Varifocal Lenses

Supatramp:
Varifocals? What’s to get used with them, great things wouldn’t now have anything else. They need to be set accordingly though, adjusted to your face.

Thats right 4 eyes , I love my varifocals and wear them all the time apart from when i had the eye test during my medical , but still passed.
I went to specsavers , bumped into everyone before getting 2 for the price of 1 , had to take them back to get the reading area at the bottom increased , but like you say , you can adjust the two things that rest on your nose until you find a position on your face that suits you best

I have been using varifocals with reactions lenses for the last 15 years, took a few days to get used to them but would never never go back to regular specs. Specsavers offer a better quality lens that you have to pay a bit more for and this does not suffer from the soft focus at the sides issue with the cheaper varifocals. Cost me around £200 for one pair with all the options, worth every penny!
As said in an earlier comment steps, and kerbs can take some getting used to.

Im not saying its absolutely the best deal but the Specsavers deal suited me. Pay for one pair if varifocals and a second pair (same prescription) is free. Pay a few quid for a tint and normal and sunglasses all sorted. I didnt go for polaroid or reactolites. From past experience neither work too well behind a windscreen. Coatings are at "add on" prices true , but the frames are well marked with prices so nasty surprises on that score. Price is always an issue but a one off cost for summat you need, and that should last a coupla years aint too bad.

Used varifoculs glasses then switched to varifoculs contact lenses with a free trial contact lenses are far better in my opinion use monthly lenses which you take out each night

I have varifocals from Specsavers so got the equivalent sunglasses free, also paid the extra to have the widest vision lenses and have no problem with them. I do use contact lenses but not for driving as at night the glare from headlights seems quite bad, just use them on roller coasters which we do a lot of as glasses are a pain to keep on lol.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The old adage of “buy cheap,buy twice” springs to mind.
I got cheapies from Tesco…absolute crap.Quite expensive from Specsavers…adequate but limited.
So I sold my wife’s wedding ring and Ipad to buy a top of the range pair from Foresight :laughing: :laughing:
Mega bucks,but the best lenses I’ve ever had :sunglasses:

Lens quality and price is a lot better pound-for-pound than it was even just a decade ago.

Cut-throat competition between Specsavers and Vision Express would account for a lot of that drive-down in prices.

I like the way you get a “no bull” service in these establishments now too. :slight_smile:

Asda opticians have superb frames and varifocal lenses at an unbelievable price.