We might end up being respected after all

Employers…RDCs…VOSA…Police…County Councils…and to a degree the general public.

You have been treating lorry drivers like ■■■■ for a very long time.

Now…REAP WHAT YOU HAVE SOWN!!

I’ll never drive a truck again after 35 years experience unless summat gets drastically better

When you rock up 4 hours late at Tesco Magor and not an eyebrow is lifted… bay 28 please and thanks drive if you don’t awfully mind, drive… make the most of it ; it’s nice to feel welcome at an RDC goods in desk, no matter how superficial the smiles are!!

There’s a petition on the Parliament petition website thing for psv drivers to get upgraded to a class 1 entitlement. I hope that happens cause that would save a fortune for me. I was just in sainsbury’s and it was dire, empty shelves everywhere.

This might have been posted before so apologies if so!

youtube.com/watch?v=x8k8k1Mia2I

Dale88:
There’s a petition on the Parliament petition website thing for psv drivers to get upgraded to a class 1 entitlement. I hope that happens cause that would save a fortune for me. I was just in sainsbury’s and it was dire, empty shelves everywhere.

Psv or class 2 (cat C) ?

Let’s hope Kent and London starve to death after all the anti lorry ■■■■■ they have caused!!.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

teech:

Dale88:

Psv or class 2 (cat C) ?

It’s wanting cat D drivers to be entitled to drive Cat C I never really looked at the post at the time.

You should ALL be proud of yourselves - some of the finest serial killers this country’s ever produced were wagon drivers.

Dale88:

teech:

Dale88:

Psv or class 2 (cat C) ?

It’s wanting cat D drivers to be entitled to drive Cat C I never really looked at the post at the time.

I get texts from Staffline touting rates well in excess of £20ph for going into Sainsburys now…

BUT - Such offers are no good at all, if the work you think you are applying for - doesn’t actually exist.

I’m after shift starts 15:00-20:00 on a regular basis. No GraveYard shifts, Stupid O Clock Start Times, and any other form of being bullied into start times I didn’t sign up for…
I’m not doing some unpaid assessment just to be told “Sorry bud, only blue-eyed boys get the start times they want here. You’re WAY down the pecking order sonny!” It’s 23:30 - or back to the start times for yeu… Now that you’ve invested your energy into our unpaid assessment - why don’t you give it a try?

Thus, I don’t get to sit down in the seat.
Thus, the agency hourly rates - can only continue to rise, because they are driving people away, not the lower rates…

Other firms are also paying top dollar for agency only now - but little shift in the “wear-the-shirt” full time contracts directly employed as of yet…

Meanwhile, I’m kept plenty busy working for outfits that don’t need to do any “assessment” in non-recognition of 30 years endorsement-free driving… Paid Inductions - are fine. This means you get given a block of work first, and THEN do that induction effectively on firm’s time…

All in all, if MY bum isn’t allowed on a seat, or is put off from sitting down in that seat - who knows? - Maybe it is a benchmark for all that is empty on our shelves now… I can only hold down one full time job after all…

There doesn’t seem to be much “part time work” available at Agency these days…

Pressure to do five days work - or none.

What if I’ve already got a job elsewhere, that I’m reluctant to give up? (…this being the case…)

Why do you care? You announced just 3 weeks ago that you now had a full-time permanent job. Have you been sacked from that already?

JeffA:
You should ALL be proud of yourselves - some of the finest serial killers this country’s ever produced were wagon drivers.

Councellors that ruin people’s lives - have killed more people since the start of the lockdown than Truckers have killed cyclists during our lifetimes. They don’t even get voted out of office though, let alone charged with any crimes for their “benefit sanctions”, or “council flat evictions”, “forcing people to use food banks”, or even “theft of free school meals”
Councellors - are responsible for full enforcement of laws that involve sending people into poverty, or keeping them there. Labour counsellors sending out things like debt collection letters over unpaid fines, evicting people because their housing benefit no longer pays the rent, unpaid council taxes, etc - cannot blame the Tories - when they are the incumbent councellors in so many thousands of positions around the UK…

All those people who lost their jobs during lockdown - the ones that didn’t get any help. Not everyone has a licence and can ■■■■■ themselves out to an agency like myself, so I’m talking for all those silent individuals whom you first got to hear about when they died of anything at all “blamed on Covid” when it was actually more likely to be self-harm or a sharp decline in health due to stress…

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-53826477

Until and unless there is one day a reckoning for all the upwards of a million people killed by the establishment then - I won’t be taking any critique from the general public over our social responisbilities as “food delivery drivers”. :imp:

DCPCFML:
Why do you care? You announced just 3 weeks ago that you now had a full-time permanent job. Have you been sacked from that already?

Quickly getting your useless barb in again I see…

There will be a reckoning for people like you one day as well, I strongly suspect… (^^^ above post)

A study of history would suggest The Reckoning never comes…

JeffA:
A study of history would suggest The Reckoning never comes…

“Reckonings” tend to be the day of salvation for those who survive it, and never complained of by those who are no longer around to have found their demise by it…

What use is there for an “acting manager” if the lockdown never ends, the industry gets automated, and all remaining drivers are people and/or robots that no one ever gets to meet?

Do-ers - will keep their jobs, just elsewhere. “Those who try to prevent the do-ers” - are already obsolete.