Volvo F10,F12,F16

Few more still plodding on in Russia

pete 359:

carryfast-yeti:
on friday,i spotted an F10 or F12,pulling a container.driver was having a break in a lay-by on the A34. x or y reg i think. has anyone any info on that one please?

hi,
If it’s the light blue one? he has owned it from new.From southampton.
regards andrew.

Think it is an F12 belonging to Ian Lawson, Harvey

These 3 were in Finland and still in use and very good condition as well

fleet.jpg
Gotta love that picture, outstanding! All it needs is a 3300 Space Cab in the line up and, in my humble opinion, you would have the three best trucks ever made!! :smiley: :smiley:… (and the F10 was pretty cool too!!) :wink:

3 generations
IMG_9213.JPG

Picked this up yesterday, got a few little jobs to do but should be at the retro truck show

flickr.com/photos/158358929 … res/669GVo

The TN team were sent this rather nice piece last week. It seems appropriate to share it on this thread. Perhaps someone can furnish us with a picture (or two) to go with the letter. The writer mentions the Older wagons still earning their corn thread, so here’s the link to that:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=88799&hilit=corn

Robert

Hi there, I’m not a member but I just wanted to bring this to you attention and maybe you would feel it worthy of a post/update if possible.
I work for a aircraft company based near Salisbury and I saw Ian Lawson today who is a lovely, kind man who is a pleasure to work with and is still driving his 1979 Volvo F12 (previously posted about by ainacs on ‘Older wagon still earning their corn’).
His company is based in Southampton and we try and employ him for all our logistical needs. and his truck is currently on 4.6million miles and still going strong. In fact it’s last annual truck service (DOT inspection?) only failed on headlight alignment!
Ian said how an employee for Volvo spotted the truck and took a photo before running it through Volvo’s database to track Ian down hoping to write an article on him and the truck as a testament to Volvo and Mr Lawson.
I hope you find this as impressive as I have and if you feel it worthy enough to post on trucknetuk that your members enjoy it too.
Kind regards,

Laurie Bennett

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody spotted the Ausie F16 6x4 listed on ebay a couple of weeks back? Was intending to view but seller pulled auction early…
Very nearly took the plunge a few years ago on a Euro import but wobbled with it being LHD. Anyway, got me thinking how much would it cost to bring in a truck from down under. Probably eye watering but would be interesting to know - if anyone has been down this route please advise.

Cheers,
Phil.

ERF-NGC-European:
The TN team were sent this rather nice piece last week. It seems appropriate to share it on this thread. Perhaps someone can furnish us with a picture (or two) to go with the letter. The writer mentions the Older wagons still earning their corn thread, so here’s the link to that:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=88799&hilit=corn

Robert

Hi there, I’m not a member but I just wanted to bring this to you attention and maybe you would feel it worthy of a post/update if possible.
I work for a aircraft company based near Salisbury and I saw Ian Lawson today who is a lovely, kind man who is a pleasure to work with and is still driving his 1979 Volvo F12 (previously posted about by ainacs on ‘Older wagon still earning their corn’).
His company is based in Southampton and we try and employ him for all our logistical needs. and his truck is currently on 4.6million miles and still going strong. In fact it’s last annual truck service (DOT inspection?) only failed on headlight alignment!

Ian said how an employee for Volvo spotted the truck and took a photo before running it through Volvo’s database to track Ian down hoping to write an article on him and the truck as a testament to Volvo and Mr Lawson.
I hope you find this as impressive as I have and if you feel it worthy enough to post on trucknetuk that your members enjoy it too.
Kind regards,

Laurie Bennett

Hi Laurie,
Thanks to Robert for posting this.
You are quite right Ian is a smashing chap,I shipped out with him in 1979 on his first trip with WHO 501 V and he said it would be the last lorry he would buy,which seems to be true,it certainly has done him well.
Here’s a picture of him tipping in Southampton.

Regards
Richard

Here is another shot taken in Volvo’s in Southampton M.C.Truck & Bus by me with a chance meeting and chat with Ian Lawson a few months back, sat in the truck and it certainly brought back a few memories, Buzzer

Thanks for your responses MaggieD and Buzzer! Robert

Euro trotter in St Petersburg

image.jpg

One of the first in the fleet.

I know this isn’t an F series but I saw this one getting about Kingston a few weeks ago when I was out with dad.
H…

First day of the school holidays today so I was up at 4 with dad and caught these to old timers getting about

H…

Aussietruckphotos:
First day of the school holidays today so I was up at 4 with dad and caught these to old timers getting about

H…

Great pics “Aussietruckphotos” thanks for posting them ! More please. :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Deanb, I’ve started my own thread on the Transport Photos Forum. Dad said I can use some of his old stuff as well,which will give me access to about 12,000 photos so far. When I go with him in the truck I usually take about 150 photos a day. Out of that I’ll get about 30 that aren’t to bad.
H…

Eurotrotter with trailer :