all the way through

So it begins…

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Bino10:
So it begins…

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Dozy :laughing: :laughing:

dozy:
[zb] stupid, haven’t they also got britvic back ? , yet on a existing contract there miles behind , subbies being brought in , previous contract holder being brought in , I just can’t under stand the sense in it , make sure you cancope with existing contracts before you start taking on more work :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: I guess I’ll have another idiot on the phone this week on about Xtra shifts , help the company out :unamused: :unamused: then spouting some crap about your not a team player :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Not all but Stobart now do to many Britvic job.Downton near gone from Britvic.But subbies in any contract it is normal situation.Good to everyone.I can see who Culina (Great bear) start use so much subbies as well.

toonsy:
To be fair to Tesco they seem to be taking a lot of their stuff back in house.

Avonmouth were 40 drivers short yesterday over the 24 hours…hence loads of subbies in there last night and today :unamused:

The recruitment drive has`nt worked, two months in, and its “how much do you want / how many can you supply” :wink:

The “in-house” gang dont want multi drop [thats three drops to you and me], they dont want long distance, and they dont want three local jobs in a shift… :open_mouth:

The only race to the bottom is the drivers shooting themselves in the foot…again :unamused:

Stanley Mitchell:

toonsy:
To be fair to Tesco they seem to be taking a lot of their stuff back in house.

Avonmouth were 40 drivers short yesterday over the 24 hours…hence loads of subbies in there last night and today :unamused:

The recruitment drive has`nt worked, two months in, and its “how much do you want / how many can you supply” :wink:

The “in-house” gang dont want multi drop [thats three drops to you and me], they dont want long distance, and they dont want three local jobs in a shift… :open_mouth:

The only race to the bottom is the drivers shooting themselves in the foot…again :unamused:

Avonmonth was running by Stobart■■?

Stanley Mitchell:
(…)Avonmouth were 40 drivers short (…)

I live nearby, and in Bristol I’m constanty £15 - £16/h(weekdays) as an LTD driver. No one should go for that £10.44/h stobby rate. You can get more if you work in an ALDI store, as a cashier.

N0rbert:

Stanley Mitchell:

I live nearby, and in Bristol I’m constanty £15 - £16/h(weekdays) as an LTD driver. No one should go for that £10.44/h stobby rate. You can get more if you work in an ALDI store, as a cashier.

Tesko Avonmonth i think all the time was in house and never was under Stobart.

N0rbert:

Stanley Mitchell:

You have to work hard and multi task as an Aldi cashier!!!

As quoted earlier some drivers want the money but not the work.

Tesco, Sainsbury, Asda, Morrisons, Co-op all operate in house DC’s as well as use multiple outside contractors, in a bid to drive down costs, including drivers t & c’s.

Sixties boy:

N0rbert:

Stanley Mitchell:

Tesco, Sainsbury, Asda, Morrisons, Co-op all operate in house DC’s as well as use multiple outside contractors, in a bid to drive down costs, including drivers t & c’s.

Err… I was offered an interview/assessment for Co-Op through XPO. And the wage was something like £16/17 for days. No nights out - but multirop pulling cages on PAYE. That’s for a new pass.

I wouldn’t call that terrible. It’s easy to knock transport companies - but at Andover, they are paying a totally livable wage. If Co-Op drivers direct are earning significantly more I’m willing to quit my PhD and drive for them directly forever.

sammym:

Sixties boy:

N0rbert:

Stanley Mitchell:

Err… I was offered an interview/assessment for Co-Op through XPO. And the wage was something like £16/17 for days. No nights out - but multirop pulling cages on PAYE. That’s for a new pass.

I wouldn’t call that terrible. It’s easy to knock transport companies - but at Andover, they are paying a totally livable wage. If Co-Op drivers direct are earning significantly more I’m willing to quit my PhD and drive for them directly forever.

16-17 p/h good.But must think about hours.At some company drivers work jut 45-50 hours ,at some company 60+.And Coop job not so easy exspecialy for new passed.Stobart job not best paid but log hours and easy clean job .Co-op good paid but not long hour and hard reversing,heavy cages.If they pay good that why they can t found drivers and agree taked new driver.Good company for easy job not taked new passed drivers.

Andrejs:

carryfast-yeti:
just heard from one of their drivers, Stobarts have won a contract with said Company,delivering 75% of their products…in around 6 weeks time.
Walkers Crisps used to be THE top job in Leicester.

Walkers do delivery and return empty but Stobart do return load to someone.So who will do more profitable with less cost?

Walkers return with raw materials and packaging they collect from suppliers.

yorkshire terrier:
Maybe just collect the Tesco orders as I know they do that with other manufacturers who don’t use stobart as there haulier…
If they are taking it all then it’s more money to give to mr lefty lineker…
I don’t buy walkers products for that very reason

Same here,not in the same league as marksnsparks sublime prawn cocktail experience.