Ukraine [merged]

Excellent news ^^^ I’m sure that a spot of partying will take the locals minds off of the Red Army poised to crush them.

the maoster:
Excellent news ^^^ I’m sure that a spot of partying will take the locals minds off of the Red Army poised to crush them.

Strange how even Ukraine’s leader has told Biden that NATO is exaggerating the situation.
As though Biden intends to stage a war in Europe.
Bearing in mind Putin’s justified demands for NATO to stop sabre rattling on Russia’s borders.
Obviously more restrained than the US action over Cuba.
While if the intention was to ‘crush’ anyone you can bet that they won’t stop at Ukraine and it will be a combined force of Russia and China at least and maybe a few other suspects.
As would be expected after the US lost its bottle for the mutually assured destruction strategy.

the maoster:

Apparently he’s going armed with a big killer cake :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mazzer2:

the maoster:

And an invitation for Lubov Chernukhin to come visit again.
All cakes need paying for by someone.

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

the maoster:

And all Parties need funding.

“Thats why the US surrendered in Vietnam because they knew that to win would mean direct involvement of China and Russia.”

Not so. The militarily powerful US were being soundly beaten up by the “rag tag” Vietcong. The South Vietnam population mostly supported the Vietcong. The US troops were demoralised and many US youngsters became draft dodgers. The US public was certainly showing to politicians that they had had enough of seeing their young men massacred either by the Vietcong or drug abuse. People power influenced US politicians.
[/quote]
The US boots on the ground were facing PLA masquerading as VC which meant PLA numbers.
but Beijing had implied Chinese entry into the war if he did.
The USAF was fighting against Russian manned fighter aircraft and SAM batteries.
VC supply and command and control all had a large Russian and PLA content masquerading as ‘advisors’ and again the US knew that it would be WW3 if it took them all out.
The fact remains the choice for NATO was always mutually assured destruction or surrender in the event of a Russian/Chinese invasion of Europe.
Then the US lost its bottle and chose containment of Russia and appeasement of China and abandonment of the MAD strategy. Rather than risk the loss of the US homeland to a nuclear exchange.
[/quote]
Dear Carryfast, you really do spout a load of twaddle at times. Sorry, but you really do. You say “The war could have been won by air power alone if LBJ had unleashed it”. The US tried, they really did. To no avail. They were soundly beaten by Vietnamese, both North and many South, who were fighting for a cause they believed in (their freedom and liberty of self-determination). The majority of US troops did not want to be there or believe in what they were doing. Thus the drug abuse and many desertions not to mention the many who simply burned their draft papers in public in protest or did a bunk to evade it. The man I think you admire (perhaps I am wrong), Trump, did not choose to participate.

Franglais:

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

the maoster:

And all Parties need funding.

Well he could always sell the UK’s excess of killer cakes and wine after it is illegal for UK citzen to consume either of these items for their own safety

The laws broken we`re laws made up to inconvenience party goers or to make wine and cake a crime.s to consume them

As quoted by someone who only posts with 100% accuracy so yes a good way of funding his trip and raising some revenue for the UK

Mazzer2:
Well he could always sell the UK’s excess of killer cakes and wine after it is illegal for UK citzen to consume either of these items for their own safety

The laws broken we`re laws made up to inconvenience party goers or to make wine and cake a crime.s to consume them

As quoted by someone who only posts with 100% accuracy so yes a good way of funding his trip and raising some revenue for the UK

Yep, I wrote that. I should have written:

“The laws broken weren`t laws made up to inconvenience party goers or to make wine and cake a crime.
They were there to cut down mixing of people and slow the spread of Covid. They were there to save lives.”

Sorry for my typo.
If my post made you think the law was to outlaw food and drink, I apologise for causing your confusion.

But no, I`ve never claimed 100% accuracy.

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Yep, I wrote that. I should have written:

“The laws broken weren`t laws made up to inconvenience party goers or to make wine and cake a crime.
They were there to cut down mixing of people and slow the spread of Covid. They were there to save lives.”

Sorry for my typo.
If my post made you think the law was to outlaw food and drink, I apologise for causing your confusion.

But no, I`ve never claimed 100% accuracy.

Boris certainly couldn’t either!!! He might be lucky to hit 10%…

Dipster:
Dear Carryfast, you really do spout a load of twaddle at times. Sorry, but you really do. You say “The war could have been won by air power alone if LBJ had unleashed it”. The US tried, they really did. To no avail. They were soundly beaten by Vietnamese, both North and many South, who were fighting for a cause they believed in (their freedom and liberty of self-determination). The majority of US troops did not want to be there or believe in what they were doing. Thus the drug abuse and many desertions not to mention the many who simply burned their draft papers in public in protest or did a bunk to evade it. The man I think you admire (perhaps I am wrong), Trump, did not choose to participate.

You call fighting for Communism fighting for ‘freedom’ and you say I’m talking twaddle.
The infantry didn’t want to serve in Vietnam because they knew that they were being served up piecemeal to PLA numbers masquerading as VC and the kill ratio needed was unsustainable.

It was a suicide mission just like a conventional war v Russia and China would be now , on a front stretching from the Baltic to the Black Sea and against a landmass that would be impossible to occupy afterwards even if by some miracle they could beat such an advance.

All to avoid the strategic air war needed to win it including a nuclear launch against China and Russia if they had wanted WW3 over it.

IE mutually assured destruction was and is NATO’s only option.As we saw the US lost its bottle for that from the point when it chose appeasement in the form of the SALT treaties and backing down over LeMay’s plan to bomb North Vietnam back to the stone age and China if it wanted some.

So here we are with NATO ■■■■■■■ about in Russia’s back yard in the knowledge that Vietnam proved the US hasn’t even got the bottle to finish such a fight if it starts it.
The truth is theyll surrender and sell out Europe before risking the US homeland.

Dipster:
Dear Carryfast, you really do spout a load of twaddle at times. Sorry, but you really do. You say “The war could have been won by air power alone if LBJ had unleashed it”.

Obviously twaddle to someone who only knows the Soviet version of history comrade.

airforcemag.com/article/1197linebacker/

That is the facts of the matter.The US will never risk the homeland unless the homeland is threatened … like nuke missiles in Cuba.
The Vietnam War was lost before it started in that regard.Just like Europe will be if Russia and China roll and nothing short of a strategic nuke strike will stop them.Better that than surrender.

And now Boris is going to the Ukraine to give them the benefit of his wisdom and assist in their present problem. I hope he does better than he managed as Foreign Secretary and his visit to Tehran, where he screwed up the problem that Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe is facing there… I am sure she and her family were very grateful for his remarks at the time. Or not…

Dipster:
And now Boris is going to the Ukraine to give them the benefit of his wisdom and assist in their present problem. I hope he does better than he managed as Foreign Secretary and his visit to Tehran, where he screwed up the problem that Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe is facing there… I am sure she and her family were very grateful for his remarks at the time. Or not…

You can`t knock a man who is kind to animals.

Unless you were assisting the British in Afghanistan.

Franglais:

Dipster:

You can`t knock a man who is kind to animals.

It’s Brandon Biden who is running this comedy show Bozo is just there as back up.
Probably less IQ combined than a Yak.
As it stands Putin will probably invade Ireland, to use as an anti ship missile base, cutting our access to the Atlantic, before Ukraine, if Biden and Bozo don’t get out of his back yard.
It’s as though they both want to stage a fight with Russia.

Carryfast:

Monkey241:

Carryfast:
As for Churchill dragging us all into WW1 over a local Russian German argument which would have been over before it began if we had stayed well out of it, this Churchill.
We can probably transfer that opening theme and tune to Ukraine if NATO refuses to back down over moving into Ukraine.Even if Putin would stand for it his generals won’t.
dailymotion.com/video/x208lju 42.15 -

Also bearing in mind WW2 was just the sequel and America and most modern generations have no stomach for mutually assured destruction and Russia and China know it.

Ffs…how many tines?

Churchill DIDN’T drag us into WW1 [emoji1787]

Watch the video.Which clearly shows that he did including resignations by cabinet ministers over it.When ‘alliance’ France stopped working he and France played the Belgian ‘neutrality’ card and the PM bought it.

Watching the video won’t bloody well alter the history of WW1

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Carryfast:

Dipster:

Carryfast:

Monkey241:

osark:
Putin killing NATO without a shot.

zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ … ns-ukraine

reuters.com/world/europe/ge … 022-01-21/

But I guess for Germany the choice is betwenn NATO or lecky and gas

NATO is far more than just Germany; in truth German military capability is extremely limited.

“Thats why the US surrendered in Vietnam because they knew that to win would mean direct involvement of China and Russia.”

Not so. The militarily powerful US were being soundly beaten up by the “rag tag” Vietcong. The South Vietnam population mostly supported the Vietcong. The US troops were demoralised and many US youngsters became draft dodgers. The US public was certainly showing to politicians that they had had enough of seeing their young men massacred either by the Vietcong or drug abuse. People power influenced US politicians.

The US boots on the ground were facing PLA masquerading as VC which meant PLA numbers.
The war could have been won by air power alone if LBJ had unleashed it but Beijing had implied Chinese entry into the war if he did.
The USAF was fighting against Russian manned fighter aircraft and SAM batteries.
VC supply and command and control all had a large Russian and PLA content masquerading as ‘advisors’ and again the US knew that it would be WW3 if it took them all out.
The fact remains the choice for NATO was always mutually assured destruction or surrender in the event of a Russian/Chinese invasion of Europe.
Then the US lost its bottle and chose containment of Russia and appeasement of China and abandonment of the MAD strategy. Rather than risk the loss of the US homeland to a nuclear exchange.

Airpower never wins wars. Boots on the ground does that

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Monkey241:

Carryfast:

Monkey241:

Carryfast:
As for Churchill dragging us all into WW1 over a local Russian German argument which would have been over before it began if we had stayed well out of it, this Churchill.
We can probably transfer that opening theme and tune to Ukraine if NATO refuses to back down over moving into Ukraine.Even if Putin would stand for it his generals won’t.
dailymotion.com/video/x208lju 42.15 -

Also bearing in mind WW2 was just the sequel and America and most modern generations have no stomach for mutually assured destruction and Russia and China know it.

Ffs…how many tines?

Churchill DIDN’T drag us into WW1 [emoji1787]

Watch the video.Which clearly shows that he did including resignations by cabinet ministers over it.When ‘alliance’ France stopped working he and France played the Belgian ‘neutrality’ card and the PM bought it.

Watching the video won’t bloody well alter the history of WW1

The video ‘is’ the exact ’ history’ of how WW1 started.Including the bit where Germany cancelled a Western front because they ‘thought’ they had a deal that France and us would stay out of it
UK and France joined Russia against Germany FFS just as Churchill wanted and the rest is history.
Now Biden and Bozo think they can win a conventional war against Russia.
History indeed.

Monkey241:
Airpower never wins wars. Boots on the ground does that

Vietnam, Korea, Iraq and Afghanistan all say otherwise.

So why didn’t JFK mobilise his ground forces during the Cuban missile crisis only SAC and Naval forces.Why did Russia back down just faced with that threat.
Also why did NATO bother with the mutually assured destruction strategy if it thought it’s ground forces would/could win WW3.

Resisting an attack from a foreign power has clear goals.

But how would a war “won” in Vietnam have looked?
A “bombed back to the stone age” wasteland?
A country with a foreign army of occupation?
A puppet government?
Genocide?
Subjugation?
Martyrs giving rise to enemies with nothing to lose?

You don`t Win Hearts and Minds by killing more and more people.

Politicians etc say of enemies “each attack makes us stronger and more determined” then “we will beat them into submission” in the same sentence.
Pure stupidity, born of an exceptionalist mentality, that is on view elsewhere too.

Franglais:
Resisting an attack from a foreign power has clear goals.

But how would a war “won” in Vietnam have looked?
A “bombed back to the stone age” wasteland?
A country with a foreign army of occupation?
A puppet government?
Genocide?
Subjugation?
Martyrs giving rise to enemies with nothing to lose?

You don`t Win Hearts and Minds by killing more and more people.

Politicians etc say of enemies “each attack makes us stronger and more determined” then “we will beat them into submission” in the same sentence.
Pure stupidity, born of an exceptionalist mentality, that is on view elsewhere too.

“Pure stupidity, born of an exceptionalist mentality, that is on view elsewhere too.”
[/quote]
And displayed in politicians rather too close to home!