WARNING talk talk

It is not just talk talk .my three number keeps getting a los angeles number trying that crap .its in spam numbers yet they call daily .Im glad my phone highlights where they call from.

Winseer:
It’s about bloody time that phone companies gave you “who’s calling” and “block number” for free.

KCOM do

Glen A9:

yourhavingalarf:
This is a result of the hacking earlier this year…

I doubt it, they’re probably just calling numbers at random/from the phone directory.
The scammers have probably realised people have got wise to them “calling from Microsoft” and are just picking popular ISPs to claim to be from.

There have been cases where the callers could provide details of the account, including customer/account number. I think it was BT had this issue which suggest they may have data been stolen from their call centres? Especially as many of these scammers sound Indian and many genuine overseas call centres are based there?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Had a call this afternoon, punched in the number gotten from 1471, and it’s an energy firm apparently. A debt collection department of an energy firm too. Not one I’ve been with before either, so I can’t be owing them any money…

They could have left a message on my answerphone - but these cold callers never bother do they?
Funny that.

Just leaving the answerphone to pick it up all the time - may well be better than any “call blocking” system eh? :bulb:

Winseer:

truckman020:
if I don’t recognise the number I don’t answer,simple as that,if a landline then I let them talk first then within seconds I tell them to go forth and multiply

Ask for me by name, at which point I might say “State your Business”.

"We just need to verify we’re talking to the… "

+1 [u]You[/u] phoned [u]Me[/u] idiots! If you didn't think "I was Me" why'dya bloody well call? :unamused: