ULEZ Legality?

Gloucester may soon be getting a CAZ, a pollution monitoring station is to be built and this appears to be the first steps in introducing the CAZ…

gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n … f5j7yjUDXg

Stephenjp:
Gloucester may soon be getting a CAZ, a pollution monitoring station is to be built and this appears to be the first steps in introducing the CAZ…

gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n … f5j7yjUDXg

To be fair it’s not the same thing as a car use tax imposed between Harefield to Orpington and Upminster to Chessington.

We have a CAZ for central parts of Newcastle and Gateshead. No major drama, only applies to HGVs, buses, coaches, vans and taxis, not private cars. But even then, I wouldn’t use my car to go into Newcastle city centre, it’s easier to park outside that area and use the Metro (The Tube, to non-locals)

This is from soshal meeja so its veracity may be in question. If true it’s another good way to stick it to the power crazed mullah.

Hmmm… Did the post come with a link to a service to get the CoC I wonder?

Anyone who thinks this is worth checking out would be well advised to go through
www.vehicle-certification-agency.gov.uk and not have some third-party punter do it for you, there’s a plethora of adverts out there where people charge you for something you can do yourself more cheaply or even for free.

robroy:
Nothing wrong with a bit of JUSTIFIED anarchy and resistance to unfairness and complete ■■■■ takes.

Pity we did not see more (or even some :unamused: ) of it in our OWN industry. :bulb:

Yeah! “Drivers should stick together!!”
*Disclaimer: But we don’t want to have to pay to be part of a union to do it :laughing:

London for me is a “NO GO” driving zone now due to the ULEZ. My relatively new car is non-compliant and my 500cc Yamaha also. How can a small capacity bike be more polluting than a regular car…

And on a related subject, do boats using the Thames have to be ULEZ compliant…?

Paul

sonflowerinwales:
London for me is a “NO GO” driving zone now due to the ULEZ. My relatively new car is non-compliant and my 500cc Yamaha also. How can a small capacity bike be more polluting than a regular car…

Paul

But it’s not ‘London’ it’s actually a massive area made up of what should still be Surrey, Kent, Essex, Hertfordshire and Middlesex.
Boats don’t pay it just like kerosene belching jet engines at landing, taxiing and take off power at Heathrow enough to make your eyes sting a mile or more away from the runways.

Zac_A:
We have a CAZ for central parts of Newcastle and Gateshead. No major drama, only applies to HGVs, buses, coaches, vans and taxis, not private cars. But even then, I wouldn’t use my car to go into Newcastle city centre, it’s easier to park outside that area and use the Metro (The Tube, to non-locals)

I guess there might be some ‘drama’ if the Newcastle CAZ was expanded out to beyond Morpeth.

sonflowerinwales:

Paul

There is no logic behind it.

Khan wants to act like he is doing London a favour. Especially with his scrappage scheme. But he knows full well most people commute into London to work because they can not afford to pay rent in London. Yet his scheme only applies to those living in London. lol.

adam277:

sonflowerinwales:

Paul

There is no logic behind it.

Khan wants to act like he is doing London a favour. Especially with his scrappage scheme. But he knows full well most people commute into London to work because they can not afford to pay rent in London. Yet his scheme only applies to those living in London. lol.

In most cases even the scrappage sweetener won’t cover the amount that the owner has invested in the car.
Possibly including interest payments for those who’ve bought using finance.
Even now non compliant vehicles are being advertised for sale at double or more than Kahn’s few quid.

I’m scratching my head on this one. I’m all for some random anarchy against the government, but TWO cars ago I twigged that older diesels are loathed by the powers-that-be and changed to petrol, sucking up the extra fuel consumption and car tax rate (a double hit).

Vans, that’s another matter, it is a difficult situation for a number of traders running older vans.