valencia

The trouble with going via Lyon is that you also have to transit Paris, so you run the risk of being stopped by that horrible ginger Scottish motorcycle copper and being told “Ahhhh’ll teach yon Sassenachs tae stay oot o ma hoose and awa’ fra’ ma wee wifey!” before being fined an extortionate amount of euros for some minor offence.

can you not go reims-lyon ?

Not Reims- Reims is in the Champagne region to the south-east of Paris. Presumably you mean Rouen but once you choose to transit Rouen there are then two available routes, Lyon isn’t on either.

If you want to go via Lyon then you have to make that choice within 10 minutes of getting off of the ferry at Calais and head for Paris.

Harry Monk:
Not Reims- Reims is in the Champagne region to the south-east of Paris…

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: …you been on the special brew again Harry■■?

Riems is well North East of Paris!!

Keep going out of Calais until you get to the Arras split, then instead of going South to Paris on the A1, keep going ahead (A26■■) past Saint Quentin, to Reims, Troyes, Dijon then join the Autoroute coming south from Paris at Beaune. Keep heading south to Lyon,that “used” to be the way!! :laughing: :wink:

Havent been down that way for years, but it was the (boring) alternative to going around Paris!!

bullitt:

Harry Monk:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: …you been on the special brew again Harry■■?

Yes, but obviously when I said south-east, what I really meant was north-east.

(My ex taught me this method of argument :wink: )

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah, I`ve had the same conversation myself!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

bullitt:

Harry Monk:

Keep going out of Calais until you get to the Arras split, then instead of going South to Paris on the A1, keep going ahead (A26■■) past Saint Quentin, to Reims, Troyes, Dijon then join the Autoroute coming south from Paris at Beaune. Keep heading south to Lyon,that “used” to be the way!! :laughing: :wink:

Havent been down that way for years, but it was the (boring) alternative to going around Paris!!

Yep thats the way I go

yes that what i meant to avoid paris,although as has been said its one boring boring road.

Hello…yes Bullits route is good i used to do that myself…but as i drive for an irish company can i undercut your time to valencie by 10hrs…Ha ha…over

bullitt:

Harry Monk:

I’m pleased you put harry right on Reims, :laughing: I’d feel bad telling you guys who are vastly more experienced than me the geography of France. :laughing: Reims has one of the motorsport truckies favourite haunts, that is the Ibis and Novotel hotels at Tiniqueux (sp) both have the same car park which hotel you stay in depends on you bosses budget and if they let you have seperate rooms. :smiley:

unless the original poster works for a race team who’s budget is usually quite high i’m sure most drivers would choose the cheaper route through spain with better parking and better food.
after all the english lads like mark pick and CnJ use the route i gave to do the ford factory at valencia.
you can make the job pay a bit better by using less tolls even if you don’t own the truck the more the boss saves the more inclined he’ll be to keep you on?
the route through france has some spectacular sights like the millau viaduct though so its down to cheap and quick or long and luxurious :smiley: