Waltham Abbey truckstop... Robbing barstewards

scottie0011:
Think yourself lucky, this happened there last night and 2 pallets of gin stolen from their “secure” parking.

WOW! That’s shocking! I’d be so ■■■■■■ off with the people I’d payed £30 for security. Companies who’s trucks get done over in these places need to start taking legal action for not getting what they’re paying for. It would boil my ■■■■ [emoji35].
Because what I carry is effectively worthless to these thieving ■■■■■■■■ I open all my curtain corners to show them it’s worthless to them. Yes it’s a PITA but less of a PITA than having curtains repaired.

Is there a sign up saying it’s secure parking?

Rob K:

scottie0011:
Think yourself lucky, this happened there last night and 2 pallets of gin stolen from their “secure” parking.

LOL.

Parked overnight in an open access truckstop with pallets of gin on a curtain-sider? Nope, didn’t see that one coming :unamused: . No sympathy for thick [zb]s like that.

And where do you know around that area which would be immune from such a theft? The irony is that a quiet industrial estate would be far less risky, but if such an event did happen there then the insurance company wouldn’t pay out. The £30 fee for parking is a guarantee that they will.

mac12:
Is there a sign up saying it’s secure parking?

That’s the minimum I’d expect for parking on their premises and paying for the privilege.

Harry Monk:

Rob K:

scottie0011:

LOL.

Parked overnight in an open access truckstop with pallets of gin on a curtain-sider? Nope, didn’t see that one coming :unamused: . No sympathy for thick [zb]s like that.

And where do you know around that area which would be immune from such a theft? The irony is that a quiet industrial estate would be far less risky, but if such an event did happen there then the insurance company wouldn’t pay out. The £30 fee for parking is a guarantee that they will.

Here is pretty safe apparently

Harry Monk:

Rob K:

scottie0011:

LOL.

There is no irony at all because no haulier with an ounce of intelligence would send out a load of booze on a curtain-sider that couldn’t be delivered the same day. If there was no way to do it within the day then they would ensure that they had secure parking arranged in a locked compound or yard with sufficient security personnel to prevent a theft. It’s glaringly obvious to anyone with a brain that parking overnight in a truckstop on the outskirts of London with a load of booze in a curtain-sider is not going to be there in the morning. The fact that you’re suggesting industrial estates as alternatives indicates that you’re just as thick as the haulier that sent it. Jesus H Christ… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Rob K:

Harry Monk:

Rob K:

scottie0011:

LOL.

There is no irony at all because no haulier with an ounce of intelligence would send out a load of booze on a curtain-sider that couldn’t be delivered the same day. If there was no way to do it within the day then they would ensure that they had secure parking arranged in a locked compound or yard with sufficient security personnel to prevent a theft. It’s glaringly obvious to anyone with a brain that parking overnight in a truckstop on the outskirts of London with a load of booze in a curtain-sider is not going to be there in the morning. The fact that you’re suggesting industrial estates as alternatives indicates that you’re just as thick as the haulier that sent it. Jesus H Christ… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Not really Rob- the simple fact is that a truck is far less likely to be targeted in places where thieves do not tend to congregate. I’ve never once had a curtain slashed when parked in a place of my choosing, but have had curtains slashed when parked in truckstops or MSAs at the customer’s insistence.

Only one of us is thick Rob, and I think everyone on TruckNet knows which one of us that is Rob. :wink:

Harry Monk:
Not really Rob- the simple fact is that a truck is far less likely to be targeted in places where thieves do not tend to congregate. I’ve never once had a curtain slashed when parked in a place of my choosing, but have had curtains slashed when parked in truckstops or MSAs at the customer’s insistence.

Your personal anecdotes are just that : anecdotes.

I’d argue that a truck parked in a quiet area with little activity or footfall would be the perfect condition for wannabe thieves. Attempting it in an MSA or truckstop where trucks are constantly coming and going and drivers are wandering around looking for a shaded place to have a ■■■■ rather than walk to the amenities means a high risk of being spotted and the alarm being raised.

Only one of us is thick Rob, and I think everyone on TruckNet knows which one of us that is Rob. :wink:

Yes, the one that’s needing to have basics explained to him like a 5 year old :unamused: . Park your curtain-siders full of gin on your industrial estates overnight “where thieves do not tend to congregate” ( :smiley: ) and let me know how that pans out for you please. I’m sure I’m not the only one here that would enjoy the chuckle. :smiley: :unamused: :smiley:

Harry Monk:

Rob K:

Harry Monk:

Rob K:
LOL.

