TRUCKIN IN THE 80's (International)

Its good to see my Dads 141. This started it all for Joe and us Ryders. no one could ever keep up the chase even the Americans! Jersey to Chicago and Even hauling Crude oil in west Texas. He worked cicles around men alot younger then him!But thats what you get when you put a longford man behind the wheel of a rig! Thanks again! Cheers!! -Dean Ryder

suefrank:
Hi lads I drove in middle east about 1980 for squires of Wolverhampton, that picture of that daf brings back memories. I drove daf 2800 EOJ 885 V good old tool have photos somewhere.

Bit late but here is a pic of the Daf, (pic. Robert Dunn)

Cab roof lights, twin air-horns, windscreen flag strips, classic 80s look.

Classic 80s Australia look :blush: :open_mouth: New scanner etc, still working it out :unamused:

Had to get ‘Her indoors’ to sort it :unamused: :smiley:

:imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :smiling_imp: Back to the drawing board, bloody computers :confused:

adr:
:evil: :smiling_imp: :imp: :smiling_imp: Back to the drawing board, bloody computers :confused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Here you go chap ! :wink:

Try again

Scan0001.jpg

Cheers DEANB :smiley: Got there in the end :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: Give me a twin splitter & I’m happy, a keyboard & I’m :blush: :imp: :smiling_imp: . Chris

Just see a John T Howard & Promotor Scania’s in this line.

Scottish fleets were & still are some of the smartest in Europe.

Never see Wagons like this in Europe again, all bland & the same now. Chris

All these firms gone :frowning:

French Merc, with AA & RAC badges on the front grill :confused: :smiley:

adr:

Whose is the Bedford TM between the two Fiats?

[zb]
anorak:

adr:

Possibly the BOC Euro division ?.

Well spotted anorak,i had to look 3 times before i saw it :open_mouth:

Danne

Carryfast:

[zb]
anorak:

adr:

Possibly the BOC Euro division ?.

Was thinking the same- does the headboard say “Transhield”, or whatever the BOC word was?

Edit- the headboard is the same shape as this one:
flickr.com/photos/26058810@N02/4927395308

i put the pic up & I didn’t see that one :unamused: Looks to me as Anorak says to be BOC/Transhield. Chris

adr:
i put the pic up & I didn’t see that one :unamused: Looks to me as Anorak says to be BOC/Transhield. Chris

It might well say ‘Euroshield’, as the units sent over the water often carried that on the headboard (the ERFs I drove did). The other buzz words written on the trailers of that time were ‘Transvite’ and ‘BOC Baker’; all on the Faversham-Paris-Antwerp run. Robert