Very rare job perks

Don’t do too bad on the dray work, customers usually happy to get you a drink, on one of our runs usually the lads get a free breakfast. And the company often gives away free beers, also had the full brewery tour experience plus lunches etc

Years ago I worked for durers jam. Had a house full of the stuff for years.
As if one jar was damaged the whole pallet was binned in fear of other maybe being conraminated. Yet 90% of the pallet was fine but didn’t matter some one used sort them out put decent ones in rest room help yourself.
Don’t exist now but they used make jam for kwiksave and Tescos . All the same stuff just a different label

Used to collect from British American tobacco in Liverpool years ago, always got two packs of cigarettes when you signed your paperwork.

When doing collections of wine, champagne etc in Spain in France heading to Scandinavia, a free bottle or two was not unheard of. Sometimes three or four even :sunglasses:

Staying with local families when the truck was in customs for a week several times in the poorest parts of Ukraine, a weekend of drunken debauchery in Serbia as a guest of the client, a local gangster… loads more I’ve forgotten already.

Yeah the EE work surely beats tramping in the west for entertainment.

While doing ship deliveries I have spent 10 days in Casablanca, 6 weeks Gibraltar, 7 weeks Las Palmas, 8 days Agadir, 2 very long weeks Algeria !