TRUCKIN IN THE 80's (International)

Rex Trotman operated a small but tidy fleet on Euro work in the 70s/80s.

MAZO from Valencia, still going strong! Chris

It’s good to see some of the old Spanish firms are still going…
Whatever happened to pardon the spelling probably the biggest transportes setabenses ■■?

Always liked the Spanish outfits, never over the top just well-matched livery on tractor/trailer, bright & distinctive but not like a Circus :smiley: . Chris

And they sometimes had a taste for something different too :sunglasses: :smiley: . Chris

Cabrera still going strong with Spanish drivers and plenty V8’s, see them in DK every day. Most other Spanish trucks seem to be registered in Cluj Napoca these days. How its all crumbled to this I really can’t imagine.

Great Spanish pics Chris,thanks. They have a look of their own,I always loved the look of them when I was a kid growing up in the UK. What were the blue and yellow square and triangle all about?

NZ JAMIE:
Great Spanish pics Chris,thanks. They have a look of their own,I always loved the look of them when I was a kid growing up in the UK. What were the blue and yellow square and triangle all about?

Hi NZ Jamie, I was told years ago the yellow square/triangle were something to do with being loaded or empty! If anyone knows more info please tell! Chris

Evening all I think it ment you had a trailer on, I’ve seen them on cars as well who are pulling trailers !! ■■ Regards Andy

Square yellow, HGV,and with yellow triangle, HGV with trailer.

Thanks Gazza and what about the dark blue diamond with a couple of initials on the side of the cab? Do these tell which region the truck is from?

Where the “Operators Licence” was held (MA: Malaga), Jamie. Same as the Belgian “V” number that used to be on their trucks.

Another picture of the Arthur Green Scania at Whitwood gathering October 2014

A LDD by Mick Hellawell of AS Rawlings for his son to present in school after the school holidays for the inevitable “What did you do on your holidays Stewart Hellawell?”

Brilliant, real great way to evoke memories for guys like me who have done very much the same,many times!! :smiley:

Peronne Services, sometime in early 80s. Chris

Remember Lacey’s and Moorlock International (MTI) but don’t know the middle one looks like a British tilt though, Buzzer.

Looks like the Scania has L.K or CK Macintosh written on the side. Didn’t Morlocks do a lot of Spain? and Laceys from Barking had a reputation for employing some real “characters”! :laughing: :wink:

Found online: bit of sunny Spain as she used to be. Robert