V.d. Vlist heavy haulage

pv83:
No, that’s not mine, I was given a older model ( see pic’s further up this page), fortunately so, I’m not all that chuffed about that newish muck :wink:

Aye, the 12 wheeler, only 2 were build, this one and one with a lowered P-cab, the one pictured was withdraw from active service 2 years ago, think it’s stored somewhere now.
The idea to create this unit was to reduce the use of extra dollies and therefore to reduce the overal length, plan didn’t take of though, France didn’t even allow the unit on it’s roads, for the simple reason that such a machine doesn’t excist in the French law…

Only 2 years service from a motor like that, ouch!! List’s should have had a word with the Earl of Bretagne, he would have sorted the French authorities out :wink:

Patrick,
Here is a couple for you, suit you my lad!

6886933119_f0f1a5dda7.jpg

pete smith:

pv83:
No, that’s not mine, I was given a older model ( see pic’s further up this page), fortunately so, I’m not all that chuffed about that newish muck :wink:

Aye, the 12 wheeler, only 2 were build, this one and one with a lowered P-cab, the one pictured was withdraw from active service 2 years ago, think it’s stored somewhere now.
The idea to create this unit was to reduce the use of extra dollies and therefore to reduce the overal length, plan didn’t take of though, France didn’t even allow the unit on it’s roads, for the simple reason that such a machine doesn’t excist in the French law…

Only 2 years service from a motor like that, ouch!! List’s should have had a word with the Earl of Bretagne, he would have sorted the French authorities out :wink:

Oh no, hang on, reckon it did sterling work for 10/11 years Pete, would have been a financial disaster if it went out of service after only 2 years…
And indeed, if only the Duke of Bretagne sorted it out for us eh :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nice pic’s mate, would have been quite the ride I back in the day :wink:

pv83:

pete smith:

pv83:

Oh no, hang on, reckon it did sterling work for 10/11 years Pete, would have been a financial disaster if it went out of service after only 2 years…
And indeed, if only the Duke of Bretagne sorted it out for us eh :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nice pic’s mate, would have been quite the ride I back in the day :wink:

Ooop’s read your message wrong Patrick :smiley:

The right colour for you Patrick, better than the Volvo would you think?

Hard work for a 420?

pete smith:

Well, as we all know, DAF is always better… doesn’t matter who the opponent is :laughing: :laughing: Right, I’ll get me coat…

pete smith:
Hard work for a 420?

I might be wrong (as usual) but I reckon those engines were “tweaked”, they nearly had a output of 500hp after a visit to the doctor…

pv83:

pete smith:

Well, as we all know, DAF is always better… doesn’t matter who the opponent is :laughing: :laughing: Right, I’ll get me coat…

Hmm well evan if im in the Volvo now and like it alot,i would like a Daf as my next truck. Maby not to pull my 5axl but if i maby down size my loads and have a 4axl stepdeck trombon :wink:

Danne

Dirty Dan:

pv83:

pete smith:

Hmm well evan if im in the Volvo now and like it alot,i would like a Daf as my next truck. Maby not to pull my 5axl but if i maby down size my loads and have a 4axl stepdeck trombon :wink:

Danne

There there Danne, you bloody well know that a DAF is capable of pulling all sort of weights… it just takes a wee bit longer :wink:
They did upgraded the engine range though, I sat today in a new 106 SuperSpaceCab and it was fitted with a 480hp engine instead of the 460hp… and just talking about the cab, there’s absolutely nothing that can beat the old DAF cab when it comes to interior space…

I agree with you there Patrick, re DAF cab, despite it being Dutch :wink:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pv83:

Dirty Dan:

pv83:

pete smith:

Danne

There there Danne, you bloody well know that a DAF is capable of pulling all sort of weights… it just takes a wee bit longer :wink:
They did upgraded the engine range though, I sat today in a new 106 SuperSpaceCab and it was fitted with a 480hp engine instead of the 460hp… and just talking about the cab, there’s absolutely nothing that can beat the old DAF cab when it comes to interior space…

Haha well time is money time is money my friend :laughing: I acctually did a test driv of the new SSC 480 last week and just loved it!
The space in the cab is great and great ride, it was a empty unit so i really would like to try one loaded.

Danne

jsutherland:

Thank you very much Herr Sutherland…but what’s with the “despite being Dutch” phrase… :wink:

As you say Danne, time is money… and that’s the main problem with the industry right there :wink:

Would be chuffed to swop me Volvo for a new DAF, that’s about the only marque that still put’s a decent looking lorry on the road… wouldn’t want one with a auto 'box though… :laughing:

pv83:
As you say Danne, time is money… and that’s the main problem with the industry right there :wink:

Would be chuffed to swop me Volvo for a new DAF, that’s about the only marque that still put’s a decent looking lorry on the road… wouldn’t want one with a auto 'box though… :laughing:

Yeah it sure is isnt. Al rush rush rush,no plans just no thinking at al so its like we are running around puting fires al the time…
And i to would love a new Daf and as the the boss is thinking of one more stepdecktrombon im thinking maby that would be nice to have. :open_mouth:
As for the gearbox a liked the one with 16gears that i had in my old 95 :smiley:

Danne

pv83:

jsutherland:

Thank you very much Herr Sutherland…but what’s with the “despite being Dutch” phrase… :wink:

Ooops, forgot you are not Dutch. Bummer, put my foot in it.

jsutherland:

pv83:

jsutherland:

Ooops, forgot you are not Dutch. Bummer, put my foot in it.

Sst Johnny, if they found out about that, I’ll be kicked out… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Time to hit the archives once again :wink:

v.d vlist.12.JPG

v.d vlist.13.JPG

v.d vlist.69.JPG

Nice one Herr Patrick. Some nice pictures there