don’t lift it

If it was really about safety etc the courses would be free. If you’re on a low wage and losing a day’s money and paying for the course you’re going to be resentful about it before the day starts. So interest in the day will be minimal.

Did 7.5 hrs on safe and efficient driving, basically showing drivers how the eco roll works and lane assist and all the other gizmos now fitted.

Completely obsessed about fuel savings, but not at all bothered about spending £10,000 a week on damage.

£10,000 being an average week the best effort to date was £60,000

Odd days:
If it was really about safety etc the courses would be free. If you’re on a low wage and losing a day’s money and paying for the course you’re going to be resentful about it before the day starts. So interest in the day will be minimal.

My ex is a nurse and when she goes on a training day she gets paid to attend it, never mind being expected to pay for the course or even the upload fee. That’s what happens when you are a professional. :wink:

Odd days:
. If you’re on a low wage and losing a day’s money and paying for the course you’re going to be resentful about it before the day starts. So interest in the day will be minimal.

This^^^^^