V.d. Vlist heavy haulage

DEANB:
Is this one Patrick, as no sign writing ?

Surely is Dean, nice find mate! Posted some pic’s of the FTF’s that were in the fleet some pages back, including this one, haven’t seen this particular pic before though, ta mate.

It was bought as a second hand, previous owner was Koole, when their operations went ■■■■ up, vlist purchased this one, don’t know if there were plans to put the stripes on as well, they only resprayed it (cab was blue originally) and put the old logo on the doors… did it’s fair share of work, think it was eventually sold on to another heavy haulage firm…

In that case heres a couple more Patrick.

Bloody hell mate, where did you find these gems then eh… :wink:

Heres a couple Patrick.

Looking at the first picture DeanB we can get an impression of what a great life Patrick must have :wink:

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

jsutherland:
Looking at the first picture DeanB we can get an impression of what a great life Patrick must have :wink:

Yes i think you are probably right ! Lets face it he is always on here so cant be doing alot !! :smiley:

:smiley:

Oi! You ungrateful…er…whippersnappers! I just put a whole sort of documentary together about life on the road and posted it on the Saviem thread and this is how you lot thank me?!

That first pic is all about hard working, did you ever tried to sit and lay down all day in the sun…? Thought so… :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

And if one’s going back home on the back of a low loader, well there’s not much to do then eh… :wink:

20170316_185652.jpg

20170316_122159.jpg

20170316_095714.jpg

20170314_113848.jpg

20170314_113814.jpg

20170313_160743.jpg

We are just jealous about the once every five years time you get to sit back in the sun and ‘relax’ :smiley:

Serious question, because I don;t know the answer, who puts the machines on the trailer?

Patrick,i had a look at your trip on Saviems thread ! I really miss driving through France,loved the routiers !

How much roughly did the Volvo tracked machine weigh and how much does your outfit weigh empty ■■

Driver-Once-More:
Serious question, because I don;t know the answer, who puts the machines on the trailer?

Well most of the time i do it my self,maninly because the operator has gone home or it goes faster when i do it myself. But thats me. But ithink thats how it works pretty mutch every were.

Danne

jsutherland:
We are just jealous about the once every five years time you get to sit back in the sun and ‘relax’ :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DEANB:
Patrick,i had a look at your trip on Saviems thread ! I really miss driving through France,loved the routiers !

How much roughly did the Volvo tracked machine weigh and how much does your outfit weigh empty ■■

That’s absolutely one of the best thing’s about this job Dean, driving over the RN’S and stop for the night at some proper Les Routiers!

That digger is the 50-52t range, with this trailer I’m 28t when empty.

Dirty Dan:

Driver-Once-More:

Well most of the time i do it my self,maninly because the operator has gone home or it goes faster when i do it myself. But thats me. But ithink thats how it works pretty mutch every were.

Danne

Same here, most of the time you’ll have to do it yourself…which I actually prefer.

pv83:

DEANB:

That’s absolutely one of the best thing’s about this job Dean, driving over the RN’S and stop for the night at some proper Les Routiers!

80 ton all up then Patrick,what engine does the Volvo have ■■ I take it you are limited speed wise at that
weight ?

DEANB:

pv83:

DEANB:

80 ton all up then Patrick,what engine does the Volvo have ■■ I take it you are limited speed wise at that
weight ?

13L 480bhp mate, it might be a bit underpowered, but she pulls like a train!

Aye, speed is limited, if you’re CAT1 you can do 80 km/h (on the motorway, limited to 3m width), for CAT2 it’s 60 km/h, and for CAT3 which I was for this occasion, the speed is limited to a staggering 50 km/h…

Cracking pic by the way! That particular driver retired some 2 years ago, he now lives in sunny and warm Thailand…