UK Licences and CPC's AFTER Brexit

You were using it as a verb, not a noun. And your reply is disingenuous as it’s obvious from context you were using it in the sense of reproving, not the dispassionate dissemination of information.

TiredAndEmotional:

pierrot 14:
Friend of mine just sent me this. It’s not your usual garbage from the broadsheets and tabloids, it’s actually from
the European Commission.

Have a read, it’s quite an eye opener as to what could be coming Britain’s way after Brexit , for those that will be driving in Europe and it will affect Owner Drivers too regarding their CPC’s, Franglais if you’re still on a UK licence have a read and any others that live here in Europe.

ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/tr … nsport.pdf

Whatever comes our way, comes our way. I’m ready and willing to take it on the chin. You’re in France apparently, the cheese eating surrender monkey place. You have no right to lecture people born and raised and resident here. You’ve made your choice, I voted for mine.

Thanks for the insult ! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I never lectured to anybody, I simply posted a pdf for others to read and then discuss, as has been done above.

And for your information TandE, I was born in the UK, Merton Park to be exact, raised and educated in England, worked in England, paid my stamps and taxes, so I’m obviously lecturing myself then :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Why do we need separate permits for different countries, we are leaving the big club, not them, so a European Community permit should still cover “us” to transit and deliver anywhere in that big club.

If they will only let us have 1000 permits then we limit them to 1000, that’s my interpretation of Bi-lateral

Wheel Nut:
Why do we need separate permits for different countries, we are leaving the big club, not them, so a European Community permit should still cover “us” to transit and deliver anywhere in that big club.

If they will only let us have 1000 permits then we limit them to 1000, that’s my interpretation of Bi-lateral

That’s one deal. Equal numbers of permit us and them. But that’s a bargaining chip. Maybe they get twice as many as us so our farmers don’t get their exports taxed? Maybe we get twice as many as them, but our fishermen loose a bit more area? Maybe permits according to country size? Each thousand we get, Fr gets 1000, Esp gets 1000, Lux gets 200? It’s all up in the air.
Remember NOTHING is agreed yet. (Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed). And the clock is ticking. 60 weeks, plus maybe another two years transition?
I hope my fears are ill founded but surely even those who are convinced we’re better out than in, can’t be that happy with our present position?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Icosakaiheptagon or 27-gon. OK I did have to google it [emoji14]

wanderingstar:
You were using it as a verb, not a noun. And your reply is disingenuous as it’s obvious from context you were using it in the sense of reproving, not the dispassionate dissemination of information.

A ticket from the grammar police! :stuck_out_tongue:

pierrot 14:

TiredAndEmotional:

pierrot 14:
Friend of mine just sent me this. It’s not your usual garbage from the broadsheets and tabloids, it’s actually from
the European Commission.

Have a read, it’s quite an eye opener as to what could be coming Britain’s way after Brexit , for those that will be driving in Europe and it will affect Owner Drivers too regarding their CPC’s, Franglais if you’re still on a UK licence have a read and any others that live here in Europe.

ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/tr … nsport.pdf

Whatever comes our way, comes our way. I’m ready and willing to take it on the chin. You’re in France apparently, the cheese eating surrender monkey place. You have no right to lecture people born and raised and resident here. You’ve made your choice, I voted for mine.

Thanks for the insult ! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I never lectured to anybody, I simply posted a pdf for others to read and then discuss, as has been done above.

And for your information TandE, I was born in the UK, Merton Park to be exact, raised and educated in England, worked in England, paid my stamps and taxes, so I’m obviously lecturing myself then :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Are you resident in the UK? As for “simply posting a pdf…” we’re all too familiar with the scare tactics of “Project Fear”…

TiredAndEmotional:
Are you resident in the UK? As for “simply posting a pdf…” we’re all too familiar with the scare tactics of “Project Fear”…

“Project Fear”■■? It was printed and released by the EC as an advisory bulletin :unamused: :unamused:

And wtf has where I live got to do with you?

pierrot 14:

TiredAndEmotional:

“Project Fear”■■? It was printed and released by the EC as an advisory bulletin :unamused: :unamused:

You want to influence what’s happening in the UK with brexit but apparently choose not to live here. That’s having your patisserie and manging it…I could ask wtf brexit has got to do with you?

bald:

acd1202:
With due respect Franglais, that isn’t how permits work. In a situation where a haulier needs a permit to load in a country he would have needed the permit to enter in the first place, so only hauliers with the correct permits take on the original load; however I see no mention of single country permits being suggested, indeed they would be illegal under single market rules. The problem arises when a third country comes into the equation, then we come to this new multi trip permit. The result is that only those hauliers who are setup with the necessary can do the work, this coupled to a possible restriction on permit numbers, although it’s in nobody’s interest to artificially restrict trade in this way, can only result in upwards pressure in rates, the haulier who is on his toes and bags these permits early can only win by it.

The problem occurs when a change of plan unexpectedly requires a permit. In 1998 I had taken a load from UK to Poland, we had a reciprocal agreement with Poland and didn’t need permits, I always returned empty to Leuna to reload since at that time tanker loads ex Poland were very rare, however on tipping I was offered a reload to Holland, I accepted forgetting that neither the Dutch nor Germans had such an agreement and so a permit was necessary, getting through Stettin proved interesting, Maybe the bottom line to this is that where there’s a will, there’s a way; there is always some unattended trainee ready for his bed at 3 am who’s ripe for duping.

