Tyres

I would glue that if you can’t see cords or ply, always keep a tube handy. That cut is NOT going to effect the onward journey, but it just looks bloody untidy.

Yes Im sure no more nails or some superglue would work wonders for it… NOT

Swampey2418:
Yes Im sure no more nails or some superglue would work wonders for it… NOT[/quote

Hate to tell you but when we fix your tyre puncture we secure the plug in with…glue.

I think it looks a lot worse than it is…

On the outset that’s looking for a pull, but I’ll go with Spanky, maybe, maybe not, who knows with VOSA.
Personally, I would question it at the very least, all they are, are revenue collectors these days & it’s what they do, end of.

Some people appear to be misreading (or at least, misunderstanding) the published sanctions policy. When it says "Tyre has break or cut " it doesn’t mean that ANY break or cut will receive the sanction listed - it means that a break or cut as detailed in the legislation listed on the RH column will receive that sanction.

Similarly, just look a few lines further up and you will see “Mixing of tyre types/sizes” with the same sanction. It doesn’t mean that ANY mixing will be sanctioned (because some combinations are allowed under the Con & Use Regs). It means that mixing types/sizes AS PROSCRIBED IN THE LEGISLATION LISTED will be sanctioned.

Likewise tread depth - the policy just says “tread below 1mm”, whereas legally, some of the tread at the shoulders can be below that (provided there is still a visible pattern)…

That Description column is just a label to identify the offence, not a definition of it .

Hate to tell you but when we fix your tyre puncture we secure the plug in with…glue.

Own Account Driver 1937 Sun May 06, 2012 11:31 pm

Surely not. 100 00 00 PSI contained by nothing spit, superglue, and hopes and dreams. Think of the children…

I wasn’t advocating that all breaks could merely be glued and the world would continue to spin it’s axis. But that picture just looks like it’s just cosmetic damage. So yes superglue would work just fine.

If I worked for a massive multi national faceless company then I would just defect it and let the tyre monkeys sort it out. But I don’t and never intend to, so off my own back and to save my gaffer the cost and aggro and time of getting it checked, out would come the glue.

Own Account Driver:

Swampey2418:
Yes Im sure no more nails or some superglue would work wonders for it… NOT
[/quote

I thought it was vulcanised, not glued?

No that’s a process of toughening rubber up, not sticking two pieces together. Although I stand and wait to be corrected of course.

Personally anything like that I’d get it looked at, it could get worse before it gets better and it’ll cost less to replace a tire now, then replace the whole set up if it falls apart on the M-Way