Two reduced weekly rests on the spin

Harry Monk:

animal:
As I said ran consecutive reduced rest made up the third week all the time never a problem it worked well in fact

Same here, used to regularly take two consecutive reduced weekend rests when I was running my own truck, the tacho analysis software never flagged it up as an infringement.

Out of interest Harry, which tacho analysis system were you using, I`m in the market for one :wink:

Big Truck:
So the OP has “goofed” as he didn’t have a weeks holiday before taking the two consecutive reduced weekly rests??

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

No that’s just normal scenario that would reset it and is just an easy way to explain it with a fresh start.

Like I said, it’s possible to carry the potential to do 2 reduced on the bounce indefinitely

It is possible if having a weekly rest which includes every sunday midnight to have the weekly rests at the start of each week perhaps by using the last 45 hours of a holliday then a few months later switching the weekly rests to the end of the week leaving the legal possibility of taking two weekend reduced weekly rests in a row where one of them is not used for a particular week

May be in future will be new rulles ec.europa.eu/transparency/regdoc … PART-1.PDF

Why on earth if you own a 17 plate merc would you feel the need to do 14 hrs on a sat , I’m guessing it o/ t as you say you had to run in this / last Saturday so it seems saturday is not part of your regular shift pattern
I’m away all week as I assume you are and tell them too ■■■■ off at the mention of o/t , I’ve not had to run in for a bit but to say I wasnt a happy bunny was a understatement when I had too
I can understand the young kid with mortage , kids etc , but a single bloke with a merc , zb me I’d be home , down the pub , ■■■■■■ up , shagging if I was young / free and single
not doing 14 hrs on a sat / fri night in the truck and worrying whether I’ll get a infringement :unamused:
By the way I drive a ford , and apparently get paid peanuts , live out of soup kitchens and they can still shove there o/t

dozy:
Why on earth if you own a 17 plate merc would you feel the need to do 14 hrs on a sat , I’m guessing it o/ t as you say you had to run in this / last Saturday so it seems saturday is not part of your regular shift pattern

I work on a Saturday as and when I can, firstly because I only work 6 months a year and so feel I ought to make the effort when I am working, and secondly because a 14 hour Saturday would earn me a gross wage of £210, which is worthwhile. I generally do weekend overtime when I have some irregular bill to pay, such as last week my car needed a service and new brake pads all round and it saves that having to come out of my regular wage which is earmarked for cocaine and prostitutes.

Radar19:
Was having a disagreement with a friend yesterday about having two reduced weekly rests on the spin. According to him and the DVSA website you can’t have two weekly reduced rests on the spin yet the government website says you can. Last week I worked 14 hours on the Saturday reducing my weekly rest, the week before I had more than 45 hours off. This weekend I ran in on the Saturday morning after running out of shift time yesterday. My understanding is that I need to pay back the hours from last weekend and this weekend in full by next weekend.

Is this correct or have I goofed?

In any two consecutive ‘fixed’ weeks a driver must take at least:
two regular weekly rests; or
one regular weekly rest and one reduced weekly rest.

Looks like you goofed, the 45 you had was attached to preivous week, you then did 14 hours saturday and had reduced rest which is all still legal
the next week you had another reduced rest leaving you with two consecutive ‘fixed’ weeks with reduced rests

Big Truck:
If you have a reduced weekly rest week1 is it not the rule that the next weekly rest MUST be min 45hrs??

In any two consecutive ‘fixed’ weeks a driver must take at least:
two regular weekly rests; or
one regular weekly rest and one reduced weekly rest.

if your taking fixed weeks, then yes it must be a min 45hrs

205:
Looks like you goofed, the 45 you had was attached to preivous week, you then did 14 hours saturday and had reduced rest which is all still legal
the next week you had another reduced rest leaving you with two consecutive ‘fixed’ weeks with reduced rests

How do you know that was illegal because it might not be :question:

Legal example where every sunday midnight is included in the weekly rests
Off at Easter for 4 days
The week before easter has a regular using the first 45 hours of the 4 days off
The week after easter has a regular using the last 45 hours of the 4 days off
Since easter the driver has taken alternate regular and reduced with the weekly rests for each week at the start of each week
Now the driver does two reduced in a row but does not use the second for any week
The following week a regular is taken with the rests now at the end of each week

Two reduced in a row perfectly legally

OP

There is no need to “pay back” the reduced weekly rest as the total accrued rest you have taken through the week between working periods, and whilst using the “break” mode should add up to at least 45 hours.
Yours sincerely

Ex VOSA Officer

Volvo147:
OP

There is no need to “pay back” the reduced weekly rest as the total accrued rest you have taken through the week between working periods, and whilst using the “break” mode should add up to at least 45 hours.
Yours sincerely

Ex VOSA Officer

Where did you get that load of rubbish from :question: perhaps you can post a link to that very new info :unamused:

ROG:

Volvo147:
OP

Yours sincerely

Ex VOSA Officer

Where did you get that load of rubbish from :question: perhaps you can post a link to that very new info :unamused:

That’s nothing ROG, check out his post in the 24v kettle thread :smiley:

Sent from my mobile.

Volvo147:
OP

Yours sincerely

Ex VOSA Officer

Well “Ex VOSA Officer,” how does your info take account of this please?

REGULATION (EC) No 561/2006 Article 8(6)

Article 8(6):
In any two consecutive weeks a driver shall take at least:

— two regular weekly rest periods, or

— one regular weekly rest period and one reduced weekly rest period of at least 24 hours. However, the reduction shall be compensated by an equivalent period of rest taken en bloc before the end of the third week following the week in question.

It’s the words “en bloc” that scuppers your info.

Maybe it does indeed “add up to at least 45 hours,” but that’s nothing to the point because those 45hrs can’t just be aggregated and used as a weekly rest.

Article 8(7) has this too:

Article 8(7):
Any rest taken as compensation for a reduced weekly rest period shall be attached to another rest period of at least nine hours.

:bulb: Over to you for a quote that supports your info. :wink:

Don’t feed the troll.

Sure it’s obvious lads:

“Ex VOSA officer” wonder why!!![emoji3]

Diesel Dave -
Perhaps you’d like to explain that to the drivers posting further up this thread… your spin on the rules and regs is at odds with comments posted previously.
And the reason for my no longer working as an enforcement officer has nothing to do with my knowledge of EC regulations, I wanted a career change…

David

Volvo147:

Volvo147:
Perhaps you’d like to explain that to the drivers posting further up this thread… your spin on the rules and regs is at odds with comments posted previously.

To suggest that you can add rest periods between working periods to make up a weekly rest period is utter nonsense.

Though I tend to think this has to be a wind up as in another of your posts you suggest that using a kettle to boil water counts as working time :laughing:

Harry Monk:

dozy:

I work on a Saturday as and when I can, firstly because I only work 6 months a year and so feel I ought to make the effort when I am working, and secondly because a 14 hour Saturday would earn me a gross wage of £210, which is worthwhile. I generally do weekend overtime when I have some irregular bill to pay, such as last week my car needed a service and new brake pads all round and it saves that having to come out of my regular wage which is earmarked for cocaine and prostitutes.

Do you get any kind of discount Harry for combining the two?

(Just asking for a friend of course… :wink: )

Volvo147:
Diesel Dave -
And the reason for my no longer working as an enforcement officer has nothing to do with my knowledge of EC regulations, I wanted a career change…

David

:open_mouth: Blimey, you couldn’t make this up. :unamused:

Sorry mate, but there’s no “spin” involved whatsoever, since I quoted the very Regs themselves (unedited) and included the relevant Article and paragraph references.

Could I ask you (for a second time) for a link/quote/reference that supports what you said earlier about aggregating please?

Over to you. :smiley:

so how does this work when your 4 on 4 off as your weekly rest nay in fact be in the week as opposed to a weekend