Trying to find a new job

albion:

Casper1877:
I’ve had alook on most of the websites and 90%seem to be through agency’s.
See why company’s possibly go this way, see what drivers are like before employing full time possibly.
I just prefer the security of a full time job, if there is such a thing.
Never given working for a agency much thought.

I never understand that theory, you know within a few months if some is OK, if not the party ways.

I don’t get that logic either. Employ full time directly but on a probation period. If no good easy to get rid.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

It’s looking grim out there.

Applied for a low loader job, £8.75ph, walked away.
Applied for an airport haulier multi drop, £8.50ph, walked away.

Got agencies calling me every day, £9-9.50ph, on PAYE - local or tramping!

This industry is officially ducked. I really am considering stacking shelves. If the beans don’t get restocked due to a trolly crash in aisle 3, I will just move on to peas.

Casper1877:
is there anything out there that’s not agency.
Looking in and around the telford area, everything is agency, remember when agency’s were set up, short term jobs for a short term surge in work.

I’m agency but full time , mom- fri , I left this job when I was full time and then went elsewhere x3 and am now back full time agency , Before I went full time agency I was ad hoc with various local companies , maybe it’s something you may consider .

Honked:
Got agencies calling me every day, £9-9.50ph, on PAYE - local or tramping!

Because if you’ve already got a book of 50 guys you know will work for £10 an hour, you immediately put the feelers out for guys who’ll work for £9.50 or £9 an hour, and if anybody bites then that man gets the work and the £10 an hour man gets told it’s quiet today.

If nobody bites, the £10 an hour man continues to be given the work.

That works not just between an agency and driver, but also between haulier and agency, and between customer and haulier (or between hauliers, in a subcontracting relationship).

Do you have a US green card ? I could get you a job right now, $1350,00 a week minimum pay but you must have the legal to live and work in the USA. My company loves English drivers, must be because we are not stupid LOL.

Pat Hasler:
Do you have a US green card ? I could get you a job right now, $1350,00 a week minimum pay but you must have the legal to live and work in the USA. My company loves English drivers, must be because we are not stupid LOL.

Thanks but I’m trying to lose weight and the yanks don’t do thin [emoji38]

Pat Hasler:

That’ll be tramping though, I suppose?

I made some enquiries with regards to actually emigrating to the US some ten years ago. I checked up their criteria more recently, and alas there still seems to be this thing where you have either got to be able to buy a house cash and/or provide work for local Americans - ie start your own business upon arrival.

I didn’t see anything at all for “Sponsorships given for Class 1 Limey Drivers urgently needed for anti-social hours work in the US” anywhere at all, alas. :frowning:

Be abit to far for me to commute daily lol

I fear you might be confusing the real jobs out there with the jobs that are advertised on’t T’inernets.

Advertising a job, whether it exists or not, is really cheap on’t T’internets.

IME the jobs that folk want aren’t actually ever advertised. In fact, the last few Co’s I’ve worked for it has been considered a dissmissable offence for gross negligence to ring up the local jobcentre or post on Indeed.co.uk.

My boss is up at nesscliffe
4 on 4 off
Or 5 to 6days , he’s easygoing
Fridges or milk tanks.
Days nights or tramping
Pay scheme to suit you
Daily,hourly or salary
Pm me if your intrseted

tonyb70:
4 on 4 off
Fridges or milk tanks.
Days nights or tramping
Pay scheme to suit you
Daily,hourly or salary
Pm me if your intrseted

Right… I’ll have a crack at this,
4 on 4 off,
Fridges,
Day’s,
£20 p/h,
Hourly,
I won’t pm you cos it’s not true.

Does anybody have any expierence of working for Cml/morgans in Telford.
Just after a heads up as to what they maybe like.
Never had any expierence with fridge work, no doubt soon pick it up

sweepster:

tonyb70:
4 on 4 off
Fridges or milk tanks.
Days nights or tramping
Pay scheme to suit you
Daily,hourly or salary
Pm me if your intrseted

Right… I’ll have a crack at this,
4 on 4 off,
Fridges,
Day’s,
£20 p/h,
Hourly,
I won’t pm you cos it’s not true.

I can’t see where it says £20 for anything

Honked:

Pat Hasler:

I find that just shows either how ignorant you are or that you spend too much time watching Jeremy Clarkson. I am dam sight slimmer than you I’ll bet, 6’1" and 10stone.

Pat Hasler:

Honked:

Pat Hasler:

I find that just shows either how ignorant you are or that you spend too much time watching Jeremy Clarkson. I am dam sight slimmer than you I’ll bet, 6’1" and 10stone.

That’s bordering on skinnny not slim :smiley:

Pat Hasler:

Honked:

Pat Hasler:

I see you surrendered your sense of humour along with your appetite.

Casper1877:
Does anybody have any expierence of working for Cml/morgans in Telford.
Just after a heads up as to what they maybe like.
Never had any expierence with fridge work, no doubt soon pick it up

Speak polish and its all lidl and aldi work so a lot of self tipping

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Honked:

Pat Hasler:

Honked:

Pat Hasler:

I see you surrendered your sense of humour along with your appetite.

Cancer does that to people. The company I work for employ over a thousand drivers, I rarely see and obese drivers, the only guy who I see on our company who is slightly over weight is actually another Englishman :wink:
However each time we come back to the UK I see increasingly fatter people.

I actually lost over 30lbs during the 4 months on chemotherapy starting last November, the treatment was changed to experimental oral drugs which seem to be working to destroy my cancer cells and on Friday when I was checked I had gained 15lbs but I have never been fat in any way, I remained about the same weight from my mid 20’s until I was diagnosed.

That’s great, you have explained your reason for not being a fatty but what happened to your British sense of humour?