You are right according permits, I just checked and a third country haulier needs a permit to do transport to and from the EU.
So let’s say a Turkish transport company has a load from Turkey to Belgium, he will need, besides his own Turkish permit a Belgium permit. If this haulier wants to reload in Germany for Turkey, he will need an additional German permit, as he can not load in Germany on his Belgian permit.
He is not allowed to do any transport between the different EU countries (This is what I meant but what I mistakenly called cabotage earlier).
Transit permits for the different EU countries are not necessary.
The number of permits for each country are limited, meaning Turkey has a certain number of german, belgian, french permits etc…

So if no agreement is reached before march 30 th 2019 deadline, the British will fall back to this scenario.

thanks for your effort and research there.

a great example of how we will be free from EU red tape and bureaucracy, oh no wait there’ll actually be far more

TiredAndEmotional:

pierrot 14:

TiredAndEmotional:

You want to influence what’s happening in the UK with brexit but apparently choose not to live here. That’s having your patisserie and manging it…I could ask wtf brexit has got to do with you?

I don’t want to influence anything, I posted the pdf (look at the title above) in case it would be informative to those that DRIVE here in Europe, be it for a UK company or European one, be it as a driver or owner drivers, with UK documentation. There is a lot in that document that states a lot of things could change in respect of their licences, permits, European Authority permits and owner drivers CPC’s, that will affect a lot of people.
And Brexit , seeing as you ask, could affect me also as my wife and eldest son are English, just thought I’d mention it.

You know what guys. If we end up with no deal , it is going to be a nightmare. Especially for our industry.

chrisdalott:

bald:

acd1202:
With due respect Franglais, that isn’t how permits work. In a situation where a haulier needs a permit to load in a country he would have needed the permit to enter in the first place, so only hauliers with the correct permits take on the original load; however I see no mention of single country permits being suggested, indeed they would be illegal under single market rules. The problem arises when a third country comes into the equation, then we come to this new multi trip permit. The result is that only those hauliers who are setup with the necessary can do the work, this coupled to a possible restriction on permit numbers, although it’s in nobody’s interest to artificially restrict trade in this way, can only result in upwards pressure in rates, the haulier who is on his toes and bags these permits early can only win by it.

The problem occurs when a change of plan unexpectedly requires a permit. In 1998 I had taken a load from UK to Poland, we had a reciprocal agreement with Poland and didn’t need permits, I always returned empty to Leuna to reload since at that time tanker loads ex Poland were very rare, however on tipping I was offered a reload to Holland, I accepted forgetting that neither the Dutch nor Germans had such an agreement and so a permit was necessary, getting through Stettin proved interesting, Maybe the bottom line to this is that where there’s a will, there’s a way; there is always some unattended trainee ready for his bed at 3 am who’s ripe for duping.

You are right according permits, I just checked and a third country haulier needs a permit to do transport to and from the EU.
So let’s say a Turkish transport company has a load from Turkey to Belgium, he will need, besides his own Turkish permit a Belgium permit. If this haulier wants to reload in Germany for Turkey, he will need an additional German permit, as he can not load in Germany on his Belgian permit.
He is not allowed to do any transport between the different EU countries (This is what I meant but what I mistakenly called cabotage earlier).
Transit permits for the different EU countries are not necessary.
The number of permits for each country are limited, meaning Turkey has a certain number of german, belgian, french permits etc…

So if no agreement is reached before march 30 th 2019 deadline, the British will fall back to this scenario.

thanks for your effort and research there.

a great example of how we will be free from EU red tape and bureaucracy, oh no wait there’ll actually be far more

You know what Brexit is a British and European and Western issue so he is right. The UK decision is gonna affect a lot of countries.

TiredAndEmotional:

pierrot 14:

TiredAndEmotional:

A little strong tbh. I wasnt born in the Uk but on a boat in the bay of biscay but lived and worked in the Uk from day one until 27. I still have a link to the Uk with my old property which is on long term rent and although from mixed parents (Russian and Spanish) still like to think of the Uk (in a way) as my ‘home’ as such. Is there really anything wrong in having a view on subjects like Brexit…?

AndrewG:

TiredAndEmotional:

pierrot 14:

TiredAndEmotional:

A little strong tbh. I wasnt born in the Uk but on a boat in the bay of biscay but lived and worked in the Uk from day one until 27. I still have a link to the Uk with my old property which is on long term rent and although from mixed parents (Russian and Spanish) still like to think of the Uk (in a way) as my ‘home’ as such. Is there really anything wrong in having a view on subjects like Brexit…?

Ignore him Andrew, he obviously has an anti-European bee in his bonnet. Anti EEC, anti European people, UK rules etc. All that I have received within his replies are insults and to quote him::-

That’s having your patisserie and manging it…I could ask wtf brexit has got to do with you?

You’re in France apparently, the cheese eating surrender monkey place. You have no right to lecture people born and raised and resident here.

Andrew, all I can add is that he’s:;:;

Tired and Emotional

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Another ■■■■■■ up thread

Wheel Nut:
Another [zb] up thread

why the attitude WheelNut ?
edited to add ::
and who was your comment directed too exactly??

No attitude, a sensible discussion was spoiled yet again. Does it matter where Peter comes from, or his wife.
We all have access to “EC” Documentaries and Documents. We can all have an opinion.

What’s it matter where you live? What you have done? And whether your spouse is English, Welsh or Thai?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: