visas

Hi Bobby, just checked my passport, last visa I had was in 2011, that cost £70.00. & was valid for 6 months, ( multi entry),
got it through Cye Elliot. 0207 229 4784

Dave.

toby1234abc:
Seems odd, as a truck driver, you are not employed by an employer in Turkey but on the other hand you are working there and not a tourist.
How does it work for a Turkish driver driving in TIR and non TIR countries, will he need a work visa to drive in the UK ?

It’s not a work visa, it’s a TIR-driver’s visa (or at least it was when I was doing it). It’s different because the Turks have a special system of linking the driver with his lorry, the details of which are entered on your passport upon entry and exit. Technically, the lorry and driver are not meant to leave the country without each other. Robert

robert1952:

toby1234abc:
Seems odd, as a truck driver, you are not employed by an employer in Turkey but on the other hand you are working there and not a tourist.
How does it work for a Turkish driver driving in TIR and non TIR countries, will he need a work visa to drive in the UK ?

It’s not a work visa, it’s a TIR-driver’s visa (or at least it was when I was doing it). It’s different because the Turks have a special system of linking the driver with his lorry, the details of which are entered on your passport upon entry and exit. Technically, the lorry and driver are not meant to leave the country without each other. Robert

The same is valid for going into Turkey in a car.

milodon:
okay then, no visa needed for estonians as tourists either, but I still have two passports from the time I use to do Turkey regular and one passport was waiting in the embassy for a visa for weeks while I used the other one to go to ukraine, balkans etc

I have also 2 passports because Russian visa now takes 2 weeks to get, before it was 2 hours…

As Robert said you will need a truck transit visa get one for 12 months from embassy in London , you used to get in Greece but now only in London embassy

toureg123:
As Robert said you will need a truck transit visa get one for 12 months from embassy in London , you used to get in Greece but now only in London embassy

Hello Bobby.
As said above, you have to go in person to the Turkish Embassy in London. No other way anymore.
Right hand drive BG reg !!! Fred springs to mind… :laughing: :laughing:
Best regards
Gav

GS OVERLAND:

not a rare sight, this one I saw in Gebze customs in 2008:

milodon:

GS OVERLAND:

not a rare sight, this one I saw in Gebze customs in 2008:

I last cleared there in 2002. It was a sea of mud! Robert