TRUCKIN IN THE 80's (International)

harry:
routier Dublin Meat was owned by my mate Bunny ,who lived in Dublin. Ex-SCA driver. That snap was taken in Smithfield.

what happened to him ? was he subbyin for Shertrans ? used to go to Liverpool abbatoir a lot in the 70s did Dublin Meats, remembder my dad hand balling the hanging meat of the trailers!! Half a cow over ya shoulder and off ya go!!! couldnt see any of todays era of drivers doin that now!

truckerash:

settdani:
some great pics… some peoples names i heard of. any pics of TAFT international? did alot of european work in the 70’s and 80’s

thanks

your wish is my command :smiley:

excellent have you got anymore of these beauties?

Hi Truckerash,

Do you have any old removal company pics from the eighties ■■ Especially ones doing European work :stuck_out_tongue:

routier Bunny got one of those debilitating diseases & ended his days with his Irish wife living in Dublin .I hope he’s still around but he stopped seeing people & talking on the phone years ago.He didn’t want people to see him with the illness.

Axorman:
Hello Ash,

Anyone remember a company from North Lodon called Freighters, used to have 88’s in a light brown/tan colour? would be late 70,s

Ron

North LODON? :confused: would that be anywhere near London :blush:

anyway: just for you Ron: i been digging all day for this pic, knew i had it somewhere:?
didnt know they had 88’s though :slight_smile:
anyone got any pics of them?

mikey1:
Hi Truckerash,

Do you have any old removal company pics from the eighties ■■ Especially ones doing European work :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the request Mikey…this will get me out a tight spot, cause i cant find enough decent Merc pics for a “Merc theme night” so now i can combine it with removals. cheers!

Luker Bros are still going strong

Not sure about Ceti…this 1 operated by Frank Hill, Manchester.

Thats enough of “Hitler’s Revenge”.
Luckings are still going but now they have plain white and stickered Renaults :frowning:

And what about Concorde? Not sure if they qualify as removals or exhibitions…still, not every day you see a great looking “Dagenham Dustbin” is it.?

ps: Concorde did Middle East with Dafs and F89’s!!!

euromat:
great transam pics, if you have any of the competition too that would be interesting to see

spose these are your heroes then Mat? “you rock we roll baby” :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

i love this thread. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

im also well impressed with ash’s little ancidotes with the pic’s.

you can creep all ya like Jessica’s dad :laughing: …i still cant find yer Yardley pics! :frowning:

truckerash:
you can creep all ya like Jessica’s dad :laughing: …i still cant find yer Yardley pics! :frowning:

dont worry thanks for looking anyway. :cry: nobody seems to have any anywhere.

truckerash:

euromat:
great transam pics, if you have any of the competition too that would be interesting to see

spose these are your heroes then Mat? “you rock we roll baby” :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

see one of old Nobbys there next to Shirleys!

Great thread…I’d love to see some Fiats or Ivecos if you’ve got any. :sunglasses:

jessicas dad:

truckerash:

dont worry thanks for looking anyway. :cry: nobody seems to have any anywhere.

take heart alex - he hasn’t said he hasn’t got any, just not found any - have faith in the oracle! :smiley:

If you are going to do SW companies, I would be very interested in any Westfield’s if you have any as I am starting with them on monday.

I don’t know when they started going over but I understand they were mostly rigids in the 80’s

Marvellous pics and tales Ash,keep em coming regards derek

propa lorry:
iya Ash it was me on the m6 the other night goin home after another road run,another new back end now she flys

put a proper grin on my face lookin at you go past :laughing:looks well that motor.dont fancy a swop 4 a plain white 4x2 low roof narrow cabbed slow uncomfortable axor do you? :blush:

truckerash:

euromat:

cheers mate, nice pic of one of “seldom early’s”!! i have a poster at home that was a give away of one of their trucks in a field, they were giving them away on shirleys website a while ago, dont know if they have any left

propa lorry:
iya Ash it was me on the m6 the other night goin home after another road run,another new back end now she flys

iya Terry, nice to see you on here mate…small world ay?
u got any photos you can post here?

this lot would luv to see the old Scammell :wink:

hey ash dont suppose you have any of eurotrucks (or perhps eurotrux) from chippenham way?

FIAT pics?

Atkins
Maritana (ran under Anchor-Euro colours out of Felixstowe)
Trans UK (know you’ve got them)

Maggie-Deutz pics?

Trans UK (know you’ve got them)
Cawthorn & Sinclair

And have you got any old Eric Vick ERF pics? They did some M/E.