V.d. Vlist heavy haulage

pv83:

ERF-Continental:
Good input and agree on DAF lacking the heavy end…but had the opportunity to acquire GINAF…

See for more older pics of Holtrop-Assen (Huub Holtrop was on same school in Venlo as I was) on
the Verheul-thread as well as the FTF-website! When we were co-students their fleet was Scania!

ftftrucks.com/content/23900/ … rzicht.pdf

Hiya,

I just might have a picture of that FTF they’ve once owned, I will search my vast collection for it :smiley:
Long time ago then eh, those school days I reckon :laughing:
Which one do you prefer to then, the DAF or the GINAF?

Patrick

Patrick,

Sorry I skipped your post…well to be honest I then would prefer GINAF for their tailor-made-approach
as DAF the really ‘neglected’ the heavy part of the market and abandonned to take over GINAF. DAF is so
numbers-driven as a NSYE-company within Paccar that they prefer the bulk and not the niche markets.

To be extremely honest…Autocar, FTF and FAUN were the happy few to serve the market days by gone

School was 1981-1984 with many sons of welknown transport-companies as Snel, Vos, Gentenaar, Simons,…

Dirty Dan:
Hi Patrik,good to see ypu back! And great pics to cant get enough of them :smiley:

Hiya Danne, many thanks for the “welcome back” mate :sunglasses:
And don’t you worry about those pics, I’ve got some more up my sleeve… :laughing:

ERF-Continental:

pv83:

ERF-Continental:
Good input and agree on DAF lacking the heavy end…but had the opportunity to acquire GINAF…

See for more older pics of Holtrop-Assen (Huub Holtrop was on same school in Venlo as I was) on
the Verheul-thread as well as the FTF-website! When we were co-students their fleet was Scania!

ftftrucks.com/content/23900/ … rzicht.pdf

Hiya,

I just might have a picture of that FTF they’ve once owned, I will search my vast collection for it :smiley:
Long time ago then eh, those school days I reckon :laughing:
Which one do you prefer to then, the DAF or the GINAF?

Patrick

Patrick,

Sorry I skipped your post…well to be honest I then would prefer GINAF for their tailor-made-approach
as DAF the really ‘neglected’ the heavy part of the market and abandonned to take over GINAF. DAF is so
numbers-driven as a NSYE-company within Paccar that they prefer the bulk and not the niche markets.

To be extremely honest…Autocar, FTF and FAUN were the happy few to serve the market days by gone

No worries mate :slight_smile: , I see what you mean, but I always had the idea that DAF after the takeover by Paccar was more into making high production, but sure enough when it comes down to specific wishes you’re better of with Ginaf or Terberg I suppose, but just look at what the Volvo lads are doing, you can buy a 8 wheeler these days for heavy haulage and you don’t have to take it to other firms for building up other equipment, and that does work doesn’t it, 'cause they’re selling quite a lot these days.
It’s still a shame that the production of the mighty FTF’s stopped in the 90’s, I wonder what happens if they consider to build them again, would that sell again…'cause as far I understand they weren’t the most comfy tractors around :stuck_out_tongue:

Again as in earlier days…third parties are nowadays involved in extra axles and other configurations,
as now MAN is very succesful in the lower countries…Volvo depends too much on the old school boys
and also emphasize on the bulk of the big pie.

I await the day that VW intrudes the EUR-market when their daughters (Scania and MAN) are ready
to go more global! That will be the day!

ERF-Continental:
Again as in earlier days…third parties are nowadays involved in extra axles and other configurations,
as now MAN is very succesful in the lower countries…Volvo depends too much on the old school boys
and also emphasize on the bulk of the big pie.

I await the day that VW intrudes the EUR-market when their daughters (Scania and MAN) are ready
to go more global! That will be the day!

I reckon that’s going to be a long time waiting then :smiley: I for one would like to see that brasilian VW truck on our roads, looks like a massive tractor :slight_smile:
Or what about the Ford that’s being build in Turkey, it’s not near a transconti but I bet it’s good enough for the job…

Hi Patrick, you have some good photo,s on here i always thought the dutch had good motors and never short of tackle to do the job.Holland was always easy going not many hills.Here,s a photo of the daf i used to drive when i worked at colletts.

Cheer,s Richard.

scud:
0Hi Patrick, you have some good photo,s on here i always thought the dutch had good motors and never short of tackle to do the job.Holland was always easy going not many hills.Here,s a photo of the daf i used to drive when i worked at colletts.

Cheer,s Richard.

