Truck/Road Movies

Longwayround:
Duel was the best and on a par with Jaws as far as Spielberg goes.

Definately. If you watch the extras on the Duel DVD, Spielberg is saying how he used certain scenes from Duel in Jaws. Like when the truck is tumbling down the hill at the end and it twists round with a roar, He used the same technique at the end of Jaws when the shark is dying. Classic stuff.

yep your right forgot about sid james

teddy_0781:
what,s that one when the truck,s circle the cafe with charlie sheen it where all the machines take over

thats a stephen king book isnt it.

theghostofcain:

Carl:
hell drivers great black n white film starring stanley baker herbert lomb sean connery and patrick mcgowen

If I remember rightly, Sid James too?

Yep - Alfie Bass too, oh, and the first Dr Who: William Hartnell - not to mention Gordon Jackson, David McCallum and Peggy ■■■■■■■.

It’s a true classic! :wink:

whats that film in which clint eastwood drives around with a very hairy second man,he seems to fight everybody he meets?
(could almost be a day in the life of a british trucker) :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i’m tired:
whats that film in which clint eastwood drives around with a very hairy second man,he seems to fight everybody he meets?
(could almost be a day in the life of a british trucker) :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

dafdaveAny which way you can ITS ON CHANNEL 5 NOW

what are the odds on that,spooky.

i’m tired:
what are the odds on that,spooky.

dafdave Yea real spooky.Enjoy it

Also Any Which Way but Loose with CLint Eastwood and the Orangatang

Remember Killdozer - not exactly trucks but big stuff taking over the world with Clint Walker - Loved that one

Whiteline fever (NOT a cocaine habit) :laughing:

Truckers - weekly programme 86/87/88 i think Pickard Freight based a lot on Derry Brothers actually run from thier site in the series

Destination doha (available fom your friendly UJ) :laughing: :laughing:

The Brothers

lee van cleef starred in an almost unknown 1983 film called killing machine for the UK market - i spotted the Hnos.Monros (remember them, blue trucks, yellow writing?) F12 on the cover in a video shop about 1990 and couldn’t resist renting it out - biggest pile o’shoyte you ever saw and not really about trucking at all :cry: