Volvo F86

Wheel Nut:
Just another nice looking example on a Polish website. Drivers complain of huge mirrors now, when these came out the comments were similar, they gave the best view ever

The F88 behind is on the F88 thread

Wow, Wheel Nut, that’s a very beautiful Lorry as have been well restored.

Lars-Gunnar :slight_smile:

thought this deserved a posting on here…

ramone:
Theres FB86 flatbed rotting away in Leeds , i pass it every day i think its a N reg .Good luck with the restoration i remember my dad getting 1 it was ex Gordon Tune FFU *** L like a Rolls Royce compared with the Mandator he had ,power steering ,heater and radio but didnt pull any better than the AEC , mind at 6.7 litres its hardly suprising .The Carruthers F86 is a credit to its restorer[/quote Phil, heres a picture of the F86 in Leeds,i cant get any closer so its of poor quality but the gates are locked and there never seems to be anyone in,ive sent you a couple of pms on how to get there i dont know if youve received them.

thanks for the picture of the 86,I have not got any of the pm,s so could you please try again or drop me an email at
philipallanby@yahoo.co.uk
thanks Phil

well i spoke to guy that owns f86 in leeds bout year ago said there was bit of a court case (dispute with family ) but he would like to sell but coodnt at time was quite rough wen up close to it needs a new cab really

Jimmy Riddle was the term drivers used around here for a ■■■■■. Thought I’d share that with you.

Jimmy Riddle = piddle

Some pictures of my '86 in stages of its restoration. And the original photos of my uncles one which I copied.

And now for the real ones we copied…

mrken:
Some pictures of my '86 in stages of its restoration. And the original photos of my uncles one which I copied.

Have you put an AEC badge on the front of yours? :wink:

mrken:

Have you put an AEC badge on the front of yours? :wink:

Thanks for the photos,the step and the wheelarch photos are a big help because mine is all plate and filler.on the plus side I have found the engine stop,its a bit of wire sticking out of the back of the cab. I will post some more pics over the weekend
Phil

Philip Allanby:
Thanks for the photos,the step and the wheelarch photos are a big help because mine is all plate and filler.on the plus side I have found the engine stop,its a bit of wire sticking out of the back of the cab. I will post some more pics over the weekend
Phil

Did you get my e mail Phil?

Yes Ramone I did put the AEC winged badge on the front thats it in the first picture

Yes Ramone I got the email thanks so I will see what I need then go and see
Phil

mrken:
Yes Ramone I did put the AEC winged badge on the front thats it in the first picture

It looks better than it probably did when it was new

Looks great ramone cracking job brings back memories.

i remember my stepdad coming home in one of those , full kitchen pack aswell … good grief … :open_mouth:

Hi guys stumbled across this forum and have joined.
I remember the 86 my dad had it was a 6 wheeler with single drive rear axle and I spent many a happy weekend helping fix it and keep it going when it was retired it sported a rebuilt cab and good running engine it was a shame
Keep up the good work on the restoration front biggest problem I remember is the wheels small centres and did suffer cracking

Welcome vougese39!

You say the F86 Lorry were 3-axle and were driven on the first rear axle. The last axle were it a sort of axle as one could hoists up as is common in Sweden? We used to save the tyres when it not rolls.

Lars-Gunnar :slight_smile:

Hi made a start on the passenger side of the cab!(http://i72.photobucket.com/album![](http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i178/M449TJA/Volvo%20F86/CIMG0704.jpg[/im![](http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i178/M449TJA/Volvo%20F86/CIMG0700.jpg)g]s/i178/M449TJA/Volvo%20F86/CIMG0700.jpg)

so a bit to do before the test)

Philip Allanby:
Hi made a start on the passenger side of the cab

so a bit to do before the test

I just rearranged your image tags for you, looking good so far.