Hiya Richard,

Cracking photo you’ve got there mate, what a beaty that 3600 :stuck_out_tongue: Do you’ve got some more photo’s of that DAF? Collet did had some fine lorries back in the day, nowadays it’s al MAN’s? Still proper motors though :slight_smile: You’re not working for them anymore then?
Yeay, the mainstay is all flat in Holland, we’ve got some hills down south, but I’m always on my way in France or the U.K. And hauling about 75t uphill takes some time when you’ve just got 420bhp (my first lorrie at v.d. Vlist), but it got better, the DAF was a 480bhp… and from that it’s a long way down to a 400bhp :neutral_face:

Patrick

Some more from the ancient period :stuck_out_tongue:

58257_529134753785536_1157860096_n.jpg

19188_529134707118874_1294748738_n.jpg

86bf5.jpg

1195_529379707094374_1714033220_n.jpg

Wow im loving them old ones! Well since you liked this one from my own threde,i Put it here to :smiley:
You should have heard it pull avway,ohh what a great sound it made :smiley: i would love to here it pull away and have 30000kg on the trailer :smiley:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Dirty Dan:
Wow im loving them old ones! Well since you liked this one from my own threde,i Put it here to :smiley:
You should have heard it pull avway,ohh what a great sound it made :smiley: i would love to here it pull away and have 30000kg on the trailer :smiley:

What a stunner Danne :laughing: , looks fantastic :exclamation:
Yeah, all the old engines seem to have that fantastic sound, and all that with a standard exhaust :stuck_out_tongue: , how different is that compaired to these days with all that euro 4/5/6 crap… I’ve still got that sound off a Scania 112 my dad once had ringing in my ears, pure music :smiley:
But let’s not forget the Gardner, ■■■■■■■ or RR engines, just search youtube for that, I’m sure you won’t have to listen to the radio for a couple off hours :stuck_out_tongue:

Well memorys eh,still can remember dads Scania141 twinstacks you could her him pull away from a roundabout 12km from home :smiley: you could hear that turbo wiseling for miles :smiley:

Danne

Dirty Dan:
Well memorys eh,still can remember dads Scania141 twinstacks you could her him pull away from a roundabout 12km from home :smiley: you could hear that turbo wiseling for miles :smiley:

Danne

We’re nothing without those memories Danne :laughing: and might I just say what a cracking beauty you’re old man used to drive, suburb :smiley:
Here’s some from my dad in the end of the 80’s and early 90’s

He later switched to another company were he was given a Volvo F12 Globetrotter :stuck_out_tongue:

And come to speak of great engine sounds, I’ve always been a great enthousiast of the mighty Scammell Crusaders, and happily enough I came across this one at the Locomotion en Fete fair in France :stuck_out_tongue:

pv83:
Hiya,

I’ve been a member for about a week now, and I must say, I’ve came across some cracking pics :smiley:
Esspecially the ones from the '80’s en 90’s era 'cause that takes me back to my own childhood, running along with my dad in his Scania 112h and later on a Volvo F12, those were the days…
And let’s not forget the pics of the mighty ERF’s, Foden’s and Scammells, never saw those much abroad…

However, I’m a lorry driver myself for about 10 odd years know, and I’ve been working most of that time for dutch heavy haulier v.d. Vlist and I was just wondering if any body has got some pics of v.d. Vlist doing transports in the U.K.

Here are some pics of transports I’ve done myself.

Regards, Patrick

Hi pv83, welcome mate, got a couple of piccs 4u, these I took whilst doin a Job In R/Dam, waiting on the dock at Wallhaven, Regards Chris

pv83:
He later switched to another company were he was given a Volvo F12 Globetrotter :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh did he do the Kazakstan run! I wish i had done that! There is a whole threde about it on here somewere,i’ll bump it for you if you what :smiley: :smiley:

CJA1:

pv83:
Hiya,

I’ve been a member for about a week now, and I must say, I’ve came across some cracking pics :smiley:
Esspecially the ones from the '80’s en 90’s era 'cause that takes me back to my own childhood, running along with my dad in his Scania 112h and later on a Volvo F12, those were the days…
And let’s not forget the pics of the mighty ERF’s, Foden’s and Scammells, never saw those much abroad…

However, I’m a lorry driver myself for about 10 odd years know, and I’ve been working most of that time for dutch heavy haulier v.d. Vlist and I was just wondering if any body has got some pics of v.d. Vlist doing transports in the U.K.

Regards, Patrick

Hi pv83, welcome mate, got a couple of piccs 4u, these I took whilst doin a Job In R/Dam, waiting on the dock at Wallhaven, Regards Chris

Circa about 80/3/4 ish Chris

Wow that Merc is a real beast! Nice to see :smiley:

Danne

CJA1:

pv83:
Hiya,

Regards, Patrick

Hiya Chris

Many thanks for the pics sir :smiley: Might I ask if there’s anymore :blush:

Patrick