Volvo fm versus merc axor

I know they are a different type of vehicle, but has anyone driven a Volvo FL220 rigid?

What a load of rubbish! :unamused:

Now of it was a choice of Atego or FL220 4 wheelers I’d definitely want the Merc!

I have had an Axor 2540 for the last 6 months whilst waiting for my new truck to arrive. It is the old shape high roof version.
I think is a good truck for distribution or couple of nights away work. There is plenty of storage you can walk across the cab and stand up without any problems at all (I’m 6’ 3") It pulls like a train at 44 tons but the 9 speed box lets you down a bit on hills. The only thing I would change is to take the plastic tray off the engine hump as that rattles like hell when the engine is working hard.

Wheel Nut:

Gurner:
Personally i dont think the axor is a good comparison for a volvo, the actros is there flagship motor.

The FH is the Volvo Flagship too so comparing 2 fleet motors seems fairy nuff

FM = Axor
FH = Actros

Yes but the FH and FM are identical other than the fact that one is a high top, so i dont really think that makes a fair comparison, i assume the axor is aimed at the cheaper end of the market, but the fm and fh arent neccesarily aimed at costs, just one has a high roof for comfort, where as the axor and actros are two completely different trucks.

Well sad as it may be, I have given upon my Renault for an FM towntruck :stuck_out_tongue:

I pick up a new 420 FM Globetrotter the week after next with an I shift,

I will have to eat a few of my own words from the trucknet site :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
Well sad as it may be, I have given upon my Renault for an FM towntruck :stuck_out_tongue:

I pick up a new 420 FM Globetrotter the week after next with an I shift,

I will have to eat a few of my own words from the trucknet site :smiley:

come malc explain all whats happened at transalliance or have i missed it…

also the fm globby with the i shift is a little cracker no complaints there.

Nothing wrong with transalliance, I just needed a fresh challenge so I am going back to tankers :stuck_out_tongue:

The problem with bulk loads is the amount of weight the customer requires us to move.

The daft thing is when I started driving the weight limit was 32 ton, and I could carry 21 ton payload. Then it went up to 38 ton and the payload was 25 ton. now it is 44 ton and the payload is still only 29 ton :question:

Bigger tanks weigh more unladen. :wink:

Lucy:
Bigger tanks weigh more unladen. :wink:

Trust you :smiley:

I think its more to do with all the health and safety crap, like side guards and hi viz vests :stuck_out_tongue:

Some tankers do weigh more, but there are a lot of modern tanks weighing less than an old UB road barrel, its the amount of nickel and lead they had to use in the stainless manufacture.

Also when I started i had 4 axles with twin wheels, and now eveyone is using 6 axles with lighter single wheels.

Wheel Nut:
Nothing wrong with transalliance, I just needed a fresh challenge so I am going back to tankers :stuck_out_tongue:

The problem with bulk loads is the amount of weight the customer requires us to move.

The daft thing is when I started driving the weight limit was 32 ton, and I could carry 21 ton payload. Then it went up to 38 ton and the payload was 25 ton. now it is 44 ton and the payload is still only 29 ton :question:

are you back on with lewis tankers or is it a secret.

Coffeeholic:

Gurner:
where as a FM is a lower cab with a big hump in the middle.

And often one behind the steering wheel as well. :wink: :smiley:

Only if you’re really lucky :laughing: .

Salut, David.

Spardo:

Coffeeholic:

Gurner:
where as a FM is a lower cab with a big hump in the middle.

And often one behind the steering wheel as well. :wink: :smiley:

Only if you’re really lucky :laughing: .

Salut, David.

Merde
David :stuck_out_tongue:

The hump, should read Lump :smiley:

No secret Jessie, its Van Den Bosch