I’m exactly the same, as are several others I know.

Whoodathunkit.

OVLOV JAY:
This is why tramping has definitely had its day. I don’t mind an occasional night out, but I try and avoid them like the plague now. No incentive anymore. Even if the company pay, some drivers have fronted £240 before getting half back. No meal voucher is creeping in, as a lot of them are splitting facilities. Paying for showers isn’t uncommon too. And if you decide to park up away from these places, unless you park next to a 24hr supermarket you have no facilities. It’s 2018 and we still have drivers accepting using bushes for toilet facilities. Treated like animals on this job now, and 9/10 drivers only do it to use night out money to subsidise [zb] wages :unamused:

^^^^^This 100%. Well said sir, this is by far and away the best post I have read this year.

scottie0011:

Zero sympathy with that one,who in their right mind would park in services with a load like that.

£30 to park and regular lorry thefts, inside job anyone… :wink:

[Not making an accusation just offering a ■■■■■■ service]

Edited because wrong thread, I´m an idiot :smiley:

Dipper_Dave:

I was thinking the same thing myself. There’s only one way in and out, a night watchman who is supposed to walk around and the office for where you pay to park right at the entrance and exit where the fuel pumps are. Just how 2 pallets of gin being nicked without anyone noticing is beyond me.
I mean they won’t exactly used a car to put them in, maybe a van and said van would’ve been parked in front of the truck as they are packed in that tight there you can only just open your door to get out.

is it not just the same logic as pricing the usual parking tickets for delivering into inner city drops where you know for a fact you will be ticketed,so you price the job accordingly.
30 quid covers the insurance when you certainly have a high chance of getting tanned,or,park out of the way in a quiet ind est with a much lower risk and gamble 600 or 700 bottles of gin and a curtain repair if the worst happens.
sad but true as it wouldnt be difficult to barrier the msa truck parking areas and rule out a lot of scumbag theft.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Dipper_Dave:

I was thinking the same thing myself. There’s only one way in and out, a night watchman who is supposed to walk around and the office for where you pay to park right at the entrance and exit where the fuel pumps are. Just how 2 pallets of gin being nicked without anyone noticing is beyond me.
I mean they won’t exactly used a car to put them in, maybe a van and said van would’ve been parked in front of the truck as they are packed in that tight there you can only just open your door to get out.

Yeah they cram them in would mean breaking pallet down and carrying them makes you wonder if watchmen is in on it.
Not a one off as I had to tow a bloke out of a rut in there last winter who had his curtain slashed and a load of clothes nicked from his load.

Often thought if a wagon caught fire there how dangerous it would be how they are cranes in

It would be interesting if two trucks turned up at the same time who told the parking attendant they where leaving at the same time, one say a curtainsider, the other a bulker or obvious low value load vehicle. Then see where each one was parked.

Course Im not casting aspersions just curious.

WA has of course got massive overheads in that area which no doubt the management would be quick to point out thus justifying the fee.

In the end there’s better places to park so best avoided IMHO.

It could have been parked along the trees that back onto the road. Couple of blokes quickly going in and out of the trees.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

robroy:

DickyNick:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
First time I have parked here for a long time and never again, £30 [zb] quid to park and not even a meal voucher with it :open_mouth: :unamused: When I asked why you don’t get one they said the garage and cafe are separate things now as he’s gave it up.
Absolute joke that you get [zb] all after parting with £30 if I’d have known I’d have gone to Thurrock services saying that it still gets rammed in here.

Is it coming out of your pocket?

If yes…then you need a new job where your company pays the parking

If no…then why do you give any kind of toss what they charge?

:smiley: :grimacing: :smiley:

That is the kind of attitude these type of robbing 2hats rely on, same as MSAs.
I get paid parking but I refuse to park at these type of crapholes on principle, unless there is absolute zero alternative.
It is those types that have just capitalised on the chronic shortage of proper overnight parking places for trampers, so they think they can get away with anything…as they do because of driver’s attitudes.
I [zb] hate the lot of em.
Same old same old ‘‘If everybody etc etc’’ but it’s like ■■■■■■■ in the wind.

Avoid if at all possible. Don’t even like the idea of the company paying these parking charges